Trapped Chilean Miners

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Indy Coug
    Heartless Bastard
    • Dec 2008
    • 18747

    #61
    Originally posted by Soccermom View Post
    I am the same way. It is so awesome. And, because I am watching the news all morning, I heard that some of the miners have mistresses and that miner 21's wife and girlfriend are both at the mine holding vigils.

    http://nyc.barstoolsports.com/random...ss-at-a-vigil/
    http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=6063185
    Everything in life is an approximation.

    http://twitter.com/CougarStats

    Comment

    • statman
      Rabblerouser
      • Aug 2009
      • 2799

      #62
      "They're miners, not minors."

      One of the best movie lines ever...

      Comment

      • Art Vandelay
        Striving for mediocrity
        • Jul 2009
        • 10516

        #63
        I just hope Claudio holds his lead. I have a couple Benjamins riding on it.

        Last edited by Art Vandelay; 10-13-2010, 05:23 PM.

        Comment

        • shoganai
          Junior Member
          • Feb 2010
          • 513

          #64
          Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
          I just hope Claudio holds his lead. I have a couple Benjamins riding on it.

          What took that one guy so long? 25 minutes?

          Comment

          • CJF
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 8497

            #65
            Originally posted by Soccermom View Post
            I am the same way. It is so awesome. And, because I am watching the news all morning, I heard that some of the miners have mistresses and that miner 21's wife and girlfriend are both at the mine holding vigils.

            http://nyc.barstoolsports.com/random...ss-at-a-vigil/
            The world should be happy Brett Favre isn't trapped in that mine.
            A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

            Comment

            • Pheidippides
              Liberal Feminazi
              • Nov 2008
              • 14759

              #66
              Originally posted by CJF View Post
              The world should be happy Brett Favre isn't trapped in that mine.
              Yeah. Otherwise the first camera shots we would have seen from the mine over a month ago would have been of some old guy's dong.
              Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

              Comment

              • LiveCoug
                LA Ute loves me
                • Nov 2008
                • 18488

                #67
                Well, it's over. Everyone (miners and rescuers) is safe. Quite the incredible story.

                Comment

                • wuapinmon
                  Soul Plumber
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 30711

                  #68
                  Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                  Well, it's over. Everyone (miners and rescuers) is safe. Quite the incredible story.
                  For several reasons, including this, yesterday was one of the best days of my life.
                  "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                  The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                  Comment

                  • Indy Coug
                    Heartless Bastard
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 18747

                    #69
                    Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                    For several reasons, including this, yesterday was one of the best days of my life.
                    OK, I realize this question is going to come off as insensitive (and I'm sensitive to the fact that people view me as being insensitive), but why does a story like this affect you that much?

                    It's nice to see 33 people live instead of die, but in the grand scheme of things and the daily life and death struggle that billions go through, what makes this story particularly newsworthy or life changing?
                    Everything in life is an approximation.

                    http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                    Comment

                    • Surfah
                      Where's Wallace?
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 33726

                      #70
                      Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                      OK, I realize this question is going to come off as insensitive (and I'm sensitive to the fact that people view me as being insensitive), but why does a story like this affect you that much?

                      It's nice to see 33 people live instead of die, but in the grand scheme of things and the daily life and death struggle that billions go through, what makes this story particularly newsworthy or life changing?
                      This reminds me of someone saying if you're still saying your mission was the best 2 years of your life 2 years after you return home, you need to get a life.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • wuapinmon
                        Soul Plumber
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 30711

                        #71
                        Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                        OK, I realize this question is going to come off as insensitive (and I'm sensitive to the fact that people view me as being insensitive), but why does a story like this affect you that much?

                        It's nice to see 33 people live instead of die, but in the grand scheme of things and the daily life and death struggle that billions go through, what makes this story particularly newsworthy or life changing?
                        I said for "several reasons," but, some stories are more compelling than others. Marvels of engineering, the struggle against adversity overcome by human intuition, the wonderful feeling of unity with my Hispanic brethren that Anglo-Saxon cultural conditioning removes from us, and a feeling that not all things are hopeless.

                        I also had some really great things happen to me yesterday outside of this, but this was a great day for mankind, for Chile, for la Raza, and for los que cantan el son triunfal junto con el hermano wuapinmon.
                        "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                        The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                        Comment

                        • Indy Coug
                          Heartless Bastard
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 18747

                          #72
                          Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                          I said for "several reasons," but, some stories are more compelling than others. Marvels of engineering, the struggle against adversity overcome by human intuition, the wonderful feeling of unity with my Hispanic brethren that Anglo-Saxon cultural conditioning removes from us, and a feeling that not all things are hopeless.

                          I also had some really great things happen to me yesterday outside of this, but this was a great day for mankind, for Chile, for la Raza, and for los que cantan el son triunfal junto con el hermano wuapinmon.
                          Thanks for your perspective. Glad everything's coming up wuap these days.
                          Everything in life is an approximation.

                          http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                          Comment

                          • grapevine
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2009
                            • 1990

                            #73
                            Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                            Did they have light down there? I was just thinking how long could you go in total darkness before you went crazy.
                            I read about it in wikipedia. They put lights down there to stimulate day and night. I would probably freak out down there that long. Compared it to the space station astronauts there. However I think Astronauts can leave the space station once in a while and know how long they will be there.

                            Comment

                            Working...