30 year fixed mortgage rates down to 4.25% today

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Joe Public
    8.1 YPC
    • Apr 2011
    • 8524

    #121
    Originally posted by CJF View Post
    What is the FHA streamline rate?
    Bump.

    Has anyone completed a streamline refinance lately? What are rates like? They seem to be extremely (as in all-time) low in general right now.

    My mortgage predates the higher monthly mortgage insurance rates that went into effect, so I'm skeptical that rates are low enough for me to get the 5% minimum reduction. I still have some upfront MIP on the table, though, and it's easy to run the numbers.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

    "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

    Comment

    • pellegrino
      miserere me
      • Jan 2009
      • 12100

      #122
      Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
      Bump.

      Has anyone completed a streamline refinance lately? What are rates like? They seem to be extremely (as in all-time) low in general right now.

      My mortgage predates the higher monthly mortgage insurance rates that went into effect, so I'm skeptical that rates are low enough for me to get the 5% minimum reduction. I still have some upfront MIP on the table, though, and it's easy to run the numbers.
      Our bank is offering 30 year mortgages @ 3.99%. We snapped it up.
      Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
      God forgives many things for an act of mercy
      Alessandro Manzoni

      Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

      pelagius

      Comment

      • Donuthole
        Official Outgayer
        • Nov 2008
        • 25268

        #123
        Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
        Our bank is offering 30 year mortgages @ 3.99%. We snapped it up.
        Yeah, that's the rate we just got on a Harp 2.0 refi. Down from 6.75, that should make a pretty big difference.
        Last edited by Donuthole; 06-15-2012, 01:27 PM.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

        There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

        Comment

        • Joe Public
          8.1 YPC
          • Apr 2011
          • 8524

          #124
          Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          Yeah, that's the rate we just got on a Harp 2.0 refi. Down from 6.75, that should make a pretty big difference.
          If I remember correctly, you were in refi no-man's-land for a while. That's great news.
          "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

          "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

          Comment

          • TripletDaddy
            sweet triple
            • Nov 2008
            • 58186

            #125
            Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
            Yeah, that's the rate we just got on a Harp 2.0 refi. Down from 6.75, that should make a pretty big difference.
            6.75? when did you get that rate?
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

            sigpic

            Comment

            • Donuthole
              Official Outgayer
              • Nov 2008
              • 25268

              #126
              Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              6.75? when did you get that rate?
              When we bought. We have been trying to refi for several years, but due to the combination of our conventional loan and the pre-paid PMI included on our original loan, nobody would refinance us. It wasn't until Harp 2.0 that we finally were cleared. A stupid, stupid technicality that has probably cost me at least $15k over the last few years.

              Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
              If I remember correctly, you were in refi no-man's-land for a while. That's great news.
              Yep. Special shout out to CJ, who was continually keeping an eye out for a program that would help us refi.
              Last edited by Donuthole; 06-15-2012, 01:53 PM.
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

              There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

              Comment

              • Jacob
                Junior Member
                • Oct 2009
                • 6801

                #127
                Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                Yeah, that's the rate we just got on a Harp 2.0 refi. Down from 6.75, that should make a pretty big difference.
                That's great news. Congrats.

                Comment

                • Color Me Badd Fan
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 12519

                  #128
                  Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                  Bump.

                  Has anyone completed a streamline refinance lately? What are rates like? They seem to be extremely (as in all-time) low in general right now.

                  My mortgage predates the higher monthly mortgage insurance rates that went into effect, so I'm skeptical that rates are low enough for me to get the 5% minimum reduction. I still have some upfront MIP on the table, though, and it's easy to run the numbers.
                  When did the higher mortgage insurance rates come into effect?

                  I actually streamlined down to 4.25%
                  Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

                  Comment

                  • Joe Public
                    8.1 YPC
                    • Apr 2011
                    • 8524

                    #129
                    Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                    When did the higher mortgage insurance rates come into effect?

                    I actually streamlined down to 4.25%
                    I think April 1 of this year.
                    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

                    "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

                    Comment

                    • Color Me Badd Fan
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 12519

                      #130
                      Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                      I think April 1 of this year.
                      Oh, I did mine October 2010
                      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

                      Comment

                      • Jask12
                        Junior Member
                        • Jun 2012
                        • 1

                        #131
                        You can see this site:

                        Comment

                        • Donuthole
                          Official Outgayer
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 25268

                          #132
                          Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                          If I remember correctly, you were in refi no-man's-land for a while. That's great news.
                          Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                          That's great news. Congrats.
                          The paperwork took a little longer than expected, but we closed today at 3.75% (down from 6.75). Mrs. D has already tallied the monthly difference and set up a monthly auto-transfer into our IRA for that same amount. Also, I wanted to buy new clubs with a portion of the two month mortgage abatement, but I was informed that money is being transferred into another money market account.

                          I guess we all know who wears the financial pants in the Donuthole household.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                          There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                          Comment

                          Working...