The Glorious Blog of the Democratic People's Republic of North Korea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
    If he's THAT idiotic and reckless we need to impeach today. Or is having a president who has a real strategy with something as important as foreign policy as it relates to North Korea, just too much to ask? Is having a president who acts like a 7 year old ok?
    Not gonna lie - I kind of like the fact that the NK folks are going through back channels to try to figure out what Trump is doing. I really like that they are getting done to them what they've been doing to the rest of the world for years - trolled by weird saber rattling tweets.

Obviously I'm not wanting this to turn into war. But I'm OK with NK getting a little freaked out.

On the other hand - and I don't think Trump is doing this (unfortunately) - there is both a theory in psychology and a parenting technic I've see that both have to do with matching.

First - the theory in psychology. The idea is that you match the client's intensity and mannerisms - you begin where they are. If they are loud and fast, so are you. Then, you can slowly begin to be less loud and less fast. And as you move to a different place, they will tend to follow you.

If this is a starting place, and Trump can slowly walk back his hyperbole and get Kim to follow - win/win!

Second - the parenting technic. Basically, when a kid starts to throw a tantrum, you start your own tantrum right there with them. They'll see what you're doing, how out of control and silly it looks, and they'll stop to take it in. Then you can have a conversation about it.

Kim has been tantruming in NK for years. If Trump's tantrums get him to pause and look around a little, maybe that's OK too.

Comment

• Nicholas Kristoff got a special visa and make a trip to NK recently.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/05/o...rth-korea.html

Folks there are convinced they could win a nuclear war with the US. Crazy times.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Nicholas Kristoff got a special visa and make a trip to NK recently.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/05/o...rth-korea.html

Folks there are convinced they could win a nuclear war with the US. Crazy times.
        all the more reason for Trump to get them riled up, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
          all the more reason for Trump to get them riled up, right?
          Good thing we don't have a thin-skinned, emotionally immature nutjob in the White House!
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Good thing we don't have a thin-skinned, emotionally immature nutjob in the White House!
            But if we did, NO BIG DEAL!

Comment

• Yet another example how our cyber security sucks...

North Korean Hackers Stole U.S.-South Korean Military Plans, Lawmaker Says

North Korean hackers stole a vast cache of data, including classified wartime contingency plans jointly drawn by the United States and South Korea, when they breached the computer network of the South Korean military last year, a South Korean lawmaker said Tuesday.

One of the plans included the South Korean military’s plan to remove the North Korean leader, Kim Jong-un, referred to as a “decapitation” plan, should war break out on the Korean Peninsula, the lawmaker, Rhee Cheol-hee, told reporters.

Mr. Rhee, a member of the governing Democratic Party who serves on the defense committee of the National Assembly, said he only recently learned of the scale of the North Korean hacking attack, which was first discovered in September last year.

It was not known whether any of the military’s top secrets were leaked, although Mr. Rhee said that nearly 300 lower-classification confidential documents were stolen. The military has not yet identified nearly 80 percent of the 235 gigabytes of leaked data, he said.
              [...]
              https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/10/w...war-plans.html

I guess Drumpf's tweets are not the only thing pissing off Kim "Rocket Man" Long-dong.
              "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Hmm... I wonder if Dennis Rodman will be there as well:

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• North and South Korea reportedly set to announce official end to war

• Ahead of a summit next week between North Korean premier Kim Jong Un and South Korean President Moon Jae-In, lawmakers from the neighboring states were thought to be negotiating the details of a joint statement that could outline an end to the confrontation.
                  • Pyongyang and Seoul have technically been at war since the 1950-1953 Korean conflict ended with a truce — and not a peace treaty.

North and South Korea are in talks to announce a permanent end to the officially declared military conflict between the two countries, daily newspaper Munhwa Ilbo reported Tuesday, citing an unnamed South Korean official.

Ahead of a summit next week between North Korean premier Kim Jong Un and South Korean President Moon Jae-in, lawmakers from the neighboring states were thought to be negotiating the details of a joint statement that could outline an end to the confrontation.

Kim and Moon could also discuss returning the heavily-fortified demilitarized zone separating them to its original state, the newspaper said.

Pyongyang and Seoul have technically been at war since the 1950-1953 Korean conflict ended with a truce — and not a peace treaty. Geopolitical tensions have occasionally flared up since the armistice, although to date both countries have managed to avoid another devastating conflict.

A successful summit between the Koreas later this month could help pave the way for a meeting between Kim and President Donald Trump. The U.S. president and North Korean leader are poised to hold talks in late May or June, according to the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA).
                  [...]
                  https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/17/nort...nd-to-war.html

Hmm... I wonder if Drumpf will get the Nobel Peace prize.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/17/nort...nd-to-war.html

Hmm... I wonder if Drumpf will get the Nobel Peace prize.
                    Let me help you out, he won’t.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                      Let me help you out, he won’t.
                      Yeah... If they did give him the prize I am guessing that he would just throw it in the garage or something anyway.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Yeah... If they did give him the prize I am guessing that he would just throw it in the garage or something anyway.
                        You must be joking? He loves awards and praise. That’s all he cares about.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                          You must be joking? He loves awards and praise. That’s all he cares about.
                          Yeah there's no way he doesn't talk about his Nobel Peace Prize non-stop for the rest of his life.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            Yeah there's no way he doesn't talk about his Nobel Peace Prize non-stop for the rest of his life.
                            Yeah, that would be awesome... then you and Frank would hear on the news every day from the news talking heads how Drumpf won’t shut the hell up about his Nobel Peace Prize. We might even get some more eye rolls from Anderson Cooper!

Sent from my iPhone (and not some dumb android device)!
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Pompeo met with Kim Jong Un: report

CIA Director Mike Pompeo flew to North Korea earlier this year and met with the nation’s leader Kim Jong Un, The Washington Post reported Tuesday.

The shocking, top-secret trip took place during Easter weekend ahead of a possible summit between President Trump and Kim later this year to discuss Pyongyang's nuclear program.

The CIA, White House and North Korean government all refused to comment to the Post, which confirmed the meeting with two sources with direct knowledge of it.

Trump said Tuesday that the U.S. had direct talks with North Korea at "very high levels" but did not provide more details.

“We have had direct talks at very high levels, extremely high levels, with North Korea,” the president said. “I really believe there’s a lot of goodwill. We’ll see what happens, as I always say. Because ultimately it’s the end result that counts.”
                              [...]
                              http://thehill.com/policy/internatio...jong-un-report

Peace with the North Koreans... who would have thought that?

Of course, Frank will tell us the great things that President Obama did for world peace. In fact, it was most likely Obama that started these talks.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Hasn't happened yet.
                                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X