Official 2010 Midterm Election thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dabrockster
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2009
    • 10950

    #31
    Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
    There is a reason why liberals like Rachel Maddow like to keep the Tea Baggers in the spotlight.
    Hey Robin. Can you dispense with the "Tea Bagger" comment... It is beneath you..

    Overall, I can see the Tea Party having a positive impact and negative. In this case, it sounds like the repubs were bull headed and went with a person no one liked and it burnt them. Libs may like this, but in some cases the Tea Party is all about waking up the Repub party and getting them back in line for what they stand for.. So hopefully they will take this lesson and learn from it...

    Comment

    • RobinFinderson
      Banned
      • Nov 2008
      • 10548

      #32
      Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
      Hey Robin. Can you dispense with the "Tea Bagger" comment... It is beneath you..

      Overall, I can see the Tea Party having a positive impact and negative. In this case, it sounds like the repubs were bull headed and went with a person no one liked and it burnt them. Libs may like this, but in some cases the Tea Party is all about waking up the Repub party and getting them back in line for what they stand for.. So hopefully they will take this lesson and learn from it...
      I'll stop calling them tea baggers when the organization's official representatives ask me to stop using that phrase... wait, there is no official organization? It is just a disparate group of people for whom the movement means a variety of different things? Some members of that group might actually like to be called 'tea baggers?' Ok, I'll keep calling them tea baggers. If any individual tea bagger asks me to stop calling him or her a tea bagger, I will happily oblige.

      Comment

      • dabrockster
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2009
        • 10950

        #33
        Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
        I'll stop calling them tea baggers when the organization's official representatives ask me to stop using that phrase... wait, there is no official organization? It is just a disparate group of people for whom the movement means a variety of different things? Some members of that group might actually like to be called 'tea baggers?' Ok, I'll keep calling them tea baggers. If any individual tea bagger asks me to stop calling him or her a tea bagger, I will happily oblige.


        YOU GO!!

        Sincerely,
        Janeane "Out of work" Garofalo




        By all means. Give me one person who has requested you call them that.. I dare you... But you can't.. But you keep giving that lame ass excuse to be an ass...

        Comment

        • Coach McGuirk
          1
          • Nov 2008
          • 12109

          #34
          Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
          YOU GO!!

          Sincerely,
          Janeane "Out of work" Garofalo




          By all means. Give me one person who has requested you call them that.. I dare you... But you can't.. But you keep giving that lame ass excuse to be an ass...

          Why is Tea Bagger so offensive? By definition they are dropping their satchels into peoples faces over and over again. That is the giving end.


          Now if one was to call you a Tea Baggie(ee), then I could see getting upset. I don't want shwetty balls in my face. That is the receiving end.

          [YOUTUBE]v/fCejKG3M6mw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" [/YOUTUBE].

          Comment

          • RobinFinderson
            Banned
            • Nov 2008
            • 10548

            #35
            Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
            YOU GO!!

            Sincerely,
            Janeane "Out of work" Garofalo




            By all means. Give me one person who has requested you call them that.. I dare you... But you can't.. But you keep giving that lame ass excuse to be an ass...
            I consider the original Tea Party to be a pretty sacred part of our country's history. Taxation without representation is something I can get behind. I'm not about to hand the name over to a bunch of whining yahoos, many of whom are willing to use or ignore the racist text and subtext of their (and fellow tea baggers') rhetoric. When the tea baggers earn the right to be called the Tea Party, I will call them that. That will require the formation of an actual party with a cohesive and respectable platform that is created by some democratic process. At that point, if the group were to request a respectable title, I would oblige. Until that point, what gives you or anyone else the right to authoritatively define how to properly refer to the tea baggers? They sent tea bags to the White House. Sending a tea bag can be accurately described as tea bagging. Calling them tea baggers is an accurate description that has been used by Fox media as well as many of the tea baggers themselves.
            Last edited by RobinFinderson; 06-09-2010, 12:41 PM.

            Comment

            • RobinFinderson
              Banned
              • Nov 2008
              • 10548

              #36
              Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
              By all means. Give me one person who has requested you call them that.. I dare you... But you can't.. But you keep giving that lame ass excuse to be an ass...
              OK. Now I'm a tea bagger. As an official member of the tea bagger movement (as official as this gets) I would like to officially declare my preference that I and all members of the tea bagger/tea party movement be referred to as 'tea baggers' (all lower case). My qualifications to be a tea bagger are thus: 1. I believe that there should be no taxation without representation. 2. I think that poor people pay too much tax, and I would like to see their tax burden decreased. 3. We should end the expensive wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, since they are contributing too much to the national debt without any clear purpose.

              So now that an official tea bagger has claimed the preference to be collectively called 'tea baggers,' that should give make everyone here perfectly comfortable with that title.

              'brockster, are you at 'tea bagger' like me? Because if you are not a tea bagger, I would prefer that you stop looking out for my and my fellow tea baggers' interests. We don't need your help.

              Comment

              • dabrockster
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2009
                • 10950

                #37
                Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                OK. Now I'm a tea bagger. As an official member of the tea bagger movement (as official as this gets) I would like to officially declare my preference that I and all members of the tea bagger/tea party movement be referred to as 'tea baggers' (all lower case). My qualifications to be a tea bagger are thus: 1. I believe that there should be no taxation without representation. 2. I think that poor people pay too much tax, and I would like to see their tax burden decreased. 3. We should end the expensive wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, since they are contributing too much to the national debt without any clear purpose.

                So now that an official tea bagger has claimed the preference to be collectively called 'tea baggers,' that should give make everyone here perfectly comfortable with that title.

                'brockster, are you at 'tea bagger' like me? Because if you are not a tea bagger, I would prefer that you stop looking out for my and my fellow tea baggers' interests. We don't need your help.

                I am confused. First, the Tea Party is sacred to you and now you are claiming to be a Tea Party member. I guess it wasn't that sacred..

                I did get a chuckle though. I can get behind your first stance, but not so much on the others.. Cut, cuts, cuts cuts and than, slice more of the budget.. I think this would help the taxes we are going to fill because they will stop requesting more money if they would stop spending their.. Errr... "OUR" Credit Card. We should remove what will soon to be (In the next few years) the BIGGEST expansion of govt.. the healthcare bill.. You talk about expensive wars, but after Obamacare goes into play you will see first hand what is the largest part of every state buget.. Medicaid.. yep, the Federal Govt just ensured that each states Medicaid budget coverage will expand and each "they" (State) will have to cover their own match (More money they don't have), and than Obama is going to write a big check that will dwarf Iraq and Afghan.. So I will tackle what I see as more expensive...



                From both our stances, you and I just defined the left Left leaning tea Party member and the Right leaning Tea Party member.. COOL..
                Last edited by dabrockster; 06-09-2010, 02:01 PM.

                Comment

                • RobinFinderson
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 10548

                  #38
                  Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                  From both our stances, you and I just defined the left Left leaning tea Party member and the Right leaning Tea Party member.. COOl..
                  As a fellow tea bagger, I accept your right to call yourself a Tea Party member so long as you accept my right to call us all tea baggers. Now lets go tea bag Obama!

                  Comment

                  • dabrockster
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2009
                    • 10950

                    #39
                    Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                    As a fellow tea bagger, I accept your right to call yourself a Tea Party member so long as you accept my right to call us all tea baggers. Now lets go tea bag Obama!
                    Already ahead of ya. I threw a tea Bag at him in Cleveland (Just Kidding)..

                    Robin.. Even though I was letting my red head temper start to flare. You seem to have some knack to diffusing it...

                    Comment

                    • Donuthole
                      Official Outgayer
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 25268

                      #40
                      Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                      Taxation without representation is something I can get behind.
                      I always knew you were a commie bastard, but geez.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                      There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                      Comment

                      • faith
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2009
                        • 109

                        #41
                        Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                        OK. Now I'm a tea bagger.

                        Wow. This is news to me.

                        Comment

                        • RobinFinderson
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 10548

                          #42
                          Originally posted by faith View Post
                          Wow. This is news to me.
                          Yes sweetheart. I'm a tea bagger now, but I'm still going to have to gain fifty pounds and stop trimming my pubes if I really want to fit in.

                          Comment

                          • dabrockster
                            Senior Member
                            • Aug 2009
                            • 10950

                            #43
                            Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                            Angle will have a tough time getting support from moderates in Nevada. She's a fringe Republican who, among other kooky views, wishes prohibition were still in place, and has advocated Scientology drug rehab for prison inmates. Reid's advertising committee will go to town on her views.
                            Rasmussen Poll show Angel with an 11 point lead..

                            Link:
                            Despite President Obama’s weekend visit to the state to boost the candidacy of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, Republican Sharron Angle remains slightly ahead in Nevada’s U.S. Senate race - for the fourth survey in a row.




                            Interesting.. IFrom the article it says 58% of Nevadans oppose Obamacare (Which Reid pushed through) is what may push her to the win come November
                            Last edited by dabrockster; 06-10-2010, 11:56 AM.

                            Comment

                            • dabrockster
                              Senior Member
                              • Aug 2009
                              • 10950

                              #44
                              LOOK OUT Portman!!!

                              Soon to be Senator Rob Portman broke his collar bone this past weekend in Jackson Hole..

                              Comment

                              • dabrockster
                                Senior Member
                                • Aug 2009
                                • 10950

                                #45
                                Strickland calls GOP "UnAmerican"..

                                Looks like things have gotten dirty from Strickland...



                                [YOUTUBE]FUQjqILJyLM&feature=pyv&ad=6004009528&kw=stricklan d[/YOUTUBE]

                                Comment

                                Working...