Utah Man dies in cave upside down.. (St. George Area)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • LiveCoug
    LA Ute loves me
    • Nov 2008
    • 18488

    #31
    I have been through the birth canal. I hated it. I don't know why I did it.

    Scares me just thinking about it.

    Comment

    • bluegoose
      7th round draft pick
      • Nov 2008
      • 4121

      #32
      That was a very tough story to read. It makes me sick just to think about it. God bless his poor family and those volunteer rescuers.

      Comment

      • Coach McGuirk
        1
        • Nov 2008
        • 12109

        #33
        I tried to read it. I really did. I got to the description of the downward facing tunnel and him thinking it opened up to turn around. I just want to scream "Don't do it!"

        I can't read anymore.

        Comment

        • Green Monstah
          Royal Rooter
          • Aug 2010
          • 13955

          #34
          I got anxiety just reading everyone's responses. Tragic. I am a barrel-chested man, and I once got stuck between two rocks on a scouting trip (on South Mountain in Phoenix, there are two big rocks with a little space between and kids like to walk between them). It was about 90 seconds of hell while I couldn't push through and couldn't get out. Luckily I was able to exhale deeply and squirm out the way I came.
          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

          "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

          Comment

          • dabrockster
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2009
            • 10947

            #35
            I have never considered myself claustrophobic, but imagining myself stuck in a hole like this makes my heart race.. I have never done any caving and will not after reading this..
            Last edited by dabrockster; 08-24-2010, 09:00 AM.

            Comment

            • FN Phat
              I ♥ gateway sex
              • Feb 2009
              • 8691

              #36
              Very heart-wrenching story. I can't imagine being in a situation like that. The thoughts that must run through your mind...
              I'm your huckleberry.


              "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

              Comment

              • SeattleUte
                Faith crisis consultant
                • Nov 2008
                • 20837

                #37
                Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                I have never considered myself claustrophobic, but imagining myself stuck in a hole like this makes my heart race.. I have never done any caving and will not after reading this..
                No need to swear off caving, but I have a few rules of thumb. I prefer caves in which I can remain erect. If slithering is the only means of locomotion, don't go there. Clearly defined ingress and egrees is mandatory. I prefer some cool attraction, like catacombs, stalagtites and stalagmites, or something resembling that very evocative lake in the opening of The Road.

                It's hard to imagine the lure or objective here.
                When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                --Jonathan Swift

                Comment

                Working...