The RATT Challenge

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Pheidippides
    Liberal Feminazi
    • Nov 2008
    • 14759

    #1

    The RATT Challenge

    Since I've seen this request a few times on the board now (and since I've made it myself), here's the link to the spreadsheet for The RATT Challenge. I have no problems using this thread to log our entries for the challenge, if one of the nice mod people will make this a sticky.

    Make Your Entries Here
    Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.
  • Jeff Lebowski
    Corporate lackey for Jesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 69718

    #2
    Originally posted by nikuman View Post
    Since I've seen this request a few times on the board now (and since I've made it myself), here's the link to the spreadsheet for The RATT Challenge. I have no problems using this thread to log our entries for the challenge, if one of the nice mod people will make this a sticky.

    Make Your Entries Here

    I am not one of the nice mods, but I did it anyway.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

    Comment

    • Pheidippides
      Liberal Feminazi
      • Nov 2008
      • 14759

      #3
      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      I am not one of the nice mods, but I did it anyway.
      You sell yourself short, Dude.

      I ran 8 this morning. SHW ran 2.5, so Team Meat Bun accounts for 10.5 today. SHW will have to make her own claims now. Proof available on request, as always.
      Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

      Comment

      • Jeff Lebowski
        Corporate lackey for Jesus
        • Nov 2008
        • 69718

        #4
        Wait a minute. Isn't this still a "distance challenge"? Why not keep that other thread going? It's our only hope of ever catching that satanic Lakers thread.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

        Comment

        • TripletDaddy
          sweet triple
          • Nov 2008
          • 58186

          #5
          Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          Wait a minute. Isn't this still a "distance challenge"? Why not keep that other thread going? It's our only hope of ever doing something as impactful as catching that satanic Lakers thread, but it is going to take about 40 of us working together posting nothing but daily run totals to take one guy down.
          The legend grows......
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

          sigpic

          Comment

          • Jarid in Cedar
            CS Institutional Memory
            • Jun 2009
            • 13234

            #6
            Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Wait a minute. Isn't this still a "distance challenge"? Why not keep that other thread going? It's our only hope of ever catching that satanic Lakers thread.
            Agreed. the $200 still stands.
            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

            "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

            "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

            -Rick Majerus

            Comment

            • PaloAltoCougar
              Semper infra dignitatem
              • Nov 2008
              • 16938

              #7
              Crap, SteelBlue Archaea is kicking bluegoose Archaea's butt.

              Comment

              • marsupial
                Mississippi Queen
                • Nov 2008
                • 3678

                #8
                Forgive me, this is probably somewhere but I have questions:

                1. Are we counting minutes on machines and miles everywhere else?
                2. Spin class and treadmills are counted as cycling and running or machine minutes?
                3. Spin class should be road, mountain or trail cycling?
                What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                -Teenage Dirtbag

                Comment

                • ERCougar
                  Junior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 10978

                  #9
                  Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                  Crap, SteelBlue Archaea is kicking bluegoose Archaea's butt.
                  Not complaining about things as they stand now, but Arch can singlehandedly make us all irrelevant. His choice of activities is going to determine the winner.
                  At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                  -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

                  Comment

                  • Babs
                    Not a Lawyer
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 17128

                    #10
                    Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                    Not complaining about things as they stand now, but Arch can singlehandedly make us all irrelevant. His choice of activities is going to determine the winner.
                    Not that you're bitter.

                    I bet he's not above bribery. You might consider offering money, cute women, or really nice bicycle accessories.

                    Comment

                    • Eddie
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2009
                      • 8098

                      #11
                      So is this the official spot to report miles or is the other distance challenge thread?

                      7.75 mile run this morning.

                      Comment

                      • ERCougar
                        Junior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 10978

                        #12
                        15 mile road ride today. Felt good, considering no sleep for 30 hours.
                        At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                        -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

                        Comment

                        • ERCougar
                          Junior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 10978

                          #13
                          Originally posted by Babs View Post
                          Not that you're bitter.
                          Yes, the runners' victory over the increasingly touchy, yet accusatory, cyclists was a bitter, bitter pill...
                          At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                          -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

                          Comment

                          • Sea Chicken
                            Junior Member
                            • Apr 2009
                            • 304

                            #14
                            I did 15 miles yesterday. Now I'm tapering. In a couple of weeks I'll be recovering. Sorry team.

                            Comment

                            • RobinFinderson
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 10548

                              #15
                              I rode my mountain bike to work today - 9.8 miles. I still have to ride it back home again. I will probably add .4 miles to the end to make it an even 20... or maybe 21. We'll see if I have anything left in me to do a run later tonight. The 9.8 miles had me sweating pretty hard, but not winded. My students had a sweaty teacher, and the ones that showed up on time got to see me in a tank top.

                              Comment

                              Working...