Proposal for a new mileage challenge

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • wuapinmon
    Soul Plumber
    • Dec 2008
    • 30711

    #121
    I'm in if yall'll count walking. I haven't run since the 80's, and I won't get my YMCA membership until mid-September. I walk quite a bit even with the heel spur, and when I get in the pool, I'm sure I'll be doing some pool walking along with swimming.

    If not, have fun.
    "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
    The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

    Comment

    • Rosebud
      sledgirl
      • Jun 2009
      • 1363

      #122
      Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
      I'm in if yall'll count walking. I haven't run since the 80's, and I won't get my YMCA membership until mid-September. I walk quite a bit even with the heel spur, and when I get in the pool, I'm sure I'll be doing some pool walking along with swimming.

      If not, have fun.
      I count walking on my team.... you're my first pick. If someone is generous enough to sponsor cripples we'll raise some money for charity.

      Comment

      • Pheidippides
        Liberal Feminazi
        • Nov 2008
        • 14759

        #123
        Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
        I'm in if yall'll count walking. I haven't run since the 80's, and I won't get my YMCA membership until mid-September. I walk quite a bit even with the heel spur, and when I get in the pool, I'm sure I'll be doing some pool walking along with swimming.

        If not, have fun.
        Happyone can correct me here, but I believe that he's been walking as well as jogging - and he's one of the superstars on the team.
        Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

        Comment

        • beelzebabette
          Golf & Cubs Disrespecter
          • Nov 2008
          • 2907

          #124
          Originally posted by nikuman View Post
          Happyone can correct me here, but I believe that he's been walking as well as jogging - and he's one of the superstars on the team.
          Yes. DrumnFeather as well. Walking miles have counted on the previous/current challenge.

          Comment

          • PaloAltoCougar
            Semper infra dignitatem
            • Nov 2008
            • 16938

            #125
            Originally posted by beelzebabette View Post
            Walking miles have counted on the previous/current challenge.
            Nuts. I wish I'd taken a pedometer to Florida. With Bataan death marches at Animal Kingdom, EPCOT, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Sea World and Magic Kingdom, not to mention two rounds of golf, Mrs. PAC and I would have put a serious dent in the Runners' lead. But we're back so we can start chipping away again this week.

            Comment

            • beelzebabette
              Golf & Cubs Disrespecter
              • Nov 2008
              • 2907

              #126
              Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
              Nuts. I wish I'd taken a pedometer to Florida. With Bataan death marches at Animal Kingdom, EPCOT, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Sea World and Magic Kingdom, not to mention two rounds of golf, Mrs. PAC and I would have put a serious dent in the Runners' lead. But we're back so we can start chipping away again this week.
              No, you're good. We instituted what I've termed the VV-caveat that walking had to be done in increments of at least fifteen minutes consecutive so golfing and walking between amusement park rides would not have counted. It was just intended to not penalize those who weren't able to run without fear of injury.

              Comment

              • PaloAltoCougar
                Semper infra dignitatem
                • Nov 2008
                • 16938

                #127
                Originally posted by beelzebabette View Post
                No, you're good. We instituted what I've termed the VV-caveat that walking had to be done in increments of at least fifteen minutes consecutive so golfing and walking between amusement park rides would not have counted. It was just intended to not penalize those who weren't able to run without fear of injury.
                I think that's a good rule. I should receive no credit for all the walking last week; my reward consists of the love and admiration of my progeny for being able to withstand 54 inverts on the various roller coasters.

                Comment

                • faith
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 109

                  #128
                  I was extremely moved by the story that Teenage Dirtbag shared. I definitely want to participate in this challenge. Once school begins, I won't have as much time, but I will contribute whatever I can. It always helps me to run with a purpose, and I would love to be involved in a worthwhile cause.

                  Comment

                  Working...