Post your diet and workout plans here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
    I've fallen so far off the wagon. Haven't worked out in almost a month. Sleeping six hours a night. Comfort eating. Basically trying to destroy my body as fast as I can.
    Sorry, Jay. Maybe you are like me in that spring will help to get you back on track.

My wife started overeating about 3 years ago and just quit taking care of herself. We have tried just about everything from meds to diet but last month it reached a point that she decided she needed help so next week we're flying to Mexico for gastric surgery for her (1/3 of the cost as our insurance won't cover it).

Good luck!
    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• After my knee replacement I lost a quick 5 lbs just because I didn't feel like eating. Once my appetite came back I couldn't get enough food in me and gained 10lb over the holidays. It didn't help that I couldn't work out during this time. Since the first of the year I've taken off 9 of those ten pounds. Just cutting down on the amount I was eating and being able to work out has done it. I did 7 miles on my skis Saturday and 7.5 on Sunday, it felt good to just be tired and not hurt by the time I was done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
        Sorry, Jay. Maybe you are like me in that spring will help to get you back on track.

My wife started overeating about 3 years ago and just quit taking care of herself. We have tried just about everything from meds to diet but last month it reached a point that she decided she needed help so next week we're flying to Mexico for gastric surgery for her (1/3 of the cost as our insurance won't cover it).

Good luck!
        This sounds very dangerous.
        *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
          This sounds very dangerous.
          We're not having it done in a shit hole like Utah Valley.
          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Good luck!

There are times in life where you don't want to always go with the low bidder. This is one of those cases.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

There are times in life where you don't want to always go with the low bidder. This is one of those cases.

We're probably just going to have one of the fruit vendors on the highway do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                That's why I never understand these strange diets. A friend was doing that paleo stuff because he wanted to lose weight. He's explaining this laundry list of all the crap he can and can't eat, and I said "just eat fewer calories." He was pretty convinced on this thing though.
                Of course it's just calories in minus calories out that will determine weightloss. But some people (me) don't have the discipline to count calories. Whole 30 helped me because I didn't need to strictly count calories because the stuff I was allowed to eat filled me up and wouldn't put me in a positive calorie position for the day...especially when coupled with exercise. I have no illusion that Whole 30 is a permanent lifestyle change for me. I've already gone back to normal foods. But maintaining is far easier than losing obviously.

Comment

We're probably just going to have one of the fruit vendors on the highway do it.
                  if the surgeon offers to make you a deal on some ponchos or a bob marley blanket, make sure that you bargain with him.
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Hey I got me a good root canal in Mexico. Believe me, it was a mere fraction of what I would have paid at a regular dentist's office.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                      if the surgeon offers to make you a deal on some ponchos or a bob marley blanket, make sure that you bargain with him.
                      Man, I got the coolest poncho at Teotihuacan. I still have it. I think I paid $4. I especially loved the guy who sold it to me. Kept calling to me "eh gordo, ven pa' ca". I couldn't resist.

Comment

http://www.sasseguide.com/blog/what-...atric-surgery/

Good luck.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

I heard St. John's wart helps with post-op infections.

Comment

I heard St. John's wart helps with post-op infections.
                            I am being completely sincere. I have relatives with horror stories about cut-rate Mexican surgery, but I imagine there are plenty of success cases. I hope everything goes well for your wife.

Comment

I am being completely sincere. I have relatives with horror stories about cut-rate Mexican surgery, but I imagine there are plenty of success cases. I hope everything goes well for your wife.
                              Hard to tell most of the time. Your sincerity is noted.

Comment

• One more article:

http://www.drsharma.ca/obesity-risks...c-surgery.html

The bottom line is that while medical tourism may work great for some health problems, bariatric surgery is probably not one of them.
                                Yikes.

Comment

Working...
                                X