Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
    Chia muncher.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
      Chia muncher.
      more of a chia gnawer.
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• profile pic of someone on MyFitnessPal. The toilet is amusing.
        bc4c297958f068deb135a8e6e239c8e7901c.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
          Still haven't checked off 190 x 3 x 5 on bench. My best weigh in was 191 and 14.7 on the Omron. That's the same as three weeks ago. Switching up my diet a little to go more carbs. I dropped another notch on my belt over the past three weeks, but weight is the same, so I'm thinking I've maybe dropped a couple more lbs of fat, but it's not showing due to water. And I'm not sure about the Omron, hoping it's also not accurate due to water weight fluctuations.
          Went back and checked this to compare where I'm at now. Ouch. I let things go really bad for almost six months. Then, a couple months ago, I realized I was going to be taking my shirt off at an extended family Bear Lake trip in August and decided to get to work. I've hit it really hard for two months. I thought I was starting to look good again. I can start to see ab definition again, but i'm 194 and 16.4 on my Omron scale, which sucks compared to what I was last year.

I'm not doing the carb cycling. I'm going hard core low calorie every day right now. I changed about a week ago to incorporate some Crossfit principles, mainly lack of rest between reps and shorter workouts. I've been doing 30 sets per workout, every minute on the minute. Chest-shoulder-tri's, back-bi-ab's, legs. One day for each. I really like this, at least for short term cutting. I can get in and out of the gym fast, and I think I'm giving myself a good chance to burn calories in the gym while preserving/adding muscle.

Comment

• What is Omron? I was doing pretty well lifting, for me at least. I was trying to do your pass off system on bench of 3 sets at 5 reps. I was up to 185 (probably started at about 145 -- hadn't lifted regularly since probably college) earlier in the year and improving all my lifts, but I was spending more time lifting than running during those months when it's harder to get outside. Since early summer I'm back to running more than lifting and losing ground fast. Picked up a little good weight while I was lifting more, but now probably in the high 160's right now.
            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
              What is Omron? I was doing pretty well lifting, for me at least. I was trying to do your pass off system on bench of 3 sets at 5 reps. I was up to 185 (probably started at about 145 -- hadn't lifted regularly since probably college) earlier in the year and improving all my lifts, but I was spending more time lifting than running during those months when it's harder to get outside. Since early summer I'm back to running more than lifting and losing ground fast. Picked up a little good weight while I was lifting more, but now probably in the high 160's right now.
              Body fat calculator.

http://www.amazon.com/Omron-Monitor-.../dp/B000FYZMYK

At my worst, seven years ago I was about 30% body fat at 225 lbs. The lowest I've been, per the Omron, is 13.3% when I got down to 184 a few years ago. I think my body wants to be about 18%, because if I'm not consciously working hard at it, I'll float back up to 18%. And I find about 14-15% is when it gets hard to go any lower.

Comment

• Oh, I see. DDD made fun of me for using one of those.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                  At my worst, seven years ago I was about 30% body fat at 225 lbs. The lowest I've been, per the Omron, is 13.3% when I got down to 184 a few years ago. I think my body wants to be about 18%, because if I'm not consciously working hard at it, I'll float back up to 18%. And I find about 14-15% is when it gets hard to go any lower.
                  When do you find that you stop menstruating?

Comment

Oh, I see. DDD made fun of me for using one of those.
                    KatyLied just did, too! ROASTED!!!!
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                      When do you find that you stop menstruating?
                      lol, I deserved it.

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        KatyLied just did, too! ROASTED!!!!
                        I'm glad Jay has a sense of humor. That was one of Katy's best burns ever.

Comment

I'm glad Jay has a sense of humor. That was one of Katy's best burns ever.
                          KL getting spicy. I like it.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• So...I'm trying to design a strength program to supplement my running/cycling. I figure I have two days of 30-60 minutes a week to devote. Would you recommend a whole body circuit each day, or half the body one day and half the other and do a more traditional 3 sets each exercise kind of thing?

Edit: I guess I should say, I'm not really looking to bulk up (although I guess I'm not against it)--just functional strength. I've been doing some stuff for a few months, and I made some gains, but it was just taking too long (40 minutes, 5 days a week), with lots of waiting between sets. I'm running more, so I need to condense it down. Couldn't i just go through a whole body circuit three times? Is there a problem with waiting that much time (to complete the circuit) between sets?
                            Last edited by ERCougar; 08-16-2014, 01:52 PM.
                            At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                            -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

• Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                              So...I'm trying to design a strength program to supplement my running/cycling. I figure I have two days of 30-60 minutes a week to devote. Would you recommend a whole body circuit each day, or half the body one day and half the other and do a more traditional 3 sets each exercise kind of thing?

Edit: I guess I should say, I'm not really looking to bulk up (although I guess I'm not against it)--just functional strength. I've been doing some stuff for a few months, and I made some gains, but it was just taking too long (40 minutes, 5 days a week), with lots of waiting between sets. I'm running more, so I need to condense it down. Couldn't i just go through a whole body circuit three times? Is there a problem with waiting that much time (to complete the circuit) between sets?
                              If you only plan on devoting 30-60 minutes for two days a week, anything but a full body circuit would be a waste IMO. You're not going to see much in gains from that.
                              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                                If you only plan on devoting 30-60 minutes for two days a week, anything but a full body circuit would be a waste IMO. You're not going to see much in gains from that.
                                Thanks.
                                Yeah, I realize I won't gain much, but I just don't want to lose any, and I want to get the most out of my time. I have a marathon I've already registered and paid for next May and so I really need to up my running. After that, I'll re evaluate. I was feeling good with the strength stuff, but I lost a lot of fitness.
                                At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                                -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Working...
                                X