The Golf Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post

I think I could retire to South or North Carolina just for the golf.
    My plan is to get a place close to the North/south carolina border and there are 90-100 within 45 minutes plus you are right next to ocean.
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

• Originally posted by Mormon Red Death View Post

I'm not a member. Here most of the courses are semi private and on weekdays you can play 18 for $30
      How much for just 12?
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• https://strava.app.link/6vgr21ibZsb

Nobody in front of me, walking and carrying, 1 over 37, 1 hour 25 seconds. I was curious what I could do it in, I didn’t rush anything but I did keep after it.

Comment

https://strava.app.link/6vgr21ibZsb

Nobody in front of me, walking and carrying, 1 over 37, 1 hour 25 seconds. I was curious what I could do it in, I didn’t rush anything but I did keep after it.
          I once played 18 on an empty course with a cart in 1:55 - wasn't trying to play fast - just playing 18 at six in the morning.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
          -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Everyone posting their times instead of their scores.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
              Everyone posting their times instead of their scores.
              Except for me
              "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

• https://www.yahoo.com/news/irishman-...165403396.html

Something to shot for, 18 holes in 34 minutes and 47 seconds and shooting a 75.

Comment

https://www.yahoo.com/news/irishman-...165403396.html

Something to shot for, 18 holes in 34 minutes and 47 seconds and shooting a 75.
                  Speed Golf: a sport for men whose wives don't like them playing golf.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Shot a 101 at http://www.silercitycountryclub.com/ today. 2 hours and 40 minutes and I was taking my time trying to slow down to hit. Only 37 putts

My best shot of the day was putting this 5 feet from the pin

Comment

• One of my very favorite things is playing a solo round of golf on a weekday afternoon on a deserted course. Nice pic, nice shot, nice shooting.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I've backed off of my bike riding and have been playing more golf this year, 59 9 hole rounds and 6 18 hole rounds so far but the year is just about over. This fall has been just beautiful for golf. My short game still sucks but I'm starting to hit the ball good again, it's going to be a long winter.

Comment

• Since he has been too humble to post about it himself. I will brag for a fellow CSer. Played at Sand Hollow the day before the St. G marathon with someone who drove up from Vegas. He has always had a great short game. That day he also had his driver working for him. He shot a 73, with his opening tee shot being stuck in a bush, requiring a drop and stroke. It was fun to watch. Though I'm getting a little tired of losing money to wealthy Vegas attorneys. I legit can't recall the last time I beat him straight up. He kicked my ass at Waverley Country Club in Portland 2 weeks before that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                            Since he has been too humble to post about it himself. I will brag for a fellow CSer. Played at Sand Hollow the day before the St. G marathon with someone who drove up from Vegas. He has always had a great short game. That day he also had his driver working for him. He shot a 73, with his opening tee shot being stuck in a bush, requiring a drop and stroke. It was fun to watch. Though I'm getting a little tired of losing money to wealthy Vegas attorneys. I legit can't recall the last time I beat him straight up. He kicked my ass at Waverley Country Club in Portland 2 weeks before that.
                            strangegame.png?w=1550.png

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• I played TPC Summerlin yesterday, two days after the Shriner's PGA tour event. We decided to play from the tips to get the full experience. 7300 yards of experience, to be more precise.

I am not a long driver of the ball even when I am hitting it well. But when my driver is off, that means a lot of 220-230 yard weak flares. Which, on a 7300 yard course, means a lot of 4 iron and 18* hybrids into par 4s. After a solid front (41), i completely lost my driver swing for about 5 holes. A couple doubles and a few bogeys later, I got things working again on the short Par 4 15th, and notched back to back pars at 15 and 16. Water ball and an up and down netted a bogey on 17. 18 was playing 440 from the tips., and bends to the left. I hit a pretty solid drive but my natural fade meant it was working away from the green. It rolled through the fairway and left me 210 into the green. I nutted a 2 hybrid to 10 feet and ended with a birdie, and an 86 on tour conditions. Really wish the driver had been working like it has recently, as I think I could've realistically broken 80. Also, greens rolling 11.5-12 I think is easier than slow greens. I thought lag putting was quite easy on those green (my two three-putts notwithstanding).
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                                Since he has been too humble to post about it himself. I will brag for a fellow CSer. Played at Sand Hollow the day before the St. G marathon with someone who drove up from Vegas. He has always had a great short game. That day he also had his driver working for him. He shot a 73, with his opening tee shot being stuck in a bush, requiring a drop and stroke. It was fun to watch. Though I'm getting a little tired of losing money to wealthy Vegas attorneys. I legit can't recall the last time I beat him straight up. He kicked my ass at Waverley Country Club in Portland 2 weeks before that.
                                What's the connection to Waverly? How did you get on? I played there twice in Pro Ams, and my son caddied there two summers. It's also where I walked the course with my son and saw Tiger win his 3rd Us Am Junior - with Thurston Howell III taking 2nd.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                                -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Working...
                                X