The Golf Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    Easiest is Logan Country Club. The best is the one in Smithfield. Logan river is a dump--tons of flooding issues. Don't even bother with it.
    Agree on the Logan River. It is too bad, but they really only had 9 holes worth of good terrain to work with in order to make it a really good course.

I haven't play Smithfield since it first opened. They must have made some nice improvements if it is better than Logan CC.

I am looking forward to playing with you again. When we played, that started my game going in the shitter. I don't know if I was trying to impress you or keep up with you on the drives, but something happened. It also was when my sciatic starting giving me problems.

Playing with you again may start the trend the other way. I have grown a lot maturity wise since then and won't be out to impress you.

Comment

• Shot a 103 at Sunbrook (wood bridge and black rock). Really, really struggled the first 9. On the positive Sunbrook is now only $40 for 18 and a cart and that is a steal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
        Shot a 103 at Sunbrook (wood bridge and black rock). Really, really struggled the first 9. On the positive Sunbrook is now only $40 for 18 and a cart and that is a steal.
        Love Woodbridge and the Pointe. I am not a fan of Black Rock.

Comment

• I have to share that I shot a 91 at Badlands Las Vegas. This is an incredible feet for me. I have been able to get better every year. (By 1-2 strokes) I was a +20 handicap and I am now down to 16. If I can just be consistant with my Driver I think I can get down to the 80's BTW I shot a 41 on the front nine. (Outlaw) 49 on the back. (Desperado)

I had custom clubs made and it has made a world of difference.
          ( FYI I most likely wrote that incoherently and will be properly corrected forthwith. Thanks)

Comment

• Originally posted by Y84it View Post
            I have to share that I shot a 91 at Badlands Las Vegas. This is an incredible feet for me. I have been able to get better every year. (By 1-2 strokes) I was a +20 handicap and I am now down to 16. If I can just be consistant with my Driver I think I can get down to the 80's BTW I shot a 41 on the front nine. (Outlaw) 49 on the back. (Desperado)

I had custom clubs made and it has made a world of difference.
            Wow. I shot a 91 there just last Saturday. 42 (outlaw) 49 (diablo). I was sitting at 3 over on hole #9 of outlaw, with a perfect 300 yard drive to the edge of the water. I made the mistake of thinking "hey, if I can birdie this, I'll be ahead of pace to break 80." I was hitting 5 iron into the green (par 5). I chunked into the water, dropped, and then shanked straight right. After a wedge over the green and a 2 putt, I took a 42 on the front. I battled the shanks for the next three holes before settling down. Still, it is always disappointing to finish so poorly after a stellar first 8 holes.
            Last edited by Donuthole; 06-08-2012, 09:36 AM.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
              Love Woodbridge and the Pointe. I am not a fan of Black Rock.
              I really like Woodbridge except the hole with the bridge kicks my ass everytime I play it.

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                I really like Woodbridge except the hole with the bridge kicks my ass everytime I play it.
                Agree, trouble to the right, trouble to the left. Even if you hit a great drive down the middle it is still a long ways to the green. I think I have parred it once.

The Island hole isn't that hard if you get up and hit it without thinking much.

Comment

Wow. I shot a 91 there just last Saturday. 42 (outlaw) 49 (diablo). I was sitting at 3 over on hole #9 of outlaw, with a perfect 300 yard drive to the edge of the water. I made the mistake of thinking "hey, if I can birdie this, I'll be ahead of pace to break 80." I was hitting 5 iron into the green (par 5). I chunked into the water, dropped, and then shanked straight right. After a wedge over the green and a 2 putt, I took a 42 on the front. I battled the shanks for the next three holes before settling down. Still, it is always disappointing to finish so poorly after a stellar first 8 holes.
                  Mr Donut! You won't believe who this is! You will probably call me a liar after you figure it out. However, tis true a 91! Two 20 ft putts for birdie helped! We should play together again however I don't get the freebie at Badlands anymore!
                  ( FYI I most likely wrote that incoherently and will be properly corrected forthwith. Thanks)

Comment

That hole number 9 Outlaw gets me thinking "go for the green" all the time! I have learned to lay up dispite how well I am Doing! Not worth it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Y84it View Post
                      Mr Donut! You won't believe who this is! You will probably call me a liar after you figure it out. However, tis true a 91! Two 20 ft putts for birdie helped! We should play together again however I don't get the freebie at Badlands anymore!
                      I knew exactly who you were when you signed up (Your old cb moniker was similar, plus the feet/feat homophonic error was a dead give away. Also, your math doesn't add up.) 91 is a big improvement. Nice round. You were always known to drop in a long birdie putt or two.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

I knew exactly who you were when you signed up (Your old cb moniker was similar, plus the feet/feat homophonic error was a dead give away. Also, your math doesn't add up.) 91 is a big improvement. Nice round. You were always known to drop in a long birdie putt or two.
                        Ahh yes my misspellings/homophonic errors on forums from the uneducated BYU fan. Truth is... I can't compete with a Lawyer who drive a beat up Fiesta. (Yet wipes the floor in court of those that drive 750 beemers!) You are way out of my league.

I do however have a hot wife So I have that going for me!

Comment

• My lessons have been going well but dismantling my crappy swing has made me even crappier. Fortunately things came together a bit Wednesday in my golf league and I finished with a net of 30 which earned me $38 for lowests net. I still suck but now I suck a little less.

Comment

• Friday June 8, 2012

42+37=79

0 birdies - 12 pars - 5 bogies - 1 triple bogie.

A joyous return to the very first place I ever played golf 40 years ago this summer. Hobble Creek. With my Dad, when i was 12. Love came full circle because I played with my 2 sons, on the advent of the oldest getting married tomorrow. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, my favorite thing in the world is playing golf with my boys. Playing the Blue Tees, all 3 of us shot 42 on the front. On the back, my oldest shot a 33, I shot a 37, and my other son shot a 44. The groom to be had three birdies on the back, with one bogie. My two bogies on the back came from 3 putts from around 25 feet which left me putting for par in vain. We teed off at 7:15am and it was a bit cold, we didn't get into a groove for a bit. I took a triple bogie on 4 when i hit the tree tops on the right, and landed in the creek. On in three, I then 3 putted. Dang. On 8 my two sons hit good shots, and I hit a drive that left me 85 from the green. I was digging the thin mountain air, and my usually good driving kept my in good scoring for most of the day.

Hobble Creek was in fantastic shape. The fairways were perfect, and the greens rolled true. The morning canyon wind was at our backs to begin, and in our face through 9. When the wind settled so did our game.

It was a perfect day.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                              Friday June 8, 2012

42+37=79

0 birdies - 12 pars - 5 bogies - 1 triple bogie.

A joyous return to the very first place I ever played golf 40 years ago this summer. Hobble Creek. With my Dad, when i was 12. Love came full circle because I played with my 2 sons, on the advent of the oldest getting married tomorrow. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, my favorite thing in the world is playing golf with my boys. Playing the Blue Tees, all 3 of us shot 42 on the front. On the back, my oldest shot a 33, I shot a 37, and my other son shot a 44. The groom to be had three birdies on the back, with one bogie. My two bogies on the back came from 3 putts from around 25 feet which left me putting for par in vain. We teed off at 7:15am and it was a bit cold, we didn't get into a groove for a bit. I took a triple bogie on 4 when i hit the tree tops on the right, and landed in the creek. On in three, I then 3 putted. Dang. On 8 my two sons hit good shots, and I hit a drive that left me 85 from the green. I was digging the thin mountain air, and my usually good driving kept my in good scoring for most of the day.

Hobble Creek was in fantastic shape. The fairways were perfect, and the greens rolled true. The morning canyon wind was at our backs to begin, and in our face through 9. When the wind settled so did our game.

It was a perfect day.

I just might put you on ignore.

I didn't shoot in the 70's today. More like a smooth 93. Even my partners 77 couldn't save us.

Comment

• First round with the new irons. They felt good. But I had trouble finding the fairway most of the day off the tee. Only one triple on the day but plenty of bogeys and doubles. They amounted to a 49 on the front and 45 on the back for a cool 94. I should have been in the 80s easily. Oh well.
                                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                                -Turtle
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X