Curbside Consult Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nikuman View Post
    What did you say to that? I presume it's a breach of medical ethics to punch him in the gonads?
    I was told that my community in residency had an active kkk membership. I never had to verify this because I always had thirty on my schedule and my African American colleagues were empty.

I heard some terrible stuff.

via a galaxy s3 far far away
    "Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"

"So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorcoug View Post
      I was told that my community in residency had an active kkk membership. I never had to verify this because I always had thirty on my schedule and my African American colleagues were empty.

I heard some terrible stuff.

I can verify this (not the doctor bs). I work with many people from the same area and town and I have all but been asked to a meeting. It is really sad how some people cannot progress with the rest of society.
      I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• Originally posted by nikuman View Post
        What did you say to that? I presume it's a breach of medical ethics to punch him in the gonads?
        Yeah, that would pretty much betray the non-violence espoused by the assassinated man that Monday's supposed to honor.
        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
          I can verify this (not the doctor bs). I work with many people from the same area and town and I have all but been asked to a meeting. It is really sad how some people cannot progress with the rest of society.
          My great-grandfather was a Klansman. There's progress. I have hope for the future.
          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Fecal Transplants

I've already said too much. They were talking about this on the radio.
            http://articles.latimes.com/2013/jan...plant-20130117

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
              Fecal Transplants

I've already said too much. They were talking about this on the radio.
              http://articles.latimes.com/2013/jan...plant-20130117
              Freakonomics had a podcast about transpoosions about a year and a half ago. Seemed like a real thing for parkinsons.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Tapatalk 2
              "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

• Apparently they pipe it into your intestine via a tube up your nose.

(OK ive really said too much)

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                  Apparently they pipe it into your intestine via a tube up your nose.

(OK ive really said too much)
                  Somewhere, TripletDaddy just vomited, and he's confused about why.

Comment

• Ruptured my achilles tendon playing basketball Thanksgiving weekend. Got the cast off last week and am starting to walk in a boot. I'm starting to look around for physical therapists. Any of the docs or anyone else have a recommendation for a physical therapist in the Utah County area?
                    "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
                    —Abraham Maslow

Comment

• Think about fecal transplants next time you feel like demanding an antibiotic from your doctor.
                      At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                      -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

• Originally posted by WashingtonCoug View Post
                        Ruptured my achilles tendon playing basketball Thanksgiving weekend. Got the cast off last week and am starting to walk in a boot. I'm starting to look around for physical therapists. Any of the docs or anyone else have a recommendation for a physical therapist in the Utah County area?
                        Which part of Utah County? I know some guys in the Alpine area, in Provo and in Spanish Fork. I thought they were all very good when I was living there 16 years ago and believe that they are all still there.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                          Which part of Utah County? I know some guys in the Alpine area, in Provo and in Spanish Fork. I thought they were all very good when I was living there 16 years ago and believe that they are all still there.
                          Check that - The guys I know are in Orem and Payson.

Comment

• Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                            Think about fecal transplants next time you feel like demanding an antibiotic from your doctor.
                            I have had a bunch of c dif in clinic. For some weird reason, the ED and hospital physicians are using cipro and flagyl to treat. It makes no sense, cipro is the worst for c dif.

I've set up one of them for a fecal Transplant. At first their response was ewww, as I outlined my vancomycin taper and prepared them for what might lay ahead. Then, after 6 weeks of diarrhea and a failed vanc taper, they are totally ready for anything.

"Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"

"So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorcoug View Post
                              I have had a bunch of c dif in clinic. For some weird reason, the ED and hospital physicians are using cipro and flagyl to treat. It makes no sense, cipro is the worst for c dif.

I've set up one of them for a fecal Transplant. At first their response was ewww, as I outlined my vancomycin taper and prepared them for what might lay ahead. Then, after 6 weeks of diarrhea and a failed vanc taper, they are totally ready for anything.

What about fluconazole?
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• If any of you need fecal transplants, I will volunteer to be your donor.
                                "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Working...
                                X