Stare at boobs for longer life: Study

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • hostile
    lollygagger
    • Dec 2009
    • 5736

    #16
    Originally posted by doctorcoug View Post
    Never done it.
    That's because all breast exams are necessary.

    "Don't worry ma'am, I am a doctor"
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

    "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

    Comment

    • BlueHair
      Boom Bitches!!!
      • Nov 2008
      • 2894

      #17
      Originally posted by Slim View Post
      I think most hospitals would require a female chaperon for a breast exam. I could be wrong though.
      My family doctor checks my nads every time I go in for any reason. One time I went in because I thought I had strep and I ended up with my pants down and his hands on my balls. To be fair, it had been a couple of years since I had a physical, but still.
      Just try it once. One beer or one cigarette or one porno movie won't hurt. - Dallin H. Oaks

      Comment

      • BlueHair
        Boom Bitches!!!
        • Nov 2008
        • 2894

        #18
        Originally posted by doctorcoug View Post
        Never done it.
        You're missing out. All the cool doctors are doing it.
        Just try it once. One beer or one cigarette or one porno movie won't hurt. - Dallin H. Oaks

        Comment

        • CardiacCoug
          вот так штука
          • Nov 2008
          • 11013

          #19
          Originally posted by doctorcoug View Post
          Oversimplified. You would agree that, per the AHA/ACC 2007 consensus guidelines on perioperative evaluation for non-cardiovascular surgery that a patient with known severe systolic dysfunction with greater than 5 functional metabolic equivalents (without active cardiac conditions) requiring urgent surgery does not need further invasive cardiac testing.
          The guidelines don't address the specific circumstances of an individual patient and I don't think very many cardiologists rely on these guidelines very much -- you have to individualize the guidelines for the specific patient.

          Whether or not that patient with decreased LV function needs further non-invasive or invasive work-up depends on:

          1. The type of surgery and its urgency. Granted, if the patient is going to die of appendicitis you just let the surgery happen and deal with the heart issues if/when the arise.
          2. Risk for obstructive coronary disease.
          3. The presence of regional wall motion abnormalities suggesting obstructive coronary artery disease.

          The people who write these guidelines rarely practice in the real world -- I encounter at least one patient with 90%+ left main stenosis pretty much every week. "I was just following the guidelines" doesn't cut it as an excuse if one of those patients dies in the OR during a surgery that could have waited for a full cardiac evaluation.

          Comment

          • wuapinmon
            Soul Plumber
            • Dec 2008
            • 30711

            #20
            Originally posted by BlueHair View Post
            You're missing out. All the cool doctors are doing it.
            You're right. I did one Friday night that was just freaking spectacular.
            "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
            The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

            Comment

            • doctorcoug
              To Win is to Honor Him
              • Jun 2009
              • 2273

              #21
              CardiacCoug:

              I find the guidelines quite refreshing. I use them every week when doing perioperative evaluations. 90% occlusion of left main would fall into the "active cardiac conditions", which is adressed by the guidelines.

              The statement, "apply the guidelines to the patient" is a wise statement. It implies that we look at the evidence and verify that our patient meets the inclusion and exclusion criteria of the studies. For patietd that meet these criteria, the guidelines are quite comprehensive.

              Stable severe LV systolic dysfunction with greater than 5 metabolic equivelants fits the criteria.
              "Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"

              "So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"

              Comment

              • UtahDan
                *
                • Nov 2008
                • 14496

                #22
                Goat is this your doing?

                Send your pics with BYU logos to BYUboobs@gmail.com We do not promote nudity #GoCougs All pics are anonymous

                Comment

                • kccougar
                  9262
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 7020

                  #23
                  Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                  Goat is this your doing?

                  https://twitter.com/BYUboobs
                  The funny thing is that the U and USU counterparts are upset that they are behind in the pic count to BYU fans.
                  "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

                  Comment

                  • Slim
                    Straight Out the Trailer
                    • Jul 2009
                    • 1007

                    #24
                    I just told the wife to go slip into some byu gear. She said no. Weird.

                    Comment

                    • Surfah
                      Where's Wallace?
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 33726

                      #25
                      Originally posted by Slim View Post
                      I just told the wife to go slip into some byu gear. She said no. Weird.
                      Gidget said no too.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • kccougar
                        9262
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 7020

                        #26
                        You guys are braver than I am. No way I'd even ask.
                        "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

                        Comment

                        • scottie
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 5247

                          #27
                          Is there a lot of red tape in starting a cancer preventative center?

                          Squeezing breasts could prevent cancer, study says.

                          EDIT: There is a somewhat not-safe-for-work pic in the link, but it's not bad.

                          Comment

                          • wuapinmon
                            Soul Plumber
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 30711

                            #28
                            This thread is not doing much to lengthen my life.
                            "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                            The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                            Comment

                            Working...