No announcement yet.

Steep and Deep: The Snow Skiing/Boarding Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swany makes a good glove. The pocket on the back is great in the kids gloves for putting in a hand warmer.
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• My hands usually get sweaty when I'm riding, so it's good to kick off the mittens on the lift w the wrist leashes. Luckily, I've never had a need for heated accessories, but I know that some folks with circulation issues get frozen feet. A boot with those inserts would be awesome.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• These are the boots I got:
        tecnica-ten-2-120-hvl-ski-boots-2014-red-black.jpg
        Technica Ten.2 120

Sports Den did the fitting and insoles. The shell had to be ground down near my pinky toe on both boots. They fit great.

Comment

• Getting everyone's gear checked and see what fits and who needs something new.

"You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• A lot of extreme skiing is not that impressive because they are just hoping from ski to ski, this is great because the guy just had to let them go.

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post

A lot of extreme skiing is not that impressive because they are just hoping from ski to ski, this is great because the guy just had to let them go.
              Holy cow!!! Couple of turns on the top to dump a bit of speed then a straight shot through the Death Star.
              Last edited by hostile; 12-11-2014, 11:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post

A lot of extreme skiing is not that impressive because they are just hoping from ski to ski, this is great because the guy just had to let them go.

Saw that on my FB feed today. That was insane..

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
                  Getting everyone's gear checked and see what fits and who needs something new.

nice bacons
                  Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    nice bacons
                    My 11yo daughter is psyched to be inheriting her older brother's skis this year. We are retiring the white Blizzard's this year. They have gone through 4 kids.

Comment

• This weather is, um, great. Looking like maybe not open for xmas break again this season, so I guess thank goodness for camping and multi-family housing.
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

Comment

• Looks like I'm going to Whistler for a long weekend this coming late winter.
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• I am jealous.
                          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by venkman View Post
                            Gotta love the 5th grade passport program [...]
                            5th and 6th grades... time to re-up.
                            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• We finally got our gear situation put to bed and my daughter and I went up for our first day at Brighton on Saturday. It was fun, but there is still a long way to go with the coverage.

At the end of last season, I bought a pair of Line Bacons. I just got some bindings and have been trying to decide whether to mount at Eric's recommended line or the factory recommended line. From what I have seen elsewhere, Eric's line gets more recommendations, but I thought I would ask here to see if I could be persuaded otherwise.

Also, I just bought some Jester Pros to put on the skis. Is there any reason I should send them back and get Look Pivots that I found for the same price? The shop guys I've talked to seem to be indifferent.
                              When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party. --Tuck Pendleton

Comment

• Originally posted by BrutusBuckeye View Post
                                We finally got our gear situation put to bed and my daughter and I went up for our first day at Brighton on Saturday. It was fun, but there is still a long way to go with the coverage.

At the end of last season, I bought a pair of Line Bacons. I just got some bindings and have been trying to decide whether to mount at Eric's recommended line or the factory recommended line. From what I have seen elsewhere, Eric's line gets more recommendations, but I thought I would ask here to see if I could be persuaded otherwise.

Also, I just bought some Jester Pros to put on the skis. Is there any reason I should send them back and get Look Pivots that I found for the same price? The shop guys I've talked to seem to be indifferent.
                                Do you weigh 900lbs? Why do you need a binding with n 18 DIN setting?

Comment

Working...
                                X