Steep and Deep: The Snow Skiing/Boarding Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Touch and go if we will be open Friday or not. Tomorrow is the day we need a little more snow #prayforsnow
    Tripledddddd and meeeeeee paid our tithing and we got the moisture we needed....but I figure I will pray anyway for you folks at Huduorwhateveryourmountainis.
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Touch and go if we will be open Friday or not. Tomorrow is the day we need a little more snow #prayforsnow
      can you please explain the allegedly funny joke reference above?
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
        can you please explain the allegedly funny joke reference above?
        I can't keep track of all the really funny things I say/type. This appears to be the only time I've posted about Johnny Tsunami on CUF/CS, http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...l=1#post973611

Although I was working at Brighton while it was being filmed. A wardrobe lady came into the lift shack on Great Western to ask mine and the other liftee's opinion about "What boarders really would wear?" and gave us two options.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

Comment

I can't keep track of all the really funny things I say/type. This appears to be the only time I've posted about Johnny Tsunami on CUF/CS, http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...l=1#post973611

Although I was working at Brighton while it was being filmed. A wardrobe lady came into the lift shack on Great Western to ask mine and the other liftee's opinion about "What boarders really would wear?" and gave us two options.
          Well don't make me google Johnny Tsunami to find out what he/they ended up wearing!
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Any of you Utah guys had boots fitted recently? I think I'm looking for a new boot fitter. I've heard good things about InKline but they aren't answering the phone. Also had a candidate tell me that custom footbeds will be an additional $250. Last time I had footbeds made they were about a Benjamin. Bummed me out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
              Any of you Utah guys had boots fitted recently? I think I'm looking for a new boot fitter. I've heard good things about InKline but they aren't answering the phone. Also had a candidate tell me that custom footbeds will be an additional $250. Last time I had footbeds made they were about a Benjamin. Bummed me out.
              Surefoot in PC. I've had a pair w/ custom footbeds for 7 years. Still fit great. The footbeds were around 200.
              "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
                Surefoot in PC. I've had a pair w/ custom footbeds for 7 years. Still fit great. The footbeds were around 200.
                If I lived in Utah this is where I would go.
                "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

I guess I don't get what old Gregg was talking about.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                    If I lived in Utah this is where I would go.
                    The only flaw with Surefoot is their boots cost double. Great stuff but you can get a great pair of fitted boots for much less.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                      The only flaw with Surefoot is their boots cost double. Great stuff but you can get a great pair of fitted boots for much less.
                      As I recall from when I bought mine they were selling Atomic, Lange, and Nordica. You bought the boots from them and then paid for a custom foam-injected liner. I wonder if you could buy the boots somewhere else and then have them do the liner?
                      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
                        As I recall from when I bought mine they were selling Atomic, Lange, and Nordica. You bought the boots from them and then paid for a custom foam-injected liner. I wonder if you could buy the boots somewhere else and then have them do the liner?
                        I'm sure you could. I may just buy what I think are the correct boots from another boot fitter at a much cheaper price and if I hate what's going on take them to Surefoot next season for new liners. I'm also going to forgo custom footbeds initially because I've found they aren't always necessary. I'll probably end up at Sports Den on Foothill. They have a great selection and decent boot fitting techs who can do all the necessary shaving and punching of the shell.

Comment

• Anybody tried these? Outdoor Research makes lucent heated gloves with 3 different heat settings, comes in gloves or mittens. Looks kind of cool.

http://www.outdoorresearch.com/en/ca...heated-gloves/

sigpic

Comment

• Another video that shows more of the glove and the tech

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              Anybody tried these? Outdoor Research makes lucent heated gloves with 3 different heat settings, comes in gloves or mittens. Looks kind of cool.

http://www.outdoorresearch.com/en/ca...heated-gloves/

I like OR stuff but I haven't tried these. For the last several years I have been using Hestra gloves for skiing. I'm not planning on switching anytime soon. Just picked up a pair of these.
                              https://hestragloves.com/sport/en-us...ve-finger/100/

Comment

• im currently using the Swany X-cell 2 and absolutely love them. Very cozy. I prefer gauntlets over mittens, although swany makes a mitten, too.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X