Home Project To-Do lists 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Project To-Do lists 2010

Now that we have this going, I thought it would be fun to start a thread that we could all post our little list of things we would like to work on, upgrade, or build in the house.

We can keep updating this list as we go along. With photos and everything I think this would be an extremely fun list.

So here is what I have on my to-do list:

Remove linoleum in Kitchen/Dining Room. (January 10)

Install new sinks and faucets in the house. (2 bathrooms, 1 kitchen. Just don't like them. The bathroom sinks are plastic.) (Spring 10)

Re-paint Kitchen (Spring 10) Will be easy with no flooring to cover. yay me.

Repaint all 3 bedrooms. (Fall 10) With the oldest going to college in September we are going to be making a few changes. Youngest will get the oldest kids room. Youngest kids room will be turned into an office/studio for the wife. I get my man cave. We will keep a twin bed and dresser in the new Office for when the kid isn't in school.

Build shelves in garage. (Fall 2010) We have gorilla racks in there now. Would like to make something a little more permanant.

Remove carpet in great room/hallways and install laminate flooring. (Fall/Winter 10)

This list here will basically put us into the position that we are hoping to be in for the future when it is time for us to move. Nice flooring, neutral paint colors, not super expensive.

Best part about it? I am going to do the work myself. I am finding new courage from my CUF brotherhood...

Redo the laundry room. I figure it's a good place to start because I can't screw it up to bad.

Comment

Redo front and back landscaping including trees, concrete, garden, and planters. Gonna be a fun spring.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post

Remove carpet in great room/hallways and install laminate flooring. (Fall/Winter 10)
        While I wouldn't think it based on her posting history, your wife must be more patient than mine. There is no way I could get away with bare floors for 8-10 months.
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Where to start? I've already redone the kitchen (stove gets delivered tomorrow) all the trim (baseboards, windows and doors) and repainted the whole house. I still have the following to do, some of which will happen this year, some of which will not.

Install door that leads from kitchen to basement (custom thing, not pre-hung).
          build built in bookshelf
          Strip and repaint all interior doors.
          repaint some interior trim
          install pull down attic stairs
          insulate attic
          build shelving system for food storage/laundry area
          build custom window well covers (one for exterior basement stairs as well)
          tear out old paneling in basement
          Finish basement which includes rewiring, moving some radiator pipes, redoing a bathroom, framing a wall, drywall, paint, and carpet and it's possible we'll put in a new staircase (long story, may or may not happen)

Looking at this list I think the basement may have to wait until 2011. I'll probably gut it a bit at a time over the next year though.

edit: I haven't even began to think about what we're doing outside, but there are two large bushes in the front that will have to go and there are several bushes in the back as well.
          Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
          God forgives many things for an act of mercy
          Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
            While I wouldn't think it based on her posting history, your wife must be more patient than mine. There is no way I could get away with bare floors for 8-10 months.
            I think she will be fine... gulp.

The reason we are going to wait that long are two fold:

1. We are going to mark up the slab where we have cracks now and see if they get any larger over a 6 month time frame.

2. We have a daughter going to Australia for 3 weeks in July, and then we have to get her backside to college. Simple economics.

Comment

I have three main one for the near future, no time frame though

1. Rebuild the back deck
              2. Replace the rain gutters
              3. Redo the insulation in the attic

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

There are 4 main things:

1. Get gravel/rocks to put around the side of the house and the garden boxes.

2. Put in window well covers.

3. Put in backsplash in the kitchen.

4. Repair the cabinet door that a chair tipped over and split.

None of this is a lot of work on my part except putting in the back splash. We just need to save up money.

We ran out after we bought the house and put in the yard.

Comment

1. More cement around the pool.
                  2. Paint living room and kitchen
                  3. redo landscape on side of house(flooded last fall, now has 4 inches of slit)

This depresses me thinking about summer
                  "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                    Now that we have this going, I thought it would be fun to start a thread that we could all post our little list of things we would like to work on, upgrade, or build in the house.

We can keep updating this list as we go along. With photos and everything I think this would be an extremely fun list.

So here is what I have on my to-do list:

Install new sinks and faucets in the house. (2 bathrooms, 1 kitchen. Just don't like them. The bathroom sinks are plastic.) (Spring 10)

Re-paint Kitchen (Spring 10) Will be easy with no flooring to cover. yay me.

Repaint all 3 bedrooms. (Fall 10) With the oldest going to college in September we are going to be making a few changes. Youngest will get the oldest kids room. Youngest kids room will be turned into an office/studio for the wife. I get my man cave. We will keep a twin bed and dresser in the new Office for when the kid isn't in school.

Build shelves in garage. (Fall 2010) We have gorilla racks in there now. Would like to make something a little more permanant.

This list here will basically put us into the position that we are hoping to be in for the future when it is time for us to move. Nice flooring, neutral paint colors, not super expensive.

Best part about it? I am going to do the work myself. I am finding new courage from my CUF brotherhood...
                    okay, that is the only one I have a hard time believing will get done. It's not affecting the house immediate so.....

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                      When it comes to Tick and his adventures, I'm very patient. He will tell you he is a kept man.

Comment

To do list at the Phat Household (in no particular order):
                        1. Organize garage
                        2. Finish interior paint (trim and ceiling)
                        3. Fix floor in kitchen (a joist is 1/2" high in the middle of the floor and the refrigerator had a leaky water line causing considerable damage)
                        4. Tile kitchen floor and laundry room
                        5. Paint cabinets in kitchen and laundry room
                        6. New counter tops in kitchen and laundry room (I am thinking about trying concrete countertops)
                        7. New interior doors and hardware
                        8. New patio door going onto deck (already have door from past job building homes)
                        9. Re-do deck (sand and stain planks and new rail and spindles)
                        10. Clean out damaged tree limbs and debris from ice storm of '09
                        11. Re-shingle roof (the only item on the list that I am thinking of having a contractor do)
                        I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

One of these weeks I'm going to find the courage to hang a half-dozen framed photos onto my hallway walls.

That's my whole "Home Project To-Do" list for the year.
                          Visca Catalunya Lliure

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                            flooded last fall, now has 4 inches of slit
                            I knew a gal with a similar problem.
                            Last edited by landpoke; 01-21-2010, 07:38 AM.
                            There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
                            Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)

Tomorrow is Saturday
                            And Sunday comes afterwards

Comment

We are putting new hardwood floors (next couple of weeks)
                              We will be painting the living room and kitchen next week and installing a ceiling fan

within the month new doors and windows.

In the spring we are filling the small hole where our above ground pool was and we are putting sod down.

Not to mention the garden and the landscaping in the front of the yard
                              "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Working...
                              X