Whistleblower - Ensign Peak Advisors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
    An alternative nitpick or view came from a baptist preacher. He claimed that the request by Jesus that the rich young man sell all his possessions and give to the poor was preposterous to begin with. A person can no more gain salvation through selling all his possessions and giving to the poor than he could by obeying all the commandments. Neither are required for salvation since it is a free gift from Jesus - salvation by grace alone. Personally, I'm just glad that the rich young man went away sorrowful before thinking to ask: by selling everything, does that mean net or gross?
    Ha. That's funny that a preacher would be dissing Jesus like that.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Sullyute View Post

Ok, my pigeonholing was rigid. So I will just say that personally I am embarrassed that my church doesn’t do more with their money to help the poor, but I am sure Jesus feels the same way about me.
      As a member of that church, are you also embarrassed at how you personally are not doing more with your money to help the poor?

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post

As a member of that church, are you also embarrassed at how you personally are not doing more with your money to help the poor?
        I’m too busy being embarrassed by how long it’s been since my church’s football team beat Utah to worry about details like that.
        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post

Nice.

Here's another cheap shot. I'm willing to bet Sully and others would spend more to help alleviate current suffering than the church with whatever amount it is sitting on.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post

You’re not going to like this response.

I sincerely believe that when church leaders urge members to pay tithing, budgets and financing operations are a secondary concern to the main point. Tithing is an emblem of devotion. The church would keep asking for it even if it had all the money in the world.
            No they wouldn't. They couldn't tithe anyone if they had all the money.

Comment

• Originally posted by originalsocal View Post

In kind.

Boom.
              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by originalsocal View Post

Wouldn’t stop them from still asking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Grown men - nitpicking. Just live your best life - that's the best revenge for - or against Jesus.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                  -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Working...
                  X