No announcement yet.

What's your favorite Hymn and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• come oh thou king of kings. Solid men’s hymn, and easy bass line to pick up.

come thou font of every blessing. When the volume goes to 11 with ‘HERE I RAISE MY EBENEZER’, gets me in the feels every time.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Further proof that no one in the grey building downtown is taking my advice on how to run things.

https://twitter.com/Ch_JesusChrist/s...37006130192561
      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
        Further proof that no one in the grey building downtown is taking my advice on how to run things.

6 years to get 12 hymns. Super speedy.

Comment

Further proof that no one in the grey building downtown is taking my advice on how to run things.

Does the new publication include a copy of the Constitution and Declaration of Independence?
          "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post

Does the new publication include a copy of the Constitution and Declaration of Independence?
            Hymns, not scriptures.

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post

Where were you when they were accepting submissions?

Comment

• Originally posted by beefytee View Post

Where were you when they were accepting submissions?
                Haha. I wonder if anyone submitted those set to music. It might take a few verses to fit it in.

Comment

Who hates 'Come thou Font of Every Blessing'?
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

My recollection was not that he hated it, but that putting it in the hymn book would get it sung too often and water down its effect.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

My recollection was not that he hated it, but that putting it in the hymn book would get it sung too often and water down its effect.
                      Seeing as how I have sung it twice ever in my life. What would be considered too often?

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

There's a reason it was cut. Those reasons haven't changed.

Comment

You're not hastening my return to church choir with that attitude.
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

• I am so confused.
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              I am so confused.
                              You and me both.

Comment

I absolutely agree. I looked at doing it when I was the ward choir director, just using the old hymn book, and it is not a great hymn unless you have the talent that Mack has had both at BYU and in the Tabernacle. Maybe they were able to tone it down a bit for the new hymn book.
                                “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Working...
                                X