Mormon WikiLeaks (MormonLeaks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
    I took one of those DNA tests from 23andMe. It said I had some thing like 4.1% Neanderthal DNA, which was something like 85th percentile in the population. I don't remember the exact numbers.
    Only 4.1%? I would have guessed much higher.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

I took one of those DNA tests from 23andMe. It said I had some thing like 4.1% Neanderthal DNA, which was something like 85th percentile in the population. I don't remember the exact numbers.
      You do have a pretty large noggin.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
        You do have a pretty large noggin.
        Does he have a unibrow?
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
          Does he have a unibrow?
          Yes, and absolutely no golf etiquette either.
          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

You're from Michigan right (can't remember, but I'm just going to go with it)? Explains a lot doesn't it:

"Genes that helped humans survive in Arctic came from interbreeding with now-extinct species: study"

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/wo...-species-study

Comment

• A more interesting discussion might be how local bishops used to receive compensation.
              We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
                A more interesting discussion might be how local bishops used to receive compensation.
                As described in the d&c no less. When I was first in a bishopric I pointed out those verses as a joke and asked how much we'd be getting. My SP was not amused, ignoring my comment, which I think he took as a serious question.
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                  As described in the d&c no less. When I was first in a bishopric I pointed out those verses as a joke and asked how much we'd be getting. My SP was not amused, ignoring my comment, which I think he took as a serious question.
                  Both Bishops and Stake Presidents were paid. My memory may serve me incorrectly, but bishops got five percent and stake presidents got ten percent of the tithes, but that is in all likelihood incorrect.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                    Both Bishops and Stake Presidents were paid. My memory may serve me incorrectly, but bishops got five percent and stake presidents got ten percent of the tithes, but that is in all likelihood incorrect.
                    It would provide the SJW believers another issue to spend time pulling string about. Instead of it being women and the priesthood it would be the unfair income inequality that a Bishop in Uganda only pulls in $.16 while some Bishop in Alpine, UT pulls in a bonus in excess of 5 figures.
                    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                    -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
                      A more interesting discussion might be how local bishops used to receive compensation.
                      And patriarchs and temple patrons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• It used to be that when you left names of your ancestors at the temple for proxy work, you would leave some cash with each one that would be paid to the person who did the work. Cha-ching.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          It used to be that when you left names of your ancestors at the temple for proxy work, you would leave some cash with each one that would be paid to the person who did the work. Cha-ching.
                          Yep, and male patrons got paid more than female patrons. I think it was $0.75 to $0.50 per name, but I'd have to look in the temple secrecy thread to verify since I think I summarized it in there.

Patriarchs also got paid per blessing. Many people in the army church received multiple patriarchal blessings, which some think is due to patriarchs "selling" blessings.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                            It would provide the SJW believers another issue to spend time pulling string about. Instead of it being women and the priesthood it would be the unfair income inequality that a Bishop in Uganda only pulls in $.16 while some Bishop in Alpine, UT pulls in a bonus in excess of 5 figures.
                            One would want to be a stake president in Alpine for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                              Yep, and male patrons got paid more than female patrons. I think it was $0.75 to $0.50 per name, but I'd have to look in the temple secrecy thread to verify since I think I summarized it in there.

Patriarchs also got paid per blessing. Many people in the army church received multiple patriarchal blessings, which some think is due to patriarchs "selling" blessings.

I bet my wife would pay for a second blessing. She is not fond of hers.

Also, I don't understand how selling blessings would result in more of them. Sure, the patriarch is on board, but why would the average church member pay for second or third blessings? Unless, like my wife, they are dissatisfied with theirs. But I don't see a large number of people falling into that category.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I have 2 patriarchal blessings. No bullshit.
                                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Working...
                                X