Most Annoying Ex-Mormons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RICO lawsuit filed against Mormon church

Lynette Cook, Rodney Jay Vessels and Julie Little Taggart filed their lawsuit Feb. 10, alleging violations of the Racketeer, Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act in U.S. District Court in Utah. The plaintiffs say they were led to join the LDS church after reading the Book of Mormon and agreeing with its teachings.

Once members, however, the plaintiffs claim the church demanded stiff financial contributions in the form of offerings and tithes, that they were forced into servitude to support the church’s financial schemes at Deseret Industries, and that the church leaders used the threat of damnation and eternal torture as a way to enforce their will and subjugate the faithful.

(wait for it)

The three plaintiffs are representing themselves.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
      I bet that complaint is a nightmare to read and try to interpret. For the sake of the attorneys at Kirton McConkie, I hope it's at least not hand-written.
      "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
      "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
      This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
      "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
      "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Where is Salt Laker City?
          “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

Small world. Taggart's father-in-law grew up in my town and was one of my grandfather's best friends. Her daughter worked at the Crest on 800 North where the Deseret First Credit Union is now, and she was smoking hot 25 years ago. Mother and daughter appear to share similar levels of intelligence.
            sigpic
            "Outlined against a blue, gray
            October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
            Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
              I bet that complaint is a nightmare to read and try to interpret. For the sake of the attorneys at Kirton McConkie, I hope it's at least not hand-written.
              I once had a pro se party that hand wrote everything and used paper that he cut himself. I think he was going to the ward house and cutting butcher paper to write his filings on.
              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                I once had a pro se party that hand wrote everything and used paper that he cut himself. I think he was going to the ward house and cutting butcher paper to write his filings on.
                I used to get those sorts of things all the time when I did PD work. It turns out that almost every person in San QUentin was imprisoned WRONGLY and that the POLICE are CORRUPT and judges are BRIBED and prosecutors are EVIL.
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Copelius View Post
                  Where is Salt Laker City?
                  It's been such since y'all traded us the pick that turned into Earvin "Magic" Johnson!

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                    Small world. Taggart's father-in-law grew up in my town and was one of my grandfather's best friends. Her daughter worked at the Crest on 800 North where the Deseret First Credit Union is now, and she was smoking hot 25 years ago. Mother and daughter appear to share similar levels of intelligence.
                    Julie L. Taggart's FB page: https://www.facebook.com/julie.l.taggart

Some serious nutjobbery going on there.

Comment

:sigh:

I hate when things like this hits the newswire. Not because it's bad publicity for the church. The church is represented by competent counsel and PR firms, and the leaders are issued Big Boy Pants when they are called.

No, it's because it means another round on facebook with my hostile-to-the-church sister, who will proclaim the plaintiffs the Second Coming of Bishop Sam Whateverthehellhisnameis.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                        Julie L. Taggart's FB page: https://www.facebook.com/julie.l.taggart

Some serious nutjobbery going on there.
                        I love that I have two mutual friends with her. One is my brother in law, and the other was from my high school.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post
                          Mother and daughter appear to share similar levels of intelligence.
                          Cowboy is such as easygoing guy that one forgets he can bring the heat if he wants. One of the best posts ever, and from what I can tell, profoundly true, was when he called Cody Brown a pants pegger.

Comment

• Kate Kelly is a disgusting human being.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Kate Kelly is a disgusting human being.

she's an idiot.
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                                she's an idiot.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X