Ordain Beards!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
    In the spirit of Zion, though, I'm willing to take the good with the not-so-good. If it takes a 400 lb mastadonian in yoga pants to lead the way, I'll gladly avert my eyes and follow in the track.
    So THAT's why they called her "Fanny!"
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Applejack View Post
      BYU is so weird. How did you seemingly normal people survive? And Sooner too?!
      Sooner, sadly, did not survive.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

It's shameful that BYU forced a sikh student to shave his beard. What the hell was the honor code office thinking?
        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
          It's shameful that BYU forced a sikh student to shave his beard. What the hell was the honor code office thinking?
          when i was an undergrad there was this one sikh that seemed to be everywhere on campus. everyone knew who he was and most people knew him as the "turban dude." he rocked a pretty scraggly beard. this was early 90s. he kind of looked like Great Tiger from "Punch-Out!!" but without the Salvador Dali mustache. Another difference was that if the real turban dude at BYU was going to throw a punch at you, the gold medallion on his turban wouldn't flash once right before. You were on your own!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            OB movement picking up steam. NY Times, baby!

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/18/us...sity.html?_r=0

Excellent essay highlighting the absurdity of how the rule is applied. Bonus points for piling on Carrie Jenkins.

http://bycommonconsent.com/2014/11/1...ck-and-beards/
            So wait, can Catholic students take communion (wine) at BYU? Thought never crossed my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by USUC View Post
              So wait, can Catholic students take communion (wine) at BYU? Thought never crossed my mind.
              I think for the most part it never came up.
              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

BYU students are beginning to pick up on the trend of successful activism in the church to change traditions that are not based on doctrine.
                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                  Is there a link for this? I didnt see it in the original story

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                    Is there a link for this? I didnt see it in the original story
                    Try the second link here:

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...=1#post1153696
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

More beard fun.

One man in this situation, a student at the LDS Business College, obtained the exemption earlier this month after signing a lengthy and detailed agreement. Noting that the student had provided evidence that he was filming in the Church’s New Testament videos, the letter states, among other requirements, that he “is required to dress professionally (in a shirt and tie) as a way to compensate for not shaving” and “is required to wear a lanyard stating [he has] official authorization to wear a beard."
                      http://www.connorboyack.com/blog/mor...d-phylacteries
                      I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

"Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                          At the boards is the man they call Mario....

MarioNovember 23, 2014 at 4:23 pm #

I would also suggest that you study the words of the Lord’s annoited who have proclaimed that the reason for the no beard policy is just as symbolic for us today as it was symbolic in Jesus’s day to wear a beard. For members of the church whose faith is based on the fact that symbols are an integral part of our faith ( hello sacred symbols in the temple) you are very much showing your Ignorance on this subject and frankly it is rather disturbing and you are making a mockery of sacred things. It is akin to you saying that you don’t believe endowed members of the church should wear garments! It is that serious in nature. Connor this is a subject you clearly don’t have any spiritual understanding on so I suggest you seek, ponder, and prayer lest you lead others astray like Kate Kelly!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                            Oh my. You've got to be kidding me.
                            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              That is a quality troll. Well done, Mario.
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                                Has to be a troll. No one is like that.
                                "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Working...
                                X