My final testimony

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MarkGrace
    Grooveshark dick tease
    • Dec 2008
    • 31546

    #16
    Originally posted by Pheidippides View Post
    They call this a YAGE, I believe.
    I don't get the reference. Is it from the bible?
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

    Comment

    • SCcoug
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 7625

      #17
      Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
      I don't get the reference. Is it from the bible?
      Urban Dictionary.

      Comment

      • Dwight Schr-ute
        Members Only
        • May 2011
        • 4917

        #18
        Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
        I don't get the reference. Is it from the bible?
        This might be my new go to phrase.
        I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

        Comment

        • Solon
          Lost in the flood
          • Nov 2008
          • 5747

          #19
          Originally posted by creekster View Post
          maybe he actually wrote an expression in Aramaic, or Persian or Babylonian (is that a thing?) and so to capture that flavor it translated into adieu. Did you think of that, smart guy?
          Maybe it's an Olmec cliche.
          Yeah, what do I know?
          I have now been informed that adieu appears in the book of Jacob.
          "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
          -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

          Comment

          • Pheidippides
            Liberal Feminazi
            • Nov 2008
            • 14759

            #20
            Originally posted by Solon View Post
            Maybe it's an Olmec cliche.
            Yeah, what do I know?
            I have now been informed that adieu appears in the book of Jacob.
            Or "Jacques" as it was originally known.
            Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

            Comment

            • byu71
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 22070

              #21
              Sorry to lose one of the real characters on the board. You added some thought provoking questions. The trolling part got a bit much for me, but I am speaking for myself here.
              I wish you continued success in your chosen field.

              Comment

              • smokymountainrain
                Impressive Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 22593

                #22
                Sooner, you can quit the board, though I wish you wouldn't, but you damn well better pay up on the $100 you will owe me next April.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

                Comment

                • Green Monstah
                  Royal Rooter
                  • Aug 2010
                  • 13955

                  #23
                  It's good to take a break every now and again.
                  Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

                  "Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

                  Comment

                  • Applejack
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2012
                    • 3813

                    #24
                    Don't leave before answering the 5% tithing question!

                    Comment

                    • woot
                      Resident Science Cop
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 5531

                      #25
                      It seems clear to me that Sooner wasn't trolling (unless you're defining it as just "stuff that's offensive to me", but that's not what trolling really is). Sooner's posts demonstrate authentic lashing out against perceived injustices wrought by the church he had hoped so hard was true. It shouldn't be surprising that finding out it's not can be pretty messy.

                      Comment

                      • Pelado
                        Bald not naked
                        • Sep 2010
                        • 21141

                        #26
                        Originally posted by woot View Post
                        It seems clear to me that Sooner wasn't trolling (unless you're defining it as just "stuff that's offensive to me", but that's not what trolling really is). Sooner's posts demonstrate authentic lashing out against perceived injustices wrought by the church he had hoped so hard was true. It shouldn't be surprising that finding out it's not can be pretty messy.
                        I don't think I would call it trolling, but I would call it vitriolic.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

                        Comment

                        • Joe Public
                          8.1 YPC
                          • Apr 2011
                          • 8524

                          #27
                          Sooner, I enjoy your participation on the board and hope you change your mind. Either way, well wishes.
                          "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

                          "What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

                          Comment

                          • byu71
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 22070

                            #28
                            Originally posted by woot View Post
                            It seems clear to me that Sooner wasn't trolling (unless you're defining it as just "stuff that's offensive to me", but that's not what trolling really is). Sooner's posts demonstrate authentic lashing out against perceived injustices wrought by the church he had hoped so hard was true. It shouldn't be surprising that finding out it's not can be pretty messy.
                            I classify it as trolling because Sooner is too smart to believe some of the stuff he threw out there. The only other option comes down to trying to unnerve or belittle. I call that trolling for lack of a better word.

                            Comment

                            • Goatnapper'96
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 10924

                              #29
                              Pull the string and stop being such a little whiny bitch. But if you don't, this place will get along just fine with or without you.
                              Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                              -General George S. Patton

                              I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                              -DOCTOR Wuap

                              Comment

                              • byu71
                                Senior Member
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 22070

                                #30
                                Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                                this place will get along just fine with or without you.
                                Reminds me of one of my all time favorite songs. U2's with or without you.

                                When I finally can't take it anymore on this board, I am going to give everyone fair warning I am thinking of leaving so everyone can beg me not to. That will show JL his picking on me isn't going over so well.

                                Comment

                                Working...