The June 1

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • smokymountainrain
    Impressive Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 22593

    #1456
    Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
    Perhaps you are right and the medical world is more accommodating in this regard, but it would be the exception rather than rule.
    Yes, and the CEO of IHC is a physician, so he'd probably meet with another doc.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

    Comment

    • Blueintheface
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 15382

      #1457
      I once rode in an elevator with a doctor.
      "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

      "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

      Comment

      • Sullyute
        a day late/a dollar short
        • Jul 2010
        • 3308

        #1458
        Originally posted by kccougar View Post
        While I admit it was a cute touch that she immediately started rocking the sleeveless look after she was told not to wear her garments anymore, it was the first thing many women I know noticed with post-ex Kate. Again, she probably got a high five from the FMH, but it's not playing well with the "moderates."
        Hold it, she is not wearing garments any more?! But it is an outward expression of a inward commitment. If Kate isn't inwardly committed then I am off the OW bandwagon.
        "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

        Comment

        • Commando
          Explosivo
          • Feb 2009
          • 20748

          #1459
          Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
          Hold it, she is not wearing garments any more?! But it is an outward expression of a inward commitment. If Kate isn't inwardly committed then I am off the OW bandwagon.
          Don't be so hasty; I bet she's just expressing her outward expression of her inward commitment to the terms set forth in the decision letter.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

          Comment

          • Blueintheface
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2009
            • 15382

            #1460
            *Poof* I'm glad you saw the irony in that, CJ.
            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

            "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

            Comment

            • LVAllen
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2013
              • 3272

              #1461
              Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
              Is anyone aware of someone successfully appealing a church court decision?
              Particularly where the one who hears the appeal also happens to be the one initially disciplining the appellant?

              Comment

              • Moliere
                One man.....one pie
                • Oct 2009
                • 27879

                #1462
                Is it sexist if Kate Kelly is a male nurse?
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                Comment

                • RC Vikings
                  Known Heterosexual
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 8789

                  #1463
                  Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                  While I admit it was a cute touch that she immediately started rocking the sleeveless look after she was told not to wear her garments anymore, it was the first thing many women I know noticed with post-ex Kate. Again, she probably got a high five from the FMH, but it's not playing well with the "moderates."
                  I would like to see a change from the generic term garment to something like LDS underwear, maybe then only the prevs would keep track and report what others were wearing.

                  Comment

                  • wally
                    <><><><><><><><>
                    • Jun 2010
                    • 4137

                    #1464
                    Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                    Is anyone aware of someone successfully appealing a church court decision?
                    I think that Kelly's hopes hinge on whether or not her church leaders first contacted her husband for permission to arrange the court. If leaders bypassed her husband, then I would think she could get a mistrial.

                    Comment

                    • kccougar
                      9262
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 7020

                      #1465
                      Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                      I obviously am biased here, but I believe her.
                      Here's why: if they had really met, why would she bring it up, and then so specifically? It wasn't particularly central to her point (although certainly damning), he was sure to deny it, and it would just make her look like she was lying. In short, it's distracting, and such a strange thing to just fabricate. Putting myself in her shoes, I can't imagine just making something up like that.
                      In her Tribune interview that's on youtube now, she says in one sentence the Bishop is outright lying about their communication, and then in the very next statement acknowledges that she met with them both in December and in May, exactly as the Bishop's letter states.
                      "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

                      Comment

                      • TripletDaddy
                        sweet triple
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 58186

                        #1466
                        Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                        In her Tribune interview that's on youtube now, she says in one sentence the Bishop is outright lying about their communication, and then in the very next statement acknowledges that she met with them both in December and in May, exactly as the Bishop's letter states.
                        you've become a little too possessed by this topic if you are watching youtube clips. I didnt peg you as part of the podcast crew. No more. snap out of it!
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • kccougar
                          9262
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 7020

                          #1467
                          Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                          you've become a little too possessed by this topic if you are watching youtube clips. I didnt peg you as part of the podcast crew. No more. snap out of it!
                          I was sucked in by the bare shoulders.
                          "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

                          Comment

                          • Dwight Schr-ute
                            Members Only
                            • May 2011
                            • 4917

                            #1468
                            Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                            In her Tribune interview that's on youtube now, she says in one sentence the Bishop is outright lying about their communication, and then in the very next statement acknowledges that she met with them both in December and in May, exactly as the Bishop's letter states.
                            What are the odds that the December "meeting" was tithing settlement?
                            I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

                            Comment

                            • kccougar
                              9262
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 7020

                              #1469
                              Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                              What are the odds that the December "meeting" was tithing settlement?
                              Only if the Stake President typically attends tithing settlement.
                              "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

                              Comment

                              • Pelado
                                Bald not naked
                                • Sep 2010
                                • 21139

                                #1470
                                Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                                Only if the Stake President typically attends tithing settlement.
                                Isn't that typical?
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

                                Comment

                                Working...