Latest Stats and Facts on Punography

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Babs
    Not a Lawyer
    • Nov 2008
    • 17128

    #586
    Originally posted by creekster View Post
    You know how annoying it is when your spouse walks into a room where you are watching a movie that is 2/3 of the way done and asks "what's going on" or expects you to explain in detail about the plot and the characters right in the middle of the movie? Really annoying.
    The funny thing is that he thought he was a character in the plot not twenty posts ago. I remember because he criticized the Oxford Press as unreliable and then offered an article from wikipedia instead.

    Comment

    • RobinFinderson
      Banned
      • Nov 2008
      • 10548

      #587
      Originally posted by Babs View Post
      I take it you didn't even read the abstract. This is like trying to discuss literature with SU.

      I'm working on your other thing. This one's more time-consuming because it's interdisciplinary.
      I did read the abstracts. I have also made calls both to Yale and to my current college libraries to figure out what I have access to vis a vis their subscriptions to the various academic databases. Unfortunately I no longer have an active Yale ID, and my current college only subscribes to the art-related portions of the academic journal related databases. So I still only have access to the abstracts for all of the articles you posted. But it has been good to learn what kinds of resources I have at my disposal. For example, I do have home access to LexisNexis Accademic, so if you were to suggest any links to any of this research being cited in a major newspaper or magazine, I could take a look.

      Anyhow, by my 'other thing' are you referring to your quote that women's primary drive is security and emotional support?

      Comment

      • Babs
        Not a Lawyer
        • Nov 2008
        • 17128

        #588
        Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
        Anyhow, by my 'other thing' are you referring to your quote that women's primary drive is security and emotional support?
        yes.

        Comment

        • RobinFinderson
          Banned
          • Nov 2008
          • 10548

          #589
          Originally posted by Babs View Post
          yes.
          Sweet! Babs, I have this unshakable feeling that all of this tit for tat is going to result in our making beautiful music together. I have already found it in my heart to forgive you for lying about me posting a naked picture of myself on CUF. I can't tell if what I feel is Christ-like love or stockholm syndrome, but it is there, and it is real, and I will no longer deny it.

          Comment

          • DU Ute
            RIP CUF
            • Dec 2008
            • 7393

            #590
            Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
            Sweet! Babs, I have this unshakable feeling that all of this tit for tat is going to result in our making beautiful music together. I have already found it in my heart to forgive you for lying about me posting a naked picture of myself on CUF. I can't tell if what I feel is Christ-like love or stockholm syndrome, but it is there, and it is real, and I will no longer deny it.
            This thread just made a sharp turn towards creepy.
            "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
            "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
            "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

            Comment

            • Babs
              Not a Lawyer
              • Nov 2008
              • 17128

              #591
              Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
              This thread just made a sharp turn towards creepy.
              Par for the course for our Robin.

              Robin, you know full well that the photos were intended to convey nudity. You'll pardon me if I never looked close enough to notice that there was a speedo present.

              Comment

              • wuapinmon
                Soul Plumber
                • Dec 2008
                • 30711

                #592
                Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                Sweet! Babs, I have this unshakable feeling that all of this tit for tat is going to result in our making beautiful music together. I have already found it in my heart to forgive you for lying about me posting a naked picture of myself on CUF. I can't tell if what I feel is Christ-like love or stockholm syndrome, but it is there, and it is real, and I will no longer deny it.
                I'm going to say that this post is offsides. Faith, what say you?
                "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                Comment

                • I.J. Reilly
                  Nobody's Fool
                  • Apr 2009
                  • 2949

                  #593
                  Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                  Sweet! Babs, I have this unshakable feeling that all of this tit for tit is going to result in our making beautiful music together. I have already found it in my heart to forgive you for lying about me posting a naked picture of myself on CUF. I can't tell if what I feel is Christ-like love or stockholm syndrome, but it is there, and it is real, and I will no longer deny it.
                  There, corrected that for you.

                  Comment

                  • RobinFinderson
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 10548

                    #594
                    Originally posted by Babs View Post
                    Par for the course for our Robin.

                    Robin, you know full well that the photos were intended to convey nudity. You'll pardon me if I never looked close enough to notice that there was a speedo present.
                    They were not intended to convey nudity. They were shot for an office swimsuit calendar, and were every bit as modest as anything you have ever posted showing Mathew McConaughey.

                    Comment

                    • SeattleUte
                      Faith crisis consultant
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 20837

                      #595
                      Originally posted by Babs View Post
                      I take it you didn't even read the abstract. This is like trying to discuss literature with SU.
                      Ma'am, you need to read my posts more closely. My rule about only reading book reviews is limited to books about Mormonism. This is on the basis that I think it's a limited universe that has been exhausted of material for original analysis, and lacking any mysery. Not unrelated to my general rule against debating Book of Mormon historicity.
                      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

                      --Jonathan Swift

                      Comment

                      • RobinFinderson
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 10548

                        #596
                        Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                        I'm going to say that this post is offsides. Faith, what say you?
                        What do you have a problem with? Christ-like love or Stockholm syndrome?

                        Comment

                        • RobinFinderson
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 10548

                          #597
                          Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
                          This thread just made a sharp turn towards creepy.
                          I hint at the fact that I think Babs and I are on the verge of firmly establishing, once and for all, the true scientifically factual, unassailable and beyond the doubt of reasonable people, "Primary drive of women," and I call that 'beautiful music,' and that is creepy? A bird can't get a break in these parts.

                          Comment

                          • wuapinmon
                            Soul Plumber
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 30711

                            #598
                            Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                            I hint at the fact that I think Babs and I are on the verge of firmly establishing, once and for all, the true scientifically factual, unassailable and beyond the doubt of reasonable people, "Primary drive of women," and I call that 'beautiful music,' and that is creepy? A bird can't get a break in these parts.
                            I took it to mean that your going back and forth was a thinly-veiled confession that view your dickering as making you both the Fleischman-O'Connell of CUF.
                            "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
                            The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

                            Comment

                            • Babs
                              Not a Lawyer
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 17128

                              #599
                              Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                              I took it to mean...
                              It's nice of you to be looking out for me, but my reputation as the board flirt (or one of them) is well established. I'm not exactly Pollyanna. I'm pretty much fair game.

                              Comment

                              • RobinFinderson
                                Banned
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 10548

                                #600
                                Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                                I took it to mean that your going back and forth was a thinly-veiled confession that view your dickering as making you both the Fleischman-O'Connell of CUF.
                                As much as I appreciate a good Northern Exposure reference (Babs' lie about my nude photo excepted), we are no Fleischman-O'Connell. You may, howver, take it to mean that in spite of my obvious best interests, I find myself liking Babs.

                                Comment

                                Working...