Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    Ken Jennings taking a beating on Twitter for his affiliation with and defense of Bean Dad. (Bean Dad: Twitter story about a guy who made his hungry 9yo wait 6 hours to eat in the spirit of self sufficiency. He was supposedly forcing her to figure out how to use a manual can opener to open a can of beans. The story was likely embellished for entertainment purposes, but nevertheless was not well-received in the Twitterverse).

Many predicting Ken’s defense of Bean Dad will cost him his shot at Jeopardy host and are calling for Lavar Burton instead. TBD if Twitter life is real life in this instance.
    Levar Burton?!?

The only way I'll support him over Jennings is if he wears his visor full-time on the show.
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
      Levar Burton?!?

The only way I'll support him over Jennings is if he wears his visor full-time on the show.
      I'm just imagining his Reading Rainbow voice. In all honesty - I'd take William Shatner over Burton.

Burton has a podcast reading short stories - which I've listened to a couple of times. He just gets a little too much eye roll from me on some of his intonation and starting each story with "Now take a deep breath...and...begin." Which is interesting - because he hits some themes that are definitely not child-friendly, but still acts like he's reading to kids half of the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
        Ken Jennings taking a beating on Twitter for his affiliation with and defense of Bean Dad. (Bean Dad: Twitter story about a guy who made his hungry 9yo wait 6 hours to eat in the spirit of self sufficiency. He was supposedly forcing her to figure out how to use a manual can opener to open a can of beans. The story was likely embellished for entertainment purposes, but nevertheless was not well-received in the Twitterverse).

Many predicting Ken’s defense of Bean Dad will cost him his shot at Jeopardy host and are calling for Lavar Burton instead. TBD if Twitter life is real life in this instance.
        I just read up on Bean Dad. What a stupid way to parent. As for the outrage about Bean Dad, what a stupid thing to be outraged over. Seriously, let him being a stupid parent and move on with life. It is like the outrage today over stupidity of some random preacher saying "Amen and Awomen."
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
          I just read up on Bean Dad. What a stupid way to parent. As for the outrage about Bean Dad, what a stupid thing to be outraged over. Seriously, let him being a stupid parent and move on with life. It is like the outrage today over stupidity of some random preacher saying "Amen and Awomen."
          Performative outrage. It is the worst thing about social media - especially twitter.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
            I'm just imagining his Reading Rainbow voice. In all honesty - I'd take William Shatner over Burton.

Burton has a podcast reading short stories - which I've listened to a couple of times. He just gets a little too much eye roll from me on some of his intonation and starting each story with "Now take a deep breath...and...begin." Which is interesting - because he hits some themes that are definitely not child-friendly, but still acts like he's reading to kids half of the time.
            If we are going with a Star Trek Jeopardy host, we all know there is only one correct choice.

maxresdefault.jpg

Comment

• Ken Jennings is a putz and he deserves what he’s getting.
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                Ken Jennings is a putz and he deserves what he’s getting.
                I'm on Twitter and.... I don't see Ken Jennings "getting" anything.
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                  I'm on Twitter and.... I don't see Ken Jennings "getting" anything.
                  Hmm, I may have to talk to Mindy
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                    Hmm, I may have to talk to Mindy
                    Unless she documents it on twitter, did it even happen?

Comment

• Members of the church storm the castle. I'm welled up with pride.

https://kjzz.com/news/local/man-phot...ti5gNp0joFFlVg

Comment

• I know of someone very similar to this guy. He suffered a traumatic brain injury about 15 years ago and he’s been like this guy since. His speech, mannerisms, movements, and content are eerily similar. Has a lot of dangerous paranoia to go with it. I hope this guy is in a better place but I doubt it.
                        A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• My man, you really need to hone down that door approach.
                          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                          - SeattleUte

Comment

• That intellectually disadvantaged man is one of many preyed upon the awful MAGA cult. He's clearly not all there. Still an utter embarrassment for the church. They need to get out in front of this and pretend this is at least as serious as annoying SJW women wanting the priesthood.

Comment

• Sounds like the guy captured in one of the most iconic insurrection photos (dangling from the senate balcony) was an RM from Boise.

Comment

• Netflix Sets 'Murder Among the Mormons' Docuseries on 1985 Utah Bombings (Exclusive)

Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Working...
                                X