No announcement yet.

Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm fairly church liberal, but I still get sad when someone leaves the church.

Anyone member who hated DA was not doing it based on doctrine.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
      I'm fairly church liberal, but I still get sad when someone leaves the church.

Anyone member who hated DA was not doing it based on doctrine.
      So true.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post

C'mon man. Church leadership bent over backwards to be there for him. They love him. Sadly, they couldn't give him the answers he wanted, which is very much a tragedy for many I am sure.
        ok youre right, too far, they dont hate him as a person. Some are biased against lgbt in general and think there is a nefarious agenda. Anyways on the membership level on some members I projected upwards

Comment

• These people are Mos.

https://www.cachevalleydaily.com/new...31dec6564.html

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post

C'mon man. Church leadership bent over backwards to be there for him. They love him. Sadly, they couldn't give him the answers he wanted, which is very much a tragedy for many I am sure.
            Out of respect for the beliefs of those on the board, I'll refrain from commenting, other than to say you are generous.
            "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• yea it seems bending over backwards would include changing policy, which the church could do even without doctrinal change

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                yea it seems bending over backwards would include changing policy, which the church could do even without doctrinal change
                What policy exactly?

https://apnews.com/article/religion-...10a298a199b860

Comment

yea it seems bending over backwards would include changing policy, which the church could do even without doctrinal change
                  That would be "breaking", not bending.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                    I'd be interested to see how the CA equipment company came up with $600k plus punitives for a piece of equipment that cost $225,770. There must be some other interesting causes of action because you generally don't get punitive damages for breach of contract.

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

I'd be interested to see how the CA equipment company came up with $600k plus punitives for a piece of equipment that cost $225,770. There must be some other interesting causes of action because you generally don't get punitive damages for breach of contract.
                      That seemed weird. I'm not excusing the couple for their misdeeds, particularly because they did the inexcusable and missed payroll, but it seems like they just got in over their heads and were bad at business. Not like they were running an active scam or anything. I'm likely missing something.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

Originally posted by YOhio View Post

That seemed weird. I'm not excusing the couple for their misdeeds, particularly because they did the inexcusable and missed payroll, but it seems like they just got in over their heads and were bad at business. Not like they were running an active scam or anything. I'm likely missing something.
                        I’m assuming there are fraud allegations. We know from the article that she had no problem falsifying bank letters to show to her employees, so I’m wondering if there weren’t some fraudulent/falsified bank letters provided to the equipment company at the initial purchase which made them think a bank was backing the purchase. Still seems crazy for the company to send a piece of equipment that expensive before receiving the funds.
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post

I’m assuming there are fraud allegations. We know from the article that she had no problem falsifying bank letters to show to her employees, so I’m wondering if there weren’t some fraudulent/falsified bank letters provided to the equipment company at the initial purchase which made them think a bank was backing the purchase. Still seems crazy for the company to send a piece of equipment that expensive before receiving the funds.
                          That sounds plausible. Still, unless I am mistaken, you can't use fraud to recover for a contract claim. There must be some other alleged damages related to not selling the unit to some other buyer or something.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

CB is up in arms about david Archuleta leaving the church.

Given CB probably represents utah mormons well, why would anyone like david stay in the church?

It still comes from the leadership, but imagine how much david heard growing up from CB likes in the church, its a wonder why he didnt bolt sooner. sad he wasted time of his career for a church with a subset of members that hates him
                            I think the typical CB'er is bothered by Archuleta's song and instagram posts that they believe are criticizing the LDS Church.
                            Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                            -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                            -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Working...
                            X