Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
    Not that he's not an absolute jackass, but I thought that he offered to sit in his car in the parking lot to watch the game. That seems pretty safe. I'm interested in hearing Grapevine's take on this story.
    Not from his car. He was watching through a chainlink fence.

https://www.ktvb.com/mobile/article/...8-c8088f462343

Comment

• Elder Gong and his wife has COVID-19
      "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

• So, way back from the field and outside the fence. And the police refused to arrest Bundy, saying that he posed no threat. And Bundy was the only person at the event that night without a mask on? Looks like either a pissing contest with the Principal of Caldwell HS (who the heck calls the President of the Senate, the Speaker of the House, and the Governor for a high school football game trespass?) or the Caldwell AD decided to resurrect a win out of the ashes of a 35-zip beatdown at halftime.

If Emmett has to forfeit, I would recommend that Bundy attend all future Caldwell home games proclaiming himself a Caldwell fan, and refuse to wear a mask. Or any fan of a team playing Caldwell can publicly cheer for Caldwell and then refuse to wear their mask or leave. He's an idiot, but the solution the Superintendent made is not going to fix the situation- it just makes everything worse.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm not sure I'm blaming Bundy for anything big here.
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• presumption goes against ammon bundy. he's forfeited the right to ever get the benefit of the doubt.
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• You're mixing up his trespasses. He was arrested twice and banned from the Capitol building. Since this is kind of a big step, the administrator of the building consulted with the heads of both chambers and the Governor before doing it.

Comment

So, way back from the field and outside the fence. And the police refused to arrest Bundy, saying that he posed no threat. And Bundy was the only person at the event that night without a mask on? Looks like either a pissing contest with the Principal of Caldwell HS (who the heck calls the President of the Senate, the Speaker of the House, and the Governor for a high school football game trespass?) or the Caldwell AD decided to resurrect a win out of the ashes of a 35-zip beatdown at halftime.

If Emmett has to forfeit, I would recommend that Bundy attend all future Caldwell home games proclaiming himself a Caldwell fan, and refuse to wear a mask. Or any fan of a team playing Caldwell can publicly cheer for Caldwell and then refuse to wear their mask or leave. He's an idiot, but the solution the Superintendent made is not going to fix the situation- it just makes everything worse.
                Remember the video from a week or two ago where the Karen in Ohio was arrested and physically removed from a HS sporting event? Everyone said that the officer overreacted and the proper solution is to stop the game and tell the person that it will not continue until the mask is on or the person leaves. Seems like a much more reasonable approach. That is in fact what happened here. This is ridiculous to blame the school. Bundy was asked several times and he refused. He is an asshole and put this ego above the interests of the kids.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

So, way back from the field and outside the fence. And the police refused to arrest Bundy, saying that he posed no threat. And Bundy was the only person at the event that night without a mask on? Looks like either a pissing contest with the Principal of Caldwell HS (who the heck calls the President of the Senate, the Speaker of the House, and the Governor for a high school football game trespass?) or the Caldwell AD decided to resurrect a win out of the ashes of a 35-zip beatdown at halftime.

He's on school property and refusing to comply with school policy. If the school has a policy that you're not allowed to wear gang colors on school property and someone comes to a game wearing gang colors and refuses to leave the property, should the school be powerless to enforce its policy? Bundy's whole schtick is refusal to acknowledge authority. Of course Bundy wasn't posing a health risk, but this isn't a health issue. It's a policy issue.
                  "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• Do you really think Bundy was the only one not wearing a mask that night? Game photos show tons of people (adults and kids and football team coaches and associates) all not wearing masks, but Bundy was the only jackass making a big deal about it. They chose Bundy to make this statement because he's been a pain in their butts for a long time now. But in their hurry to retaliate at him (and they were royally pissed at him), they effected a punishment that is crazy. They still havent said which team is forfeit. Can someone go to just any football game in Idaho and behave like an ass and announce that you are a supporter of X team, to get X to forfeit the game?

Comment

Do you really think Bundy was the only one not wearing a mask that night? Game photos show tons of people (adults and kids and football team coaches and associates) all not wearing masks, but Bundy was the only jackass making a big deal about it. They chose Bundy to make this statement because he's been a pain in their butts for a long time now. But in their hurry to retaliate at him (and they were royally pissed at him), they effected a punishment that is crazy. They still havent said which team is forfeit. Can someone go to just any football game in Idaho and behave like an ass and announce that you are a supporter of X team, to get X to forfeit the game?
                      You will at least get the game cancelled. Public organization have a responsibility to conduct public events in a safe manner. Maybe people should stop acting like asses.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Do you really think Bundy was the only one not wearing a mask that night? Game photos show tons of people (adults and kids and football team coaches and associates) all not wearing masks, but Bundy was the only jackass making a big deal about it. They chose Bundy to make this statement because he's been a pain in their butts for a long time now. But in their hurry to retaliate at him (and they were royally pissed at him), they effected a punishment that is crazy. They still havent said which team is forfeit. Can someone go to just any football game in Idaho and behave like an ass and announce that you are a supporter of X team, to get X to forfeit the game?
                        To be fair, the game was pretty much over. It was 35-0 at halftime so the biggest issue are that the second and third string guys didn’t get their playing time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          You will at least get the game cancelled. Public organization have a responsibility to conduct public events in a safe manner. Maybe people should stop acting like asses.
                          But how can you discount Katy's argument about the dozens of other people not wearing masks? Seems to suggest public health wasn't at the top of the list of concerns here.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            But how can you discount Katy's argument about the dozens of other people not wearing masks? Seems to suggest public health wasn't at the top of the list of concerns here.
                            I am calling BS on that argument.

Comment

• Bundy was one of a small number of people denied entry at the gate. Hey/they went over and stood by the fence and were repeatedly asked to leave. He refused.

The coach of his son's team begged him to leave:

Coach: "If we have to cancel the game, we're not going to the playoffs."

Bundy: "You're not going to cancel the game."

Coach: "They're going to cancel the game!"

And they did.

Bundy posted another video of an exchange with a very unhappy woman:

Woman: "Why don't you just stay home?"

Bundy: "I'm not going to stay home. My boy plays on the team. Don't I have a right to go watch? "

Woman: "We all did!"
                              https://idahonews.com/news/local/amm...game-it-was-me

Emmett HS was awarded the win, given that they were up 35-0 at halftime. So maybe stop worrying that people will use this method to cause forfeits.

But by Tuesday, the two schools decided that Emmett should have the win, said Ty Jones, executive director of the Idaho High School Activities Association which governs prep sports in the Gem State.

Both sides apparently agreed that Emmett's five-touchdown lead shouldn't be wiped out by the brouhaha over Bundy.

"That would be my thought (that a 35-point lead should stand) but I wasn’t given a reason, just a final score," Jones said.
                              https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...fuses-n1242161

Bundy had the audacity to compare himself to jews in 1930:

"When I was standing there, and my family was standing there, I honestly could imagine, accurately I believe, what a Jewish person felt in the '30's in Germany," Bundy said in the video. "How they were discriminated against, they were told it was a health crisis to have them in their society because their genes were inferior."

Bundy also stated that after studying the novel coronavirus in great depth, he "knows that wearing a mask has nothing to do with safety and has everything to do with grooming a populous, the people, to complying to unjust policies."
                              Let's remember that this was a road game. He was a guest at this stadium/field.

And oh yeah, he is willing to do it again.

While speaking with NBC News, Bundy was asked about what he will do in the future if he is told to wear a mask at another high school football game, to which he responded by saying, "I have a strong belief in my right to choose to wear a mask or not."
                              Please let's stop showing this guy any kind of sympathy.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                                I'm sure if Bundy hadn't been an ass and just put the mask on like everybody else to enter the game and then took it off like other people once he was got in, then there wouldn't have been an incident. Instead, he decided to be an ass and refuse to put on the mask to enter the stadium, with the intent of challenging the other side to back down. That's what he does. He provokes.
                                "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

Working...
                                X