Rumors of 19 year old females going on missions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
    I've heard that there is quite of bit of concern being expressed to the brethren by women who have their ear to the fact that there are many young ladies who are feeling pressure to go.

I think you are going to hear more and more an emphasis that being a missionary is a priesthood duty, but that for the young women it is a choice and they should not feel any obligation.

I think there will still be more sisters than there were before the age changed. But this will be a point of emphasis.
    I was in the same room as Pres. Hinkley's granddaughter while on my mission watching GC when he told everyone that young women didn't need to worry about going on missions.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
      I've heard that there is quite of bit of concern being expressed to the brethren by women who have their ear to the fact that there are many young ladies who are feeling pressure to go.

I think you are going to hear more and more an emphasis that being a missionary is a priesthood duty, but that for the young women it is a choice and they should not feel any obligation.

I think there will still be more sisters than there were before the age changed. But this will be a point of emphasis.
      Nah. Their eyes are open to what the church can do with double the missionary force. They won't try to hold it back.

Comment

• Kyle Naylor and Eric Williams are members of Alone N’ Single, and they say the song was inspired by true events.

“We all kind of went through the same thing. One night, it was actually Eric who walked in and he was a little frustrated, because lots of girls have been leaving on missions, which is great, we support that and that’s awesome, but was a little frustrated cause she’s leaving on a mission,” Naylor said.

The band members know first-hand what it’s like to go on a mission and leave a girl behind, but now the tables have turned.

“We wrote each other for a year, and then after that I just kinda never heard from her,” Williams said. ”Girls hey the tables have turned. Now they can expect the same thing. Instead of Dear Johns, we’re going to start Dear Janing them.”
        http://fox13now.com/2013/05/21/viral...issionary-age/
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• LDS First Presidency urges missionary contributions

They didn't read the letter in our meetings.
          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
            LDS First Presidency urges missionary contributions

SHOULDA THOUGHT OF THAT BEFORE BUILDING BILLION DOLLAR SHOPPING MALLS!!!

Comment

They didn't read it in our ward either nor have they read the BSA related letter. Maybe we are a forgotten ward?
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                They didn't read it in our ward either nor have they read the BSA related letter. Maybe we are a forgotten ward?
                No BSA letter for us either.

What the hell is going on with the correlation in this church?
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                  SHOULDA THOUGHT OF THAT BEFORE BUILDING BILLION DOLLAR SHOPPING MALLS!!!
                  But those missionaries need somewhere to buy their clothes...

The letter was read in our ward yesterday.
                  "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

It takes a month or more for letters to get here, so I don't foresee it being read anytime soon.

Also I don't know why it takes letters from church hq so long to get somewhere that is only 9 hours away, but it does. I think they send it pony express.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                      One can only hope.
                      Not that, sickos.

Comment

Letter? We don't need no stink'n letter.

03-21-06_alfonso-bedoya.jpg
                        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• If MJ hears that letter shell want to donate. I'll have to remind her we have 5 potential missionaries and need to save for them first, then we can donate.
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Hmm... One has to wonder about the church's financials given the announcements in recent years:

and now this.

The good news is it seems that new mall is doing great. At least according to its general manager.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• A new Utah graduation tradition?

Hundreds of Bountiful High graduates lined up to receive their diplomas at the Regional Center in Woods Cross on Friday, many of whom have already received their LDS mission assignments since the minimum age went from 19 to 18 for young men.

As is the custom, graduating seniors wrote their names on a card to be read aloud as they crossed the stage. Apparently, dozens of young men added what appeared to be the place of their Mormon mission as a "middle name" – as in John "Russia" Doe and James "New York" Smith.
                              Nope...
                              By the end, perhaps 50 or more had done this, according to one parent in attendance.

Was this appropriate at a public high school, where many of the grads are not Mormon, or did it cross church-state lines?
                              Bountiful High’s vice principal, Alan Smith, said administrators knew nothing about the mission-as-middle-name tactic in advance and would not have approved it.

"It won’t be something we will do again," Smith said.

Chris Williams, a Davis School District spokesman, said the fake names were "inappropriate."
                              http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsfa...ssion.html.csp

Maybe Utah grads should do what they do in Texas.... Tell the everyone where you are going with your cap:

e43ee6b9429228db98ddaf354f20a2cb.jpg
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                                A new Utah graduation tradition?

Nope...

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsfa...ssion.html.csp

Maybe Utah grads should do what they do in Texas.... Tell the everyone where you are going with your cap:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2328[/ATTACH]
                                Bountiful High's vP and Chris Williams need to take a chill pill. "Inappropriate"? LMAO. Take that burr out of your ass...

Comment

Working...
                                X