Religion is Personal

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • smokymountainrain
    Impressive Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 22593

    #151
    Originally posted by marsupial View Post
    No, I wish I was.
    That is absolutely heartbreaking.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

    Comment

    • Jacob
      Junior Member
      • Oct 2009
      • 6801

      #152
      Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
      Of course you think the messages are inspirational. Did it ever occur to you that some people do not find the message inspirational and that their objection has nothing to do with the message being dull?
      I didn't say I found the messages inspirational. I find the typical first presidency message in the ensign dull, for example. Every once in a while I get an email with a supposed inspirational message. My typical response is to delete without reading, read then delete, or respond with a link to snopes proving the story false. The types of messages I'm discussing are those a typical Mormon might send to an inactive family member to get them to "feel the spirit" or rejoin the flock. I may be wrong, but I seriously doubt folks send messages of damnation to their friends and family--expect for the extreme cases.

      Comment

      • Non Sequitur
        Where did I put my bodkin
        • Nov 2008
        • 5773

        #153
        Originally posted by Jacob View Post
        I may be wrong, but I seriously doubt folks send messages of damnation to their friends and family--expect for the extreme cases.
        You've obviously never spent Thanksgiving dinner with me and my family.
        "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

        Comment

        • Indy Coug
          Heartless Bastard
          • Dec 2008
          • 18747

          #154
          I think it's pretty clear this board is full of extreme cases.
          Everything in life is an approximation.

          http://twitter.com/CougarStats

          Comment

          • Blueintheface
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2009
            • 15382

            #155
            Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
            I think it's pretty clear this board is full of extreme cases.
            That's a bit extreme, Indy.
            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

            "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

            Comment

            Working...