Originally posted by SeattleUte
View Post
Are you an "It's either all true or all false" Mormon?
Collapse
X
-
-
You're right. Their gripe is that they think it's a denial of Christ's power and sacrifice to suggest that anything we can do has anything to do with saving us.Originally posted by byu71 View PostAnd why I tell the few Baptists I have let into my home and they push me on the fact that I haven't accepted Christ and believe that we are saved without works, I tell them they are full of crap.
My church teaches all men are saved through Jesus Christ. It is in fact a gift and not received because of our works. What the heck is their gripe?
But they have many other gripes. One is that we do not believe in the true Bibilcal Jesus because of our view of the Godhead and rejction of the triune God. Therefore, we can't be Christians and we can't be saved. Believe me, you can go 'round and 'round with this stuff.“There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
― W.H. Auden
"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
-- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Comment
Comment