BKP on the Priesthood Ban

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PaloAltoCougar
    replied
    Back in the '60s, my mother, who was a wonderful person but harbored some strongly bigoted ideas due to her upbringing, said that the Church couldn't extend the priesthood to those of African descent because the inevitably huge increase in welfare cases would bankrupt the Church. I remember thinking, at age 11 or 12, this made sense. By the time I was 16 or 17 this reasoning was quite depressing to me.

    Leave a comment:


  • SteelBlue
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    We had a GA in our HPG meeting today. He said that he was in a meeting recently with Elder Packer who was addressing with a group of missionaries. Supposedly, Elder Packer said that he didn't know the reason for the priesthood ban but he thought that it might have been because the church was not ready to handle the rapid growth in Africa that is now occurring.

    Wow. I am still scratching my head over that one.
    We'll be hearing "I don't know why" for the rest of our lives.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jeff Lebowski
    started a topic BKP on the Priesthood Ban

    BKP on the Priesthood Ban

    We had a GA in our HPG meeting today. He said that he was in a meeting recently with Elder Packer who was addressing with a group of missionaries. Supposedly, Elder Packer said that he didn't know the reason for the priesthood ban but he thought that it might have been because the church was not ready to handle the rapid growth in Africa that is now occurring.

    Wow. I am still scratching my head over that one.
Working...