Openly gay man called to serve in bishopric

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Portland Ute
    Junior Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 5647

    #61
    Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    Yes, we BYU fans don't tolerate facial hair or people who can't spell judgmental.

    Comment

    • UtahDan
      *
      • Nov 2008
      • 14496

      #62
      I think he has you there Donut. No defence to a dictionary entry. Better just apologise.

      Comment

      • Portland Ute
        Junior Member
        • Dec 2008
        • 5647

        #63
        Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
        I think he has you there Donut. No defence to a dictionary entry. Better just apologise.
        A mere acknowledgement that there was no misspelling in my post will suffice.

        Comment

        • Devildog
          Motor Boatin' SOB
          • Oct 2010
          • 1239

          #64
          I wonder if gay relationships end for the same reasons as straight relationships.

          I'll bet they do.

          "We should remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school."
          -Thucydides

          "Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men."
          -Miyamoto Musashi

          Si vis pacem, para bellum

          Comment

          • DU Ute
            RIP CUF
            • Dec 2008
            • 7393

            #65
            The CB crowd is having a tough time wrapping their brains around this one.
            "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
            "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
            "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

            Comment

            • creekster
              It is NOT a monkey!
              • Nov 2008
              • 22661

              #66
              Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
              I think he has you there Donut. No defence to a dictionary entry. Better just apologise.
              The difference is that unlike your examples the variants on the word at issue are both accepted in the US, albeit with the typical preference for the version without the 'e.'
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

              Comment

              • Viking
                Banned
                • Jun 2009
                • 6470

                #67
                Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                Never. Unless such union is sexless. Evenso...

                Edit: If this is true, I doubt he lasts long. I don't understand how he can be a church leader considering his clear statement that he has recently been, and is unrepentant of, blatant breaking of that sin almost as bad as murder. And he intends to do it again. Doesn't make any sense.
                Almost as bad as murder?? Ponder that for a moment....

                Comment

                • Donuthole
                  Official Outgayer
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 25268

                  #68
                  Originally posted by Portland Ute View Post
                  A mere acknowledgement that there was no misspelling in my post will suffice.
                  Never. Until you researched that, you had no idea you were using the British version of the word. Also, the British version of the word is wrong.
                  Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                  There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                  Comment

                  • Viking
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2009
                    • 6470

                    #69
                    Originally posted by Jacob View Post
                    I'm merely repeating the official doctrine of the church. I didn't say whether I agreed.



                    Really? Did you read his statement?
                    Where did he say he was sexually involved? You have one helluva imagination, Ace!

                    Comment

                    • Viking
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2009
                      • 6470

                      #70
                      Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                      But welcome Viking's tithing!
                      Yes but said tithing shall be calculated as 10% of my year over year change in personal equity (as it should be), not 10% of my total revenue as the rest of you pay!!

                      Comment

                      • DU Ute
                        RIP CUF
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 7393

                        #71
                        Originally posted by Viking View Post
                        Almost as bad as murder?? Ponder that for a moment....
                        I always thought a big part of the reasoning behind that concept was because getting it on out of wedlock is tinkering with the powers of life. If this is the case I don't think gay sex is quite as serious.
                        "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                        "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                        "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

                        Comment

                        • SoonerCoug
                          Joycelyn Elders Supporter
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 4680

                          #72
                          I'll bet this dude becomes sexually active again and stays in his calling, which is fine by me.

                          We had a bishop in my home town that hired hookers and remained bishop for one year after being arrested for attempting to hire an undercover cop hooker while he was on his way home from the statehouse. (He was also a state representative.)

                          His son gave a girl a blessing as they watched her die slowly all night from a methadone overdose rather than call an ambulance to take her to the hospital. (Incidentally, this same son was chosen over me to go to Boys State because he was an Eagle Scout and I wasn't.)

                          I'd dare say that most Mormons would be vastly more appalled by a gay counselor than a bishop who hires hookers.
                          Last edited by SoonerCoug; 08-22-2011, 03:39 PM.
                          That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

                          http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

                          Comment

                          • HawkeyeUte Scads
                            Dalai Lama
                            • Jul 2011
                            • 75

                            #73
                            That didn't last very long.

                            Comment

                            • Portland Ute
                              Junior Member
                              • Dec 2008
                              • 5647

                              #74
                              Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              Never. Until you researched that, you had no idea you were using the British version of the word. Also, the British version of the word is wrong.
                              I'm going to kick you in the fanny.

                              Comment

                              • Portland Ute
                                Junior Member
                                • Dec 2008
                                • 5647

                                #75
                                Originally posted by SoonerCoug View Post
                                I'll bet this dude becomes sexually active again and stays in his calling, which is fine by me.

                                We had a bishop in my home town that hired hookers and remained bishop for one year after being arrested for attempting to hire an undercover cop hooker while he was on his way home from the statehouse. (He was also a state representative.)

                                His son gave a girl a blessing as they watched her die slowly all night from a methadone overdose rather than call an ambulance to take her to the hospital. (Incidentally, this same son was chosen over me to go to Boys State because he was an Eagle Scout and I wasn't.)

                                I'd dare say that most Mormons would be vastly more appalled by a gay counselor than a bishop who hires hookers.
                                Good lord. You and your stories.

                                Comment

                                Working...