mormonstories.org

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ERCougar
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 10978

    #466
    Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
    Does one person really have that much influence over another's decision to walk away? Perhaps, but I'm skeptical.

    I'm sure this will be celebrated by a certain segment, but that will reek of irony.
    The "segment" that should celebrate this are those who are still members of the Church and into apologetics. I'm guessing that SU loves it when Dan Peterson's voice has a platform--just affirms his decision.
    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

    Comment

    • Rosebud
      sledgirl
      • Jun 2009
      • 1363

      #467
      Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
      OK, I'll stop.
      You're very fierce.

      Comment

      • wuapinmon
        Soul Plumber
        • Dec 2008
        • 30711

        #468
        I left the Mormon Stories facebook group just now. About every two or three weeks I used to stick my head in to see where the group's mood was, and I could no longer tolerate the one-sidedness of the discussion.

        MO 2.0 is far better, but it's nothing like what we have here.
        "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
        The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

        Comment

        • Rosebud
          sledgirl
          • Jun 2009
          • 1363

          #469
          Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
          I left the Mormon Stories facebook group just now. About every two or three weeks I used to stick my head in to see where the group's mood was, and I could no longer tolerate the one-sidedness of the discussion.

          MO 2.0 is far better, but it's nothing like what we have here.
          cougjunkie?

          None of these places are right for me and that's cool. Posting gets a little old after a while; it doesnt help that it gets me into trouble, either. It's fun to come back and say hi every once in a while, though.

          Comment

          • LA Ute
            Receiver of Memory
            • Nov 2008
            • 19512

            #470
            Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
            You're very fierce.
            Try as I might, I could never hide that side of my nature from you. Rats.
            “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
            ― W.H. Auden


            "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
            -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


            "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
            --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

            Comment

            • ERCougar
              Junior Member
              • Nov 2008
              • 10978

              #471
              Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
              The "segment" that should celebrate this are those who are still members of the Church and into apologetics. I'm guessing that SU loves it when Dan Peterson's voice has a platform--just affirms his decision.
              Heh.

              At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
              -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

              Comment

              Working...