Just got banned from Cougar Corner

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • KillerDog
    a.k.a. K-dog
    • Feb 2009
    • 4196

    #31
    Quit trying to rationalize your porn usage and just enjoy the pictures of naked girls (or guys if that is your thing).

    Comment

    • taekwondave
      Junior Member
      • Feb 2011
      • 1160

      #32
      Originally posted by creekster View Post
      So you dont mean they are inconsistent, just that the current position is too extreme. Right?
      Um....I think it is as consistent as the Jews limiting their steps to better keep the law of the Sabbath. So...yeah?

      Comment

      • taekwondave
        Junior Member
        • Feb 2011
        • 1160

        #33
        Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
        Quit trying to rationalize your porn usage and just enjoy the pictures of naked girls (or guys if that is your thing).
        Caught me

        Comment

        • taekwondave
          Junior Member
          • Feb 2011
          • 1160

          #34
          Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
          So, basically: a man is responsible his own decisions regardless of whatever decisions women might make? Quite novel .



          What is your interpretation of the currently circulated doctrine?
          Just basically (and correct me here if this hasn't been your experience but it's been mine) that "lusting" after a woman means to prolong looking at her after having received a...sexual arousal from doing so. That doing simply that makes us "adulterers of the heart."

          Now, the way I see it is that if single guys didn't "prolong" the looking at beautiful single girls...little would ever happen. They might as well just stay on their mission, haha. So I would say that most people see nothing really wrong with that.

          But the porn thing. I don't know. When you look at the church's definition of porn, it seems to include what I just mentioned. But just try to define porn. It's not that easy. You can find an exception to every "rule" you try to use to define it. It's why they could never prosecute that Larry Flint guy (Hustler) from what I saw on t.v. Every time the prosecution tried to define it, his lawyer brought up some socially-acceptable, ancient piece of artwork that showed the exact same thing. It's a tough thing. There really is no line. The best anybody can do is the prosecution from that Larry Flint case, which is, "I can't define it, but I know it when I see it." As Saints, we usually use the "follow the spirit" tag line. Frankly, it just seems to me that we're trying too hard, and that's kind of what Jesus tried so hard to do away with from what I've read.

          Comment

          • Rosebud
            sledgirl
            • Jun 2009
            • 1363

            #35
            Originally posted by taekwondave View Post
            Just basically (and correct me here if this hasn't been your experience but it's been mine) that "lusting" after a woman means to prolong looking at her after having received a...sexual arousal from doing so. That doing simply that makes us "adulterers of the heart."
            I can't say I have any experience with lusting after women.

            Originally posted by taekwondave View Post
            Now, the way I see it is that if single guys didn't "prolong" the looking at beautiful single girls...little would ever happen. They might as well just stay on their mission, haha. So I would say that most people see nothing really wrong with that.
            Agreed. How long have you been off your mission?

            Originally posted by taekwondave View Post
            But the porn thing. I don't know. When you look at the church's definition of porn, it seems to include what I just mentioned. But just try to define porn. It's not that easy. You can find an exception to every "rule" you try to use to define it. It's why they could never prosecute that Larry Flint guy (Hustler) from what I saw on t.v. Every time the prosecution tried to define it, his lawyer brought up some socially-acceptable, ancient piece of artwork that showed the exact same thing. It's a tough thing. There really is no line. The best anybody can do is the prosecution from that Larry Flint case, which is, "I can't define it, but I know it when I see it." As Saints, we usually use the "follow the spirit" tag line. Frankly, it just seems to me that we're trying too hard, and that's kind of what Jesus tried so hard to do away with from what I've read.
            Agreed. If the church's definition of porn really does indicate that it's a sin to take 'prolonged' looks at women you're attracted to, my advice would be to disregard the definition and look anyway. Enjoy lots of nice long looks and fun dates. Thats what these years of your life should be about. And don't get married too soon, k?

            Comment

            • taekwondave
              Junior Member
              • Feb 2011
              • 1160

              #36
              Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
              I can't say I have any experience with lusting after women.



              Agreed. How long have you been off your mission?



              Agreed. If the church's definition of porn really does indicate that it's a sin to take 'prolonged' looks at women you're attracted to, my advice would be to disregard the definition and look anyway. Enjoy lots of nice long looks and fun dates. Thats what these years of your life should be about. And don't get married too soon, k?
              Yeah, I'm doing my best to avoid marriage until I'm 35 (I'm 27). I can't tell my girlfriend that, cause she'd dump me, but that's my secret goal

              Comment

              • Donuthole
                Official Outgayer
                • Nov 2008
                • 25267

                #37
                Originally posted by taekwondave View Post
                Yeah, I'm doing my best to avoid marriage until I'm 35 (I'm 27). I can't tell my girlfriend that, cause she'd dump me, but that's my secret goal
                27 and still at BYU? Either you're a grad student, or you're not as bright as you think you are.
                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

                There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

                Comment

                • taekwondave
                  Junior Member
                  • Feb 2011
                  • 1160

                  #38
                  Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                  27 and still at BYU? Either you're a grad student, or you're not as bright as you think you are.
                  In my defense I did disclose this on one my first threads as well as fully admitting to both my ignorance and my totally deplorable progress in school. I do not think I'm bright. I just think. My conclusions I do not defend. I have no excuse for them other than I cannot help them as I have too little information to change them yet.

                  I have a pretty good reason for being this old and only this far in school aside from being a bit of a dolt though. Perhaps sometime it will come out in a thread. But not today.

                  Comment

                  • KillerDog
                    a.k.a. K-dog
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 4196

                    #39
                    Originally posted by taekwondave View Post
                    Caught me
                    On which? I like to know the sexual preferences of all the people on the board.

                    Comment

                    • taekwondave
                      Junior Member
                      • Feb 2011
                      • 1160

                      #40
                      Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                      On which? I like to know the sexual preferences of all the people on the board.
                      Oh right, I should have clarified WHICH porn usage he caught me on. I'm straight.

                      Comment

                      • TexTechCoug
                        Carbonite
                        • Nov 2010
                        • 891

                        #41
                        Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                        On which? I like to know the sexual preferences of all the people on the board.
                        Several people have asked taekwondave, but nobody has asked me. Is it because I am not good-looking?

                        Comment

                        • taekwondave
                          Junior Member
                          • Feb 2011
                          • 1160

                          #42
                          Originally posted by TTCoug View Post
                          Several people have asked taekwondave, but nobody has asked me. Is it because I am not good-looking?
                          No. I think they keep asking me because I said I'm vegan. That always raises eyebrows.

                          Comment

                          • BlueHair
                            Boom Bitches!!!
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 2894

                            #43
                            Originally posted by TTCoug View Post
                            Several people have asked taekwondave, but nobody has asked me. Is it because I am not good-looking?
                            Your homosexuality is so apparent we didn't need to ask. Don't worry, we are a very gay-friendly bunch.
                            Just try it once. One beer or one cigarette or one porno movie won't hurt. - Dallin H. Oaks

                            Comment

                            • Blueintheface
                              Senior Member
                              • Sep 2009
                              • 15382

                              #44
                              Taekwondave = CUF's answer to a question that nobody asked.
                              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

                              "Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

                              Comment

                              • KillerDog
                                a.k.a. K-dog
                                • Feb 2009
                                • 4196

                                #45
                                Originally posted by BlueHair View Post
                                Your homosexuality is so apparent we didn't need to ask. Don't worry, we are a very gay-friendly bunch.
                                This.

                                Comment

                                Working...