Just got banned from Cougar Corner

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • taekwondave
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2011
    • 1160

    #1

    Just got banned from Cougar Corner

    For: 1. Bullying (the moderator. He kept attacking me personally and finally I challenged him to a fight because I knew I wasn't allowed to attack him personally in return, haha. I cited Joseph Smith as my inspiration for that little move.)

    and 2. Anti-mormon behavior. I argued that the meaning of lust and covet were different anciently than they were today and the new meaning is partially responsible for the Church's newfound "war on porn" which I think is way overplayed. Am I an anti-Mormon for that view?

    I know I'm a Mormon. I attend that church. I take that sacrament. I lie to that Bishop. But does any of that make me ANTI-Mormon?
  • Commando
    Explosivo
    • Feb 2009
    • 20748

    #2
    ha ha! I don't even know what Cougar Corner is. Did you shock them with your views on red meat as well?
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

    Comment

    • Donuthole
      Official Outgayer
      • Nov 2008
      • 25267

      #3
      Originally posted by taekwondave View Post
      For: 1. Bullying (the moderator. He kept attacking me personally and finally I challenged him to a fight because I knew I wasn't allowed to attack him personally in return, haha. I cited Joseph Smith as my inspiration for that little move.)

      and 2. Anti-mormon behavior. I argued that the meaning of lust and covet were different anciently than they were today and the new meaning is partially responsible for the Church's newfound "war on porn" which I think is way overplayed. Am I an anti-Mormon for that view?

      I know I'm a Mormon. I attend that church. I take that sacrament. I lie to that Bishop. But does any of that make me ANTI-Mormon?
      That depends on which interpretation of the word "anti" you choose to apply.
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

      There's three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who's got the same first name as a city; and never go near a lady's got a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

      Comment

      • taekwondave
        Junior Member
        • Feb 2011
        • 1160

        #4
        Originally posted by Commando View Post
        ha ha! I don't even know what Cougar Corner is. Did you shock them with your views on red meat as well?
        No. I should try that when they lift the ban
        Last edited by taekwondave; 04-18-2011, 10:20 PM.

        Comment

        • byu71
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 22070

          #5
          Cougar Corner? Is that just around the corner from Cougar Board?

          Comment

          • HuskyFreeNorthwest
            Time to camp
            • Nov 2008
            • 26082

            #6
            It is cool that you are inspired by Joseph Smith to do things. If there is one thing I don't think current Mormonism, has it is claims of inspiration from Brother Joseph.
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

            Comment

            • San Juan Sun
              Kicked to the curb
              • Dec 2009
              • 9214

              #7
              Originally posted by byu71 View Post
              Cougar Corner? Is that just around the corner from Cougar Board?
              Apparently it's a lower traffic version of CB with a vBulletin-like feel. I was unaware of it until this thread appeared.
              "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

              - Ty Cobb

              Comment

              • SCcoug
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 7625

                #8
                My dad likes to lurk at Cougar Corner. I think he said they're all from cougarblue maybe.

                Comment

                • Safetydan
                  New Guy
                  • Dec 2010
                  • 62

                  #9
                  Looks like it all got deleted over there...

                  Elaborate please!

                  Comment

                  • HuskyFreeNorthwest
                    Time to camp
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 26082

                    #10
                    Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
                    Apparently it's a lower traffic version of CB with a vBulletin-like feel. I was unaware of it until this thread appeared.
                    I could have sworn that a year or so ago there was a thread about Cougar Corner. I did a search but can't see, to find the thread.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

                    Comment

                    • falafel
                      loves to talk on things
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 37979

                      #11
                      Looks like or old friend fiyero is spending some time over there, harrassing the neighbors.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

                      Dig your own grave, and save!

                      "The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

                      "I know that you are one of the cool and 'edgy' BYU fans" -- Wally

                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

                      Comment

                      • Solon
                        Lost in the flood
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 5747

                        #12
                        Originally posted by taekwondave View Post
                        I argued that the meaning of lust and covet were different anciently than they were today and the new meaning is partially responsible for the Church's newfound "war on porn" which I think is way overplayed. Am I an anti-Mormon for that view?
                        In what respects do you think the ancient meaning of lust and covet differ from today's meaning(s)?
                        "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
                        -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

                        Comment

                        • SuperGabers
                          aka... UtahDan's Wifey
                          • May 2009
                          • 2182

                          #13
                          Cougar Corner? Sounds kinda pussy to me. Who needs 'em?

                          Comment

                          • Art Vandelay
                            Striving for mediocrity
                            • Jul 2009
                            • 10516

                            #14
                            Originally posted by SuperGabers View Post
                            Cougar Corner? Sounds kinda pussy to me. Who needs 'em?
                            I think I would really like you IRL...and be terrified of you at the same time.

                            Comment

                            • Viking
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2009
                              • 6470

                              #15
                              Originally posted by SuperGabers View Post
                              Cougar Corner? Sounds kinda pussy to me. Who needs 'em?
                              You and Clueless would get along famously.

                              Comment

                              Working...