No announcement yet.

I learned in church today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love is so powerful, someone whose wife sister was an alcoholic as well as her husband. She tragically lost her life I. Auto accident, and her husband a few years later with liver disease brought on by drinking. Talked about how he loved her and her parents did temple work for them. Seems like several boom prophets ad modern apostles disagree.

We don’t deny temple work to people. But we can’t force them on the Celsestial Kingdom they don’t live a Celestial law. Love means we get the highest reward we can. Honorable people who don’t keep all the command,Mets only go to the Terrestial Kingdom. Love helping people that sadly don’t keep the commandments is a Protestant doctrine.

Comment

• Originally posted by grapevine View Post
      Love is so powerful, someone whose wife sister was an alcoholic as well as her husband. She tragically lost her life I. Auto accident, and her husband a few years later with liver disease brought on by drinking. Talked about how he loved her and her parents did temple work for them. Seems like several boom prophets ad modern apostles disagree.

We don’t deny temple work to people. But we can’t force them on the Celsestial Kingdom they don’t live a Celestial law. Love means we get the highest reward we can. Honorable people who don’t keep all the command,Mets only go to the Terrestial Kingdom. Love helping people that sadly don’t keep the commandments is a Protestant doctrine.
      The way I look at it is our job is to love and it's Christ's job to judge. He'll be able to do that with a perfect understanding of each person's context.

Oh and just my opinion, but probably the Mets and Yankees alike are stuck in the Telestial Kingdom.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

The way I look at it is our job is to love and it's Christ's job to judge. He'll be able to do that with a perfect understanding of each person's context.

Oh and just my opinion, but probably the Mets and Yankees Red Socks alike are stuck in the Telestial Kingdom.
        FIFY
        “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Comment

• I get that church buildings are intended to be utilitarian, but generally you see good quality materials and craftsmanship throughout the building. Until you go into a bathroom. They're consistently very uninviting and cold. It’s always 10 degrees colder than everywhere else. The stalls are flimsy and always have huge gaps. The TP is the same quality you’d find in an inner city 7-11 (per recent observation when cleaning the building). It seems like the worst place in the world to #2, which is why I've never done it in my adult life. Brethren it doesn’t have to be this way! Plenty of office buildings have adequate bathrooms that aren't horrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
            I get that church buildings are intended to be utilitarian, but generally you see good quality materials and craftsmanship throughout the building. Until you go into a bathroom. They're consistently very uninviting and cold. It’s always 10 degrees colder than everywhere else. The stalls are flimsy and always have huge gaps. The TP is the same quality you’d find in an inner city 7-11 (per recent observation when cleaning the building). It seems like the worst place in the world to #2, which is why I've never done it in my adult life. Brethren it doesn’t have to be this way! Plenty of office buildings have adequate bathrooms that aren't horrible.
            We have a new agent bishop for our building. He’s been super aggressive in submitting requests to the little app/webpage where you submit issues when something breaks. I wonder how long it’ll take until he realizes most of the stuff will just get ignored or delayed. Our bathrooms are as old as the building but I’ve found that unless the pee smell makes you hurl when you walk in, they won’t get upgraded.

We even had people in our ward say they wouldn’t invite friends to church since the bathrooms are so bad.
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post

We have a new agent bishop for our building. He’s been super aggressive in submitting requests to the little app/webpage where you submit issues when something breaks. I wonder how long it’ll take until he realizes most of the stuff will just get ignored or delayed. Our bathrooms are as old as the building but I’ve found that unless the pee smell makes you hurl when you walk in, they won’t get upgraded.

We even had people in our ward say they wouldn’t invite friends to church since the bathrooms are so bad.
              That sounds like something that needs to get escalated up the chain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

That sounds like something that needs to get escalated up the chain.
                They don't care. If they cared they would hire janitors.

Comment

• t
                  Originally posted by Moliere View Post

We have the same agent bishop as we did last year, but he called a new ward building rep. Lady is crazy. She created a "building team" complete with org charts and contact information for every bishop, clerk, and wbr in that building. She's submitted 22 requests in two months to the facility information portal. She's also taken several of the vacuums home to repair them, without success. I don't know if they were returned. She showed up at every ward's building assignment, which went over like a lead balloon with the actual ward building reps of those wards.

And our supply closet is still full of John Wayne TP (rough, tough, and won't take no crap offa nobody).

Comment

• Even at work we have John Wayne TP so the church bathroom doesn't seem any worse than any other place with industrial TP.

If I'm at church on a Sunday I won't use the bathroom because I'm close enough to home, but if I'm out and about I would rather rip it in a church bathroom than in an inner-city 7-11 or a port-a-pottie. Example: I'm out for a jog and I really need to drop a deuce and I know the stake center is open at 7:00 a.m. in the morning because the basketball dudes are in there - great place for a pit stop.

Comment

• Perhaps my balloon knot is indurated from 6-8 months of wiping exclusively with crumpled Church News circa 1999, but count me among those who would always choose TP that is too coarse over TP that is too soft and leaves residue. (I'm looking at you, Charmin Ultra and Cottonelle).

FWIW, Angel Soft is the best TP out there. Soft enough, but doesn't leave residue. And reasonably priced. #nowyouknow
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• I confess I don't think I'd heard of the balloon knot descriptor until DH's post. I'm embarrassed, enlightened, and amused.

Comment

• I confess I had to look up the word indurated.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                            I confess I had to look up the word indurated.
                            Major props to DH for that nugget. As a pre-teen when the Reader's Digest arrived at our house, I went right to the It Pays to Enrich Your Word Power section and did the test. I always prided myself on my vocabulary, and DH just shattered that. Thanks a lot pal.
                            "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• I'm just saying that it's the 21st century, and bidets have been a feature in the civilized world for a while now. There's no reason for barbarism in our houses of worship.

Comment

• Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post

Major props to DH for that nugget. As a pre-teen when the Reader's Digest arrived at our house, I went right to the It Pays to Enrich Your Word Power section and did the test. I always prided myself on my vocabulary, and DH just shattered that. Thanks a lot pal.
                                Perhaps DH's indurated balloon knot was the product of Word-a-Day toilet paper.

Comment

Working...
                                X