No announcement yet.

I learned in church today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will honor the Elder's Q presidency with the title whenever they get around to honoring their office by actually showing up.
    ::screech:::

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
      I like titles because then I don’t need to remember first names.
      Amen.
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
        I will honor the Elder's Q presidency with the title whenever they get around to honoring their office by actually showing up.
        ::screech:::
        Ha, apparently in this ward the old EQ still had not made ministering assignments and they just barely released the young men’s presidency. I’ll give them props for actually trying to sing the hymns of Zion.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
          Why is that weird?
          If my EQP is not a close friend then I can see calling him President, but I’d still probably just use his first name. For other offices/callings, why would I use president? I don’t call other males “dad” just because they are a dad, I call my father “dad” because he’s my dad. I don’t call the RSP “president” because she’s not my president. I don’t call the DQP “president” because he’s not my president and because he’s 12 years old and can’t keep his shoes tied and his calling consists of parroting whatever his advisor tells him and calling on someone to pray.

Frankly, I think we should just stick to brother and sister as titles as it promotes equality among all and signifies the spiritual family bond that should be magnified between us all.
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
            If my EQP is not a close friend then I can see calling him President, but I’d still probably just use his first name. For other offices/callings, why would I use president? I don’t call other males “dad” just because they are a dad, I call my father “dad” because he’s my dad. I don’t call the RSP “president” because she’s not my president. I don’t call the DQP “president” because he’s not my president and because he’s 12 years old and can’t keep his shoes tied and his calling consists of parroting whatever his advisor tells him and calling on someone to pray.

Frankly, I think we should just stick to brother and sister as titles as it promotes equality among all and signifies the spiritual family bond that should be magnified between us all.
            What would you call this guy?

webRNS-Pope-Francis1-091719.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9917[/ATTACH]
              Frank.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I think there are a lot of weird things about the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the insistence on using titles when referring to people in those offices is not one of them.
                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

My EQP is a good friend and I call him President mostly because I know it bugs him.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9917[/ATTACH]
                    Not Holy Father

Comment

Oh you're one of THOSE guys!

not-my-president.jpg

Comment

• I see the same thing at work. When someone gets promoted and placed in a leadership position over their peers, or when someone is made an officer, people who were formerly on first name basis have a hard time giving it up for various reasons.

Comment

So you wouldn't call President Macron president because he's not your president?
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            So you wouldn't call President Macron president because he's not your president?
                            My relationship with my bishop is not at the same level as my relationship with President Macron. Try again.

Comment

My relationship with my bishop is not at the same level as my relationship with President Macron. Try again.
                              Man, you are dense. We aren't talking about your Bishop (who IS your Bishop). We are talking about the Relief Society President, the Deacon's Quorum President, etc., who "are not your president". According to your own words, you will only afford respect to the people in your direct chain of command who also aren't your personal friends. And, apparently, maybe not even them.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                                Man, you are dense. We aren't talking about your Bishop (who IS your Bishop). We are talking about the Relief Society President, the Deacon's Quorum President, etc., who "are not your president". According to your own words, you will only afford respect to the people in your direct chain of command who also aren't your personal friends. And, apparently, maybe not even them.
                                When my wife was RS pres, I only addressed her as "President" ... even at home. Kind of awkward, but I wanted to teach my kids respect for the office.
                                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Working...
                                X