I learned in church today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
    This was last Sunday since this Sunday consisted mostly of sweating my ass off in record temps standing in line for Mickey's f'ing Fun Wheel.

By some lapse in judgement, I sat through Gospel Doctrine. The lesson covered the Acts portion of the stoning of Stephen. The point was made that with the ministry of Christ, the leadership within the Scribes and Pharisees were so in trenched in their traditions and history that they couldn't accept a new version of the gospel. They were so afraid of this movement that they aggressively sought out the disciples of Christ, like Stephen, and killed them. This is exactly why it is SO important to listen to and follow the prophet.
    Ouch. Rough weekend for that.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• The Sabbath Day Reclamation Project continues. Amongst other advice, women should make a delicious meal, but this should primarily be prepared on Saturday.
      "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
        The Sabbath Day Reclamation Project continues. Amongst other advice, women should make a delicious meal, but this should primarily be prepared on Saturday.
        Saturday is a special day.
        "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
          The Sabbath Day Reclamation Project continues. Amongst other advice, women should make a delicious meal, but this should primarily be prepared on Saturday.
          uh oh. my family is screwed.

I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

• I heard that one of our high ranking members was delivering sermons in two wards on sabbath observance today. Perhaps he can return and report.
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

Comment

• I have to give a youth in our ward $100 for saying "what the heck" and quoting a stand up comedian and a band in his farewell talk.
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

Comment

• Sabbath lesson in EQ!
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                  I have to give a youth in our ward $100 for saying "what the heck" and quoting a stand up comedian and a band in his farewell talk.
                  That's awesome. Nice work!

Should only count if the comedian and band are a little bit edgy though.

Brian Regan, Jim Gaffigan and their ilk shouldn't count since Mormons uniformly love those guys.

Comment

• Comedian was Gaffigan but band was Chili Peppers so I accepted it.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

Comedian was Gaffigan but band was Chili Peppers so I accepted it.
                      Was the Gaffigan quote the one about meeting a male hooker at McD's?
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        Was the Gaffigan quote the one about meeting a male hooker at McD's?
                        Surely it was the one about heaven being in a gated community.
                        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• I just hope that you used a donation slip to keep it official.
                          I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Comedian was Gaffigan but band was Chili Peppers so I accepted it.
                            No doubt there was not a dry eye in the building after some inspirational stanza from Sir Psycho Sexy.
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• I don't think I like this. The fact that Emma was most definitely not okay with Joseph's polygamy makes me feel like she wasn't exactly an equal to her husband.

Comment

• Walking side by side. By side. By side. By side. By side...
                                I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Working...
                                X