LDS Garments: Why I Want Out of This Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These are all god points.

Hmm... I wonder why people wear garments.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      These are all god points.

Hmm... I wonder why people wear garments.
      I have no problem with garments... if they had a tank top (or even a v-neck) and more of a french cut in the bottoms I would even wear them more often.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
        i'm totally sympathetic to the cost thing, but costco sells a 4 pack of boxer briefs for $12 that are much higher quality than any current beehive offering. and even if cost was a little higher, current lifespan of garments is insanely low.

it's far more of a comfort thing than a look thing for me, but i do prefer that my garments not hang out of the bottom of my reasonable length shorts. if i get them short enough for that to be the case, the waist is too small.
        I get a good 15 years out of my g's.... Of course I have more than three pair.... maybe you should just get more and let them last longer....

Just trying to help.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Its almost like the Church is trying to keep them affordable or something.

also lol @ people worried about what they look like in their underwear.
          Because the rest of the world is struggling to pay for their own underwear not made by the church?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
            They are the best materials and highest quality workmanship you can get from a Venezualan sweatshop
            LOL.
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
              Because the rest of the world is struggling to pay for their own underwear not made by the church?
              That doesn't make any sense.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• I stand by my G quality comment. I've only had two types of G bottoms: the 50/50 boxer brief type and the compressions shorts. The compression shorts are crap. But the 50/50 boxer briefs last me years. My Fruit of the Loom Aaronic's boxer briefs used to last me 6-9 months.

I could definitely see how the higher end stuff that are advertised on podcasts could have changed the telestial undie game in the last 20 years, but I'll never know.
                Last edited by Green Monstah; 01-25-2018, 08:09 AM.
                Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• If I ever meet GM you can bet I’m going to plan ahead and wear something that he won’t be able to tell if I’m wearing G’s or not. He’ll keep looking tho.
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                    If I ever meet GM you can bet I’m going to plan ahead and wear something that he won’t be able to tell if I’m wearing G’s or not. He’ll keep looking tho.
                    I already have you pegged as one of those "order-the-short-garments so I can wear Seljaas-length shorts" types of guy.
                    Last edited by Green Monstah; 01-25-2018, 08:41 AM.
                    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                      I stand by my G quality comment. I've only had two types of G bottoms: the 50/50 boxer brief type and the compressions shorts. The compression shorts are crap. But the 50/50 boxer briefs last me years. My Fruit of the Loom Aaronic's boxer briefs used to last me 6-9 months.

I could definitely see how the higher end stuff that are advertised on podcasts could have changed the telestial undie game in the last 20 years, but I'll never know.
                      My garments rarely fall apart but that’s not the only indicator of quality. I don’t like the fit and the material tends to chafe. I do like the dri-lux tops. Good fit and good quality undershirt, but I hate wearing a shirt under a t shirt. I will generally just wear mesh tops with a t shirt, but I have to shorten the sleeves of the mesh top so they don’t hang out of the t shirt sleeve. To shorten them, I just cut most of the sleeve off with scissors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Its almost like the Church is trying to keep them affordable or something.

also lol @ people worried about what they look like in their underwear.
                        It's kind of like when I was painting for a summer in Provo. My boss had a solid contract with the church, and a lot of our work was repainting the indoors of chapels. I was working with the same shade of white almost every day. My life was bland. That all changed the next summer when I found work with another painter, and we were doing more residential painting. The addition of pigment to my work brightened my day, and made me almost forget I was a painter with a college degree.

So yeah, I don't wear white underwear anymore. And I never paint anything white, except for my ceilings.
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                          It's kind of like when I was painting for a summer in Provo. My boss had a solid contract with the church, and a lot of our work was repainting the indoors of chapels. I was working with the same shade of white almost every day. My life was bland. That all changed the next summer when I found work with another painter, and we were doing more residential painting. The addition of pigment to my work brightened my day, and made me almost forget I was a painter with a college degree.

So yeah, I don't wear white underwear anymore. And I never paint anything white, except for my ceilings.
                          https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/62088a1...9-fe7f2f08c25c
                          Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                          -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                          -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

Haha.

You are so sophisticated now with your non-white underwear!

Comment

• What a bunch of wimps. Chafing? Boring COLOR? It's freaking underwear. It's reasonably durable. It's functional. It's affordable. And you're not wearing it because it was the best selection at Target; there is a purpose.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• You can get non-white G’s. Welcome back NWC!
                                Get confident, stupid
                                -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                                X