Worship of Diety

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • wuapinmon
    Soul Plumber
    • Dec 2008
    • 30711

    #16
    Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
    Yes, nothing denotes kindness as much as calling someone a dipshit.
    "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
    The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

    Comment

    • I.J. Reilly
      Nobody's Fool
      • Apr 2009
      • 2949

      #17
      Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
      Yes, nothing denotes kindness as much as calling someone a dipshit.
      I will give this an lol (although it was more of a chuckle, but lol does the job.)

      Comment

      • RobinFinderson
        Banned
        • Nov 2008
        • 10548

        #18
        Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
        Yes, nothing denotes kindness as much as calling someone a dipshit.
        Calling someone a dipshit, if they are being a dipshit, isn't really that unkind.

        Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
        Uggh! I hate that photo. Please, never post it again. It makes me want to puke.

        Comment

        • il Padrino Ute
          Junior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 19161

          #19
          Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
          Calling someone a dipshit, if they are being a dipshit, isn't really that unkind.
          I disagree, as of out of kindness, I refrain from calling you what I really think you are.
          "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


          "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

          Comment

          • RobinFinderson
            Banned
            • Nov 2008
            • 10548

            #20
            Originally posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
            I disagree, as of out of kindness, I refrain from calling you what I really think you are.
            Maybe calling someone a dipshit is a little bit unkind, but by the social norms of message boards, it doesn't really stand out enough to justify calling someone out for it. And besides, one needn't embody a quality in order to believe in it as an ideal.

            Comment

            • Jarid in Cedar
              CS Institutional Memory
              • Jun 2009
              • 13234

              #21
              Originally posted by Babs View Post
              Mankind has a fundamental and innate need to worship. They do it instinctively. .
              I disagree. I think we have a need to be devoted to a cause/person, but I can't say that I have ever been overwhelmed with the need to worship/idolize.
              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

              "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

              "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

              -Rick Majerus

              Comment

              • RobinFinderson
                Banned
                • Nov 2008
                • 10548

                #22
                Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                I disagree. I think we have a need to be devoted to a cause/person, but I can't say that I have ever been overwhelmed with the need to worship/idolize.
                That is because we have yet to meet in person.

                Comment

                • Babs
                  Not a Lawyer
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 17128

                  #23
                  Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
                  This sounds like a Starship video:

                  YouTube- We Built This City - Starship (HQ Audio)
                  We had a discussion of that song the first week I joined CG. IIRC, it's one of creekster's favorites.

                  Comment

                  • Babs
                    Not a Lawyer
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 17128

                    #24
                    Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                    I disagree. I think we have a need to be devoted to a cause/person, but I can't say that I have ever been overwhelmed with the need to worship/idolize.
                    yikes. I'm a little concerned that you took that post straight.

                    I do think that man has a fundamental need to acknowledge and revere something greater than himself.

                    Comment

                    • il Padrino Ute
                      Junior Member
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 19161

                      #25
                      Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                      Maybe calling someone a dipshit is a little bit unkind, but by the social norms of message boards, it doesn't really stand out enough to justify calling someone out for it. And besides, one needn't embody a quality in order to believe in it as an ideal.
                      No, it's a tactic of a bully. And bullies are not kind.
                      "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                      "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                      Comment

                      • Jarid in Cedar
                        CS Institutional Memory
                        • Jun 2009
                        • 13234

                        #26
                        Originally posted by Babs View Post
                        yikes. I'm a little concerned that you took that post straight.

                        I do think that man has a fundamental need to acknowledge and revere something greater than himself.
                        I took it straight as I have heard that sentiment on several occasions.
                        "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

                        "They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

                        "I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

                        -Rick Majerus

                        Comment

                        • RobinFinderson
                          Banned
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 10548

                          #27
                          Originally posted by Babs View Post
                          yikes. I'm a little concerned that you took that post straight.

                          I do think that man has a fundamental need to acknowledge and revere something greater than himself.
                          Unless you are an alpha dog, and then the fundamental need is to be revered as someone greater than others.

                          Comment

                          • Babs
                            Not a Lawyer
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 17128

                            #28
                            Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                            Unless you are an alpha dog, and then the fundamental need is to be revered as someone greater than others.
                            some of us have both.

                            Comment

                            • creekster
                              It is NOT a monkey!
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 22661

                              #29
                              Originally posted by Babs View Post
                              We had a discussion of that song the first week I joined CG. IIRC, it's one of creekster's favorites.
                              I almost never use those little smilies, but this makes me want to use the one that pukes.
                              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                              Comment

                              • Babs
                                Not a Lawyer
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 17128

                                #30
                                Originally posted by creekster View Post
                                I almost never use those little smilies, but this makes me want to use the one that pukes.
                                this one? or this one?

                                Comment

                                Working...