Opening prayer tomorrow

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SuperGabers
    aka... UtahDan's Wifey
    • May 2009
    • 2182

    #16
    Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
    I've been asked to give the opening prayer tomorrow in Sacrament meeting. If I said "bless us this Super Sunday" would that be out of line?
    Oh do it! Please do it!

    Comment

    • FN Phat
      I ♥ gateway sex
      • Feb 2009
      • 8691

      #17
      Originally posted by Surfah View Post
      Wait, you mean in your ward you get asked to give the prayer in sacrament meeting before you even get to church?
      They are trying to get Viking to church on time, knowing that when the weather breaks he will be on the road or the greens!
      I'm your huckleberry.


      "I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

      Comment

      • RC Vikings
        Known Heterosexual
        • Nov 2008
        • 8789

        #18
        Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
        They are trying to get Viking to church on time, knowing that when the weather breaks he will be on the road or the greens!
        We must have been in the same ward for a while.

        I like everyone's comments especially that no one gets hurt but I'm wondering about throwing in some word that only a true hard core football fan would understand.

        Comment

        • grapevine
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2009
          • 1992

          #19
          When the RAiders were playing in the Super Bowl I was asked to give the opening prayer in Sacrament meeting. Since they are my team I was templted to ask to help the Raiders win the Super Bowl that will go over well. Maybe I can pray also that there will be somewhat of a storm tomorrow so I have an excuse not to go to a Stake Priesthood Meeting or get somewhat sick. I called my brother who just had a baby to see if I had an excuse to go over there.

          He is not blessing her tommorrow but if he did they have early church. Maybe say I need to spend the day indoctrinating my niece about the Raiders, Celtics, Jazz Cougars and other teams and getting to know her better. ANy excuse to get out of meeting besides flat out not going to hear some newly called or recently returned missionaries, plus a bishop or young mens presidency member or two, maybe High Councilor and Stake Presidency speak.

          Speaking of asking before you pray there were times I forgot I was to give the prayer and looking around for the guy to go up oops I am the go to go up. And there have been times no warning the member of the bishopric said the closing prayer will be given by grapevine. But can anyone top this off the trifecta I was once asked to give either an opening or closing prayer in Priesthood Meeting, Sunday School and Sacrament meeting. Anyone ever do that.

          We used to always have our STake Priesthood Meetings on Thursday recently been on Sunday. SP member said he has been getting grief for it but that was the only open date they had was during the Super Bowl. Oh Well if worse comes to worse there is always a thing called a dvr. And I also can hear about what I missed in the Stake Priesthood Meeting.

          Comment

          • Surfah
            Where's Wallace?
            • Nov 2008
            • 33726

            #20
            Originally posted by grapevine View Post
            When the RAiders were playing in the Super Bowl I was asked to give the opening prayer in Sacrament meeting. Since they are my team I was templted to ask to help the Raiders win the Super Bowl that will go over well. Maybe I can pray also that there will be somewhat of a storm tomorrow so I have an excuse not to go to a Stake Priesthood Meeting or get somewhat sick. I called my brother who just had a baby to see if I had an excuse to go over there.

            He is not blessing her tommorrow but if he did they have early church. Maybe say I need to spend the day indoctrinating my niece about the Raiders, Celtics, Jazz Cougars and other teams and getting to know her better. ANy excuse to get out of meeting besides flat out not going to hear some newly called or recently returned missionaries, plus a bishop or young mens presidency member or two, maybe High Councilor and Stake Presidency speak.

            Speaking of asking before you pray there were times I forgot I was to give the prayer and looking around for the guy to go up oops I am the go to go up. And there have been times no warning the member of the bishopric said the closing prayer will be given by grapevine. But can anyone top this off the trifecta I was once asked to give either an opening or closing prayer in Priesthood Meeting, Sunday School and Sacrament meeting. Anyone ever do that.

            We used to always have our STake Priesthood Meetings on Thursday recently been on Sunday. SP member said he has been getting grief for it but that was the only open date they had was during the Super Bowl. Oh Well if worse comes to worse there is always a thing called a dvr. And I also can hear about what I missed in the Stake Priesthood Meeting.


            Grapevine's a member of Raider Nation! Just win baby!
            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
            -Turtle
            sigpic

            Comment

            • Surfah
              Where's Wallace?
              • Nov 2008
              • 33726

              #21
              Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
              We must have been in the same ward for a while.

              I like everyone's comments especially that no one gets hurt but I'm wondering about throwing in some word that only a true hard core football fan would understand.
              Hmmmm....

              End around
              Spiral
              Blitz
              Checkdown
              Reads
              Dog pile
              Max protect
              Motion
              Reception


              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

              Comment

              • scandell
                Life Glitcher
                • Nov 2009
                • 236

                #22
                Originally posted by scottie View Post
                I wonder what the history is on "no harm or accident" in Mormon culture.
                hmm...perhaps a long ass pioneer trek across the plains of america.

                Comment

                • Fiyero
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 5266

                  #23
                  Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                  (P)((Pj•Dj)->~(x)(Px->~Dx))

                  With j=Jesus and D=is divine, it says that Given that Jesus is divine, whatsoever predicate that truthfully applies to Jesus must be compatible with divinity. So one cannot argue that any predicate applicable to Jesus is inapplicable to God the Father by virtue of its being incompatible with divinity. This is true of all predicates. Instances for which this proof is relevant include: corporeality, passibility, temporality, ability to learn, and of course scoring touchdowns.

                  That would have been a great photo for this article:

                  Comment

                  • All-American
                    Right, as Usual
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 15674

                    #24
                    They asked me to give the prayer. I asked a blessing on the saints. I probably owe Austin and Aaron an apology.
                    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                    Comment

                    • LA Ute
                      Receiver of Memory
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 19512

                      #25
                      Originally posted by All-American View Post
                      They asked me to give the prayer. I asked a blessing on the saints. I probably owe Austin and Aaron an apology.
                      You may well be the reason that magic didn't happen this time.
                      “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                      ― W.H. Auden


                      "God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                      -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons


                      "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                      --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

                      Comment

                      • il Padrino Ute
                        Junior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 19161

                        #26
                        Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
                        That would have been a great photo for this article:
                        http://www.utefans.net/message.php?id=212137
                        Thanks for reminding me about that one. Too funny.
                        "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy; its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill


                        "I only know what I hear on the news." - Dear Leader

                        Comment

                        Working...