$12 per member?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cougjunkie
    *Banned*
    • Nov 2008
    • 23223

    #1

    $12 per member?

    Our 2nd counselor told us on Sunday that they determine the ward budget by taking the average of how many active members you have throughout the year and multiplying that by $12 per member.

    Anyone know if this $12 number is true or did he just pull it out of ________?
    *Banned*
  • Jeff Lebowski
    Corporate lackey for Jesus
    • Nov 2008
    • 69703

    #2
    Sounds way too low. There is a $50 per person allocation just for the youth in the ward, in addition to the regular budget.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

    Comment

    • Art Vandelay
      Striving for mediocrity
      • Jul 2009
      • 10516

      #3
      Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      Our 2nd counselor told us on Sunday that they determine the ward budget by taking the average of how many active members you have throughout the year and multiplying that by $12 per member.

      Anyone know if this $12 number is true or did he just pull it out of ________?
      That is how much the ward is allocated per quarter for every person, young, old, or dead attending sacrament meeting. In addition the ward is given $12.50 for every youth 12-18 and something like $6.25 for primary aged children 8-11 quarterly.

      Comment

      • LiveCoug
        LA Ute loves me
        • Nov 2008
        • 18488

        #4
        Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
        That is how much the ward is allocated per quarter for every person, young, old, or dead attending sacrament meeting. In addition the ward is given $12.50 for every youth 12-18 and something like $6.25 for primary aged children 8-11 quarterly.

        So each adult gets 50 bucks per year??? And what do I personally get for that 50 bucks? Soup at the ward christmas party?

        Where does the money go?

        Comment

        • Jacob
          Junior Member
          • Oct 2009
          • 6801

          #5
          Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
          So each adult gets 50 bucks per year??? And what do I personally get for that 50 bucks? Soup at the ward christmas party?

          Where does the money go?
          No. You actually have to bring a salad or a jello to get some of that soup.

          All the $ goes to the youth and the relief society. And paper plates and tablecloths for the ward christmas party.

          Comment

          • Indy Coug
            Heartless Bastard
            • Dec 2008
            • 18747

            #6
            Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
            Where does the money go?
            To the Relief Society. The EQ gets enough money to cover the cost of a couple of gallons of ice cream after each Priesthood Session of GC.
            Everything in life is an approximation.

            http://twitter.com/CougarStats

            Comment

            • Art Vandelay
              Striving for mediocrity
              • Jul 2009
              • 10516

              #7
              Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
              So each adult gets 50 bucks per year??? And what do I personally get for that 50 bucks? Soup at the ward christmas party?

              Where does the money go?
              In my ward you actually would get less that that, as I tend to give the youth all of their money plus some of the adults. I can't speak for other wards, but for mine some of the expenditures through year are.
              • Ward Parties
              • Office/Building Supplies
              • Father and Son Campout (we provide all the food)
              • RS does take a big chunk for their myriad of activities
              • Flowers-Candy for Mothers and Fathers Day


              I allow a fund raiser for scout camp. If you ward does not (it is optional as per CHOI) and you have very many scouts at all, that will eat up most of the yearly budget.

              Comment

              • kccougar
                9262
                • Nov 2008
                • 7020

                #8
                Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                So each adult gets 50 bucks per year??? And what do I personally get for that 50 bucks? Soup at the ward christmas party?

                Where does the money go?
                Why are you looking for money from your church?
                "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

                Comment

                • Jeff Lebowski
                  Corporate lackey for Jesus
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 69703

                  #9
                  We have close to 500 active members in our ward. I am guessing that works out to about 100-125 families. Our entire annual budget would be easily covered by the tithing from 2-3 families. I imagine that building costs are the main expense, but it is still interesting.

                  It would be fascinating to see a detailed analysis of church finances and how the money is distributed.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                  Comment

                  • marsupial
                    Mississippi Queen
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 3678

                    #10
                    12 bucks is about how much we get per child in Primary (that doesn't include money set aside for scouts or achievement days). That goes for four activities per year, then baptism gifts, CTR rings and glue, paper, crayons, markers, stickers and birthday cards and stamps.
                    What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                    -Teenage Dirtbag

                    Comment

                    • RC Vikings
                      Known Heterosexual
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 8789

                      #11
                      Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                      So each adult gets 50 bucks per year??? And what do I personally get for that 50 bucks? Soup at the ward christmas party?

                      Where does the money go?
                      Have you seen that white building in Draper yet?

                      Comment

                      • LiveCoug
                        LA Ute loves me
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 18488

                        #12
                        Originally posted by kccougar View Post
                        Why are you looking for money from your church?
                        Hey, I put in 3 hours every sunday, I should get something. I've earned that!!!!

                        Comment

                        • LiveCoug
                          LA Ute loves me
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 18488

                          #13
                          Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                          Have you seen that white building in Draper yet?
                          The ward budget pays for temples now? cool!

                          Comment

                          • kccougar
                            9262
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 7020

                            #14
                            Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                            So each adult gets 50 bucks per year??? And what do I personally get for that 50 bucks? Soup at the ward christmas party?

                            Where does the money go?
                            The Church pays for A LOT of buildings and those expenses never show up in the ward budget.
                            "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

                            Comment

                            • LiveCoug
                              LA Ute loves me
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 18488

                              #15
                              By the way, I really don't think the church owes me anything, I just wondered what the ward budget really payed for. AV answered me.

                              Comment

                              Working...