If the church is true...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • LiveCoug
    LA Ute loves me
    • Nov 2008
    • 18488

    #16
    Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    Don't worry. It's not true.
    You are sooooooo effed.

    Comment

    • Indy Coug
      Heartless Bastard
      • Dec 2008
      • 18747

      #17
      I don't get too into the kingdom thing, just as long as I have a front row on the Neener Mezzanine.
      Everything in life is an approximation.

      http://twitter.com/CougarStats

      Comment

      • Commando
        Explosivo
        • Feb 2009
        • 20748

        #18
        ok you just destroyed that.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

        Comment

        • Goatnapper'96
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 10924

          #19
          This is one of the funniest things I have ever read in my life.
          Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
          -General George S. Patton

          I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
          -DOCTOR Wuap

          Comment

          • RobinFinderson
            Banned
            • Nov 2008
            • 10548

            #20
            Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
            Here is where you have gone astray Robin, your Telestial body can't reproduce and probably won't come equipped with genitalia. So no orgy for you. All this as an ironic consequence of holding fast to the rod of the flesh.
            It will be sort of like the sixties, when everyone was too stoned to enjoy sex, but that didn't stop them from trying. We will be grinding our barbie parts in orgiastic political protest.

            Comment

            • dabrockster
              Senior Member
              • Aug 2009
              • 10947

              #21
              FRICK!! Beat me to it....

              Comment

              • Fiyero
                Banned
                • Nov 2008
                • 5266

                #22
                Robin, here's a hypothetical:

                As a former member of the church, you are aware of what the church teaches concerning the second coming of Christ and life during the millennium. So let us suppose, just hypothetically, that things do come to pass precisely as you remember being taught. And although you parted ways with the church, you were deemed "worthy" to remain here based on your good works, humanitarian efforts, and living a peaceable life. At that point in time, would it change your religious outlook?

                Comment

                • RobinFinderson
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 10548

                  #23
                  Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
                  Robin, here's a hypothetical:

                  As a former member of the church, you are aware of what the church teaches concerning the second coming of Christ and life during the millennium. So let us suppose, just hypothetically, that things do come to pass precisely as you remember being taught. And although you parted ways with the church, you were deemed "worthy" to remain here based on your good works, humanitarian efforts, and living a peaceable life. At that point in time, would it change your religious outlook?
                  If I were in a position of privilege, for the reasons you note, I would don my Guy Fawkes mask and plant powder kegs below Christ's palace. If the God of the cosmos turns out to be the God of Mormonism, then I would ply my efforts against Him the same as if I had been born a slave to a 'kind' master. Mormonism could be true, but it would still be wrong.
                  Last edited by RobinFinderson; 02-03-2010, 01:19 PM.

                  Comment

                  • Indy Coug
                    Heartless Bastard
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 18747

                    #24
                    Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                    Mormonism could be true, but it would still be wrong.
                    LOL
                    Everything in life is an approximation.

                    http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                    Comment

                    • dabrockster
                      Senior Member
                      • Aug 2009
                      • 10947

                      #25
                      RF: You crack me..

                      Comment

                      • Hallelujah
                        Junior Member
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 2741

                        #26
                        Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                        RF: You crack me..

                        Both SU and RF. Exhibit A as to mormons who left the church but can't leave the church alone. If they are wrong, they will have to deal with the consequences. That's their agency. Great plan isn't it?

                        Comment

                        • clackamascoug
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2009
                          • 9709

                          #27
                          Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                          I understand though you can visit a lower kingdom from a higher kingdom. Can your friends from the higher kingdom bring their balls with them when they visit.
                          Would those be conjugal balls?

                          I guess the good news for all, is that it beats the crap out of this kingdom. We'd kill ourselves to get to the telestial kingdom, or there's nothing. Both choices are OK.


                          (BTW what is the name of the kingdom we're in now?)

                          Comment

                          • dabrockster
                            Senior Member
                            • Aug 2009
                            • 10947

                            #28
                            Originally posted by Hallelujah View Post
                            Both SU and RF. Exhibit A as to mormons who left the church but can't leave the church alone. If they are wrong, they will have to deal with the consequences. That's their agency. Great plan isn't it?
                            I still like him, even though he is a commie bastard...

                            Look RF may have left and he dislikes the church on some levels, but that is his choice.. I still like to chat with him (And am secretly BRT'ing him in hopes to bring him back to the fold.. I think that will get me straight to CK.. J/K RF).. He's like many of my friends who are not members.. He pokes more then they do, but it is all in good fun...

                            Comment

                            • BlueHair
                              Boom Bitches!!!
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 2894

                              #29
                              Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
                              If I were in a position of privilege, for the reasons you note, I would don my Guy Fawkes mask and plant powder kegs below Christ's palace. If the God of the cosmos turns out to be the God of Mormonism, then I would ply my efforts against Him the same as if I had been born a slave to a 'kind' master. Mormonism could be true, but it would still be wrong.
                              I've always wondered why people start with the assumption that God is good. What if he isn't? What if he created us to torture us? His followers have done, and continue to do horrible things in his name. Also, if you believe the Bible, he is a mass-murderer.
                              Just try it once. One beer or one cigarette or one porno movie won't hurt. - Dallin H. Oaks

                              Comment

                              • UtahDan
                                *
                                • Nov 2008
                                • 14496

                                #30
                                Originally posted by BlueHair View Post
                                I've always wondered why people start with the assumption that God is good. What if he isn't? What if he created us to torture us? His followers have done, and continue to do horrible things in his name. Also, if you believe the Bible, he is a mass-murderer.
                                I don't know, but it is certainly interesting that different peoples at different times seem to see God as being like them, and these conceptions can vary wildly.

                                Comment

                                Working...