Unusual sexual discussion in Church

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • pellegrino
    miserere me
    • Jan 2009
    • 12100

    #16
    Originally posted by creekster View Post
    I am sure it is always the wmoan's fault.
    I'm beginning to think that you misspell things on purpose sometimes. Intended or not, it's brilliant.
    Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
    God forgives many things for an act of mercy
    Alessandro Manzoni

    Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

    pelagius

    Comment

    • UtahDan
      *
      • Nov 2008
      • 14496

      #17
      Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      I can think of one form of religious manipulation that really bugs me. I hate it when you are in the middle of some kind of leadership meeting and somebody pulls out the "but I prayed about it and this is what we supposed to do" trump card as a last ditch effort to rescue a particularly bad idea.

      Of course, the worst form of this as a tool of manipulation is "I have prayed about it and you are supposed to be my wife."
      The only feelings my girls need to worry about are mine. They will be schooled to ask themselves "how will Dad feel about this." If that thought conjures anything other than singing angel, the answer is no.

      Comment

      • Babs
        Not a Lawyer
        • Nov 2008
        • 17128

        #18
        Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
        The only feelings my girls need to worry about are mine. They will be schooled to ask themselves "how will Dad feel about this." If that thought conjures anything other than singing angel, the answer is no.
        Oh, now THAT's going to be real helpful in marriage.

        Comment

        • wuapinmon
          Soul Plumber
          • Dec 2008
          • 30711

          #19
          I think the etymology of 'manipulation' make this conversation even more interesting.
          "Wuap's "problem" is that he is smart & principled & committed to a moral course of action. His actions are supposed to reflect his ethical code.
          The rest of us rarely bother to think about our actions." --Solon

          Comment

          • Viking
            Banned
            • Jun 2009
            • 6470

            #20
            Sex in church is always uncomfortable.

            Comment

            • UtahDan
              *
              • Nov 2008
              • 14496

              #21
              Originally posted by Babs View Post
              Oh, now THAT's going to be real helpful in marriage.
              I'll pay for the therapy. Its worth it.

              Comment

              • UtahDan
                *
                • Nov 2008
                • 14496

                #22
                Originally posted by Viking View Post
                Sex in church is always uncomfortable.
                When you use words like "always" it is just too easy to disagree. How about substituting "can be" for "is always?" Have you ever sat on one of those Relief Society chairs?

                Comment

                • byu71
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 22070

                  #23
                  Originally posted by Viking View Post
                  Sex in church is always uncomfortable.
                  I am not so sure. I have had quite a few situations where my spirit was uplifted.

                  Comment

                  • SoCalCoug
                    Ragnar Lodbrok Descendant
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 5214

                    #24
                    I've got to say I think I know where Indy's first question came from. When the discussion turned from masturbation to manipulation of women, I had a totally different picture of the conversation than how it turned out.
                    If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

                    "Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

                    "Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

                    Comment

                    • Indy Coug
                      Heartless Bastard
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 18747

                      #25
                      Originally posted by Viking View Post
                      Sex in church is always uncomfortable.
                      You apparently don't have keys to the mother's lounge.
                      Last edited by Indy Coug; 02-02-2010, 03:26 PM.
                      Everything in life is an approximation.

                      http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                      Comment

                      • Tim
                        Not Banned
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 4390

                        #26
                        Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                        I think the etymology of 'manipulation' make this conversation even more interesting.
                        Go on...
                        Visca Catalunya Lliure

                        Comment

                        • Viking
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 6470

                          #27
                          Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                          You apparently don't have keys to the mother's lounge.
                          No. But I don't think I could ever get it on knowing how much lactating and dirty diaper changing occurs there.

                          Comment

                          • Indy Coug
                            Heartless Bastard
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 18747

                            #28
                            Originally posted by Viking View Post
                            No. But I don't think I could ever get it on knowing how much lactating and dirty diaper changing occurs there.
                            So your house doesn't get much utility either?


                            Everything in life is an approximation.

                            http://twitter.com/CougarStats

                            Comment

                            • Viking
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2009
                              • 6470

                              #29
                              Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                              So your house doesn't get much utility either?


                              not with my MIL around in a 3 bedroom apt on the upper west side. buzzkill.

                              Comment

                              • I.J. Reilly
                                Nobody's Fool
                                • Apr 2009
                                • 2949

                                #30
                                Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                I can think of one form of religious manipulation that really bugs me. I hate it when you are in the middle of some kind of leadership meeting and somebody pulls out the "but I prayed about it and this is what we supposed to do" trump card as a last ditch effort to rescue a particularly bad idea.

                                Of course, the worst form of this as a tool of manipulation is "I have prayed about it and you are supposed to be my wife."
                                This is when you just bust out D&C 121:41 and tell them that you will know that it is a true revelation when they have persuaded you.

                                Comment

                                Working...