Originally posted by Portland Ute
View Post
Now, some of the boys have cousins, friends, etc. in other locations (mostly Utah) that talk about the great high adventure they had on their Facebook accounts and this information gets back to our young men. The next thing you know we have YM griping about how "my so-and-so cousin in Utah did this so why can't we?" The church really needs to get consistent on how this policy is applied in its stakes.
So what usually happens to make up the difference? We pay for things out of our pockets. I have told my bishop in tithing settlement many times the reason my fast offerings where as good as they could be was I used some of the funds that I allocated for FOs to help fund the YM program. He usually just says to me that I still gave a generous FO.
As for working its way up I have been pointing this problem out for some time now and it seems to always died somewhere. I have even written the General YMP. No response. So if you or anyone else has some ideas, let me know.
Comment