Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://jonmcnaughton.com/trump-rushmore/
    trump-rushmore-small.jpg
    Last edited by Solon; 02-12-2021, 12:39 PM. Reason: Not sure why this posted several times. I'm an idiot.
    "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
    -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

• The original working title of North by Northwest was The Man in Lincoln's Nose. Given the addition of a 5th wheel, perhaps a good sequel could be The Man in Trump's Comb-over?

Any other suggestions?

Comment

• The latest. It comes with a free poem! The last stanza:

We know what is coming,

For it is knocking at the door,

The legacy of Donald J. Trump,

And the “Spirit of 2024.”

spirit-of-2024-small1.jpg

Comment

• What's Biden holding, a mask?
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Looks like a mask. Holy crap that is such a barf-inducing painting.

Comment

• Revolutionary war era soldiers... led by Trump.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• That’s Candace Owens on the left, right? Gonna need help with the patriot on the right.
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                  That’s Candace Owens on the left, right? Gonna need help with the patriot on the right.
                  clearly montez from workaholics
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                    That’s Candace Owens on the left, right? Gonna need help with the patriot on the right.
                    Dinesh D’Souza….whoever that is. I love it when conservatives deduce that conservative people of color being in their side means they can’t possibly be racist.

Comment

• Originally posted by originalsocal View Post

Dinesh D’Souza….whoever that is. I love it when conservatives deduce that conservative people of color being in their side means they can’t possibly be racist.
                      Ah now I see. Pardoned so he could march on Washington!
                      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                      - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                        Revolutionary war era soldiers... led by Trump.
                        They're marching to take back the airports seized by the British.

Comment

• Originally posted by originalsocal View Post
                          The latest. It comes with a free poem! The last stanza:

We know what is coming,

For it is knocking at the door,

The legacy of Donald J. Trump,

And the “Spirit of 2024.”

spirit-of-2024-small1.jpg
                          This guy ramps up the cringe. He's still ride or die, huh? Hopefully Trump dies first, I guess?
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• While the subject matter is cringe, just the overall art level is subpar and basically on the level of a good high school painter. The proportions are off (he really struggles with head size) and the limbs convey stiffness instead of natural movements. It’s almost like he had a bunch of those stuck figure things you can buy at any art store and he just paints them exactly as he has them setup instead of trying to show natural movements.
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                              While the subject matter is cringe, just the overall art level is subpar and basically on the level of a good high school painter. The proportions are off (he really struggles with head size) and the limbs convey stiffness instead of natural movements. It’s almost like he had a bunch of those stuck figure things you can buy at any art store and he just paints them exactly as he has them setup instead of trying to show natural movements.
                              I agree with all of this, being myself something of a hack artist. I think he compensates for his lack of skill/discipline with 'provocative' subject matter. It's been a while since I've been on his site, but doesn't he have a heading like "Fine Art" or something insane like that? His stuff is so dead center bullseye tacky it's not even funny. It's like he failed at being both a political cartoonist and a painter so he just thought 'hey what if I mix this shitty chocolate with this horrible peanut butter??' Fortunately for him there are more than enough tacky, tasteless people out there whom he can convince to buy his tacky, tasteless crap. Does he still have his awful garbage at the BYU Bookstore? I really hope not.
                              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post

I agree with all of this, being myself something of a hack artist. I think he compensates for his lack of skill/discipline with 'provocative' subject matter. It's been a while since I've been on his site, but doesn't he have a heading like "Fine Art" or something insane like that? His stuff is so dead center bullseye tacky it's not even funny. It's like he failed at being both a political cartoonist and a painter so he just thought 'hey what if I mix this shitty chocolate with this horrible peanut butter??' Fortunately for him there are more than enough tacky, tasteless people out there whom he can convince to buy his tacky, tasteless crap. Does he still have his awful garbage at the BYU Bookstore? I really hope not.
                                If I'm an artist - and some random people on a sports board are talking about me - I'm a success. Art is so subjective that jackalopoes like Jackson Pollock & Andy Warhol are celebrated. Nobody ever said that a Pollock head was too small - or the subject looked stiff.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                                -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Working...
                                X