I don't really know how to introduce this

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • BigFatMeanie
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 7114

    #1021
    Originally posted by Brian View Post
    The bespectacled chap making chase is a nice touch.
    That's Chuck Schumer.

    Comment

    • Uncle Ted
      The Big 12 money shot.
      • Apr 2010
      • 28853

      #1022
      Originally posted by Applejack View Post
      Is the artist Uncle Ted?
      Please.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

      Comment

      • Color Me Badd Fan
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2009
        • 12519

        #1023
        Heisman Trump is my favorite McNaughton. Also, as I've said before, I think McNaughton is in on the joke and I think Heisman Trump strongly indicates that. There's no way that guy painted it with a straight face. The painting is hilarious, I can absolutely see someone hanging this thing up as a joke.
        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

        Comment

        • smokymountainrain
          Impressive Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 22593

          #1024
          Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
          Heisman Trump is my favorite McNaughton. Also, as I've said before, I think McNaughton is in on the joke and I think Heisman Trump strongly indicates that. There's no way that guy painted it with a straight face. The painting is hilarious, I can absolutely see someone hanging this thing up as a joke.
          you obviously don't read cougarboard often enough. there are hundreds of posters there, who, given a paint brush, could and would absolutely paint something like that with a straight face. i'm not going to put it past mcnaughton.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

          Comment

          • Bo Diddley
            Senior
            • Jul 2012
            • 18790

            #1025
            Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
            Heisman Trump is my favorite McNaughton. Also, as I've said before, I think McNaughton is in on the joke and I think Heisman Trump strongly indicates that. There's no way that guy painted it with a straight face. The painting is hilarious, I can absolutely see someone hanging this thing up as a joke.
            I've actually considered getting one for this very reason.

            Comment

            • clackamascoug
              Banned
              • Dec 2009
              • 9709

              #1026
              Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
              I can’t figure out who the guy in the back right might be.

              It looks like Larry David. Would he be dumb enough to have Bernie Sanders on the left and Larry David on the right? Was wondering if the guy in the back near the ref could be Alec Baldwin.

              I’m spending too much time thinking about this clearly.
              Looks to me like Woody Allen... with the black glasses and all.

              Comment

              • Moliere
                One man.....one pie
                • Oct 2009
                • 27880

                #1027


                Layers of irony in this one.
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                Comment

                • Jeff Lebowski
                  Corporate lackey for Jesus
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 69700

                  #1028
                  Originally posted by Moliere View Post


                  Layers of irony in this one.
                  Hilarious. But wrong thread?
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

                  Comment

                  • Moliere
                    One man.....one pie
                    • Oct 2009
                    • 27880

                    #1029
                    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Hilarious. But wrong thread?
                    Yes
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

                    Comment

                    • Bo Diddley
                      Senior
                      • Jul 2012
                      • 18790

                      #1030
                      I'll be the first to agree that there's a TON of government waste in the way we budget and spend. However, just because we can't properly document the financial transactions doesn't mean they were wasted. We have years of doing business the wrong way to overcome. In the DoD, that's a lot of inertia to overcome. We're working with imperfect systems to come into compliance with the requirement for 100% auditability. It's remarkable how far we've come in such a short time. I'll have to dig into the audit results deeper, to better understand what it all means, but I doubt we're at the level of waste to fund anything close to universal healthcare.

                      Comment

                      • creekster
                        It is NOT a monkey!
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 22661

                        #1031
                        Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                        I'll be the first to agree that there's a TON of government waste in the way we budget and spend. However, just because we can't properly document the financial transactions doesn't mean they were wasted. We have years of doing business the wrong way to overcome. In the DoD, that's a lot of inertia to overcome. We're working with imperfect systems to come into compliance with the requirement for 100% auditability. It's remarkable how far we've come in such a short time. I'll have to dig into the audit results deeper, to better understand what it all means, but I doubt we're at the level of waste to fund anything close to universal healthcare.
                        That whole 21T waste number is ludicrous. Given that the annual DOD budget is around 600B, and even if you assume that half of that annual budget is lost in accounting or acquisitional waste (which is nowhere near possible) it would take over 60 years to accumulate 21 Trillion in lost/wasted funds. So anyone proposing this 21T be used to finance ANYTHING is either very dumb or lying. Or maybe I am racist.
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

                        Comment

                        • Topper
                          Pre-Historic Man
                          • Nov 2011
                          • 11764

                          #1032
                          Originally posted by creekster View Post
                          That whole 21T waste number is ludicrous. Given that the annual DOD budget is around 600B, and even if you assume that half of that annual budget is lost in accounting or acquisitional waste (which is nowhere near possible) it would take over 60 years to accumulate 21 Trillion in lost/wasted funds. So anyone proposing this 21T be used to finance ANYTHING is either very dumb or lying. Or maybe I am racist.
                          Very dumb and lying is the most likely conclusion.
                          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

                          Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

                          Comment

                          • Babs
                            Not a Lawyer
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 17128

                            #1033
                            Originally posted by Topper View Post
                            Very dumb and lying is the most likely conclusion.
                            Tbf, this does not preclude racism.

                            Comment

                            • All-American
                              Right, as Usual
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 15665

                              #1034
                              Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Hilarious. But wrong thread?
                              Not if he didn’t know how to introduce it.
                              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

                              Comment

                              • LVAllen
                                Senior Member
                                • Oct 2013
                                • 3272

                                #1035
                                I'm just going to leave this here:


                                (KUTV) -- "Yule Believe in Miracles" states the new poster for "Once Upon a Deadpool," the newest Marvel movie in the Deadpool franchise. The 20th Century Fox poster shows Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool in place of Jesus Christ. Characters from the film are featured in the background as angels dressed in white. The painting called "The Second Coming," painted by Harry Anderson, was commissioned by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the 1960s.

                                Comment

                                Working...