• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Brisket in an Intsapot?

τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Brisket in an Intsapot?

Say what you will, it tastes good. My wife is so damned finnicky about meat "goobers" that brisket's a hard sale unless I use the InstantPot. I can low and slow one and she will just bitch about all the fat and "goobers" so I do what I do for marital peace (and good eats).
      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Please go back and read the account from my brother when he cooked a brisket sous vide.

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
          Say what you will, it tastes good. My wife is so damned finnicky about meat "goobers" that brisket's a hard sale unless I use the InstantPot. I can low and slow one and she will just bitch about all the fat and "goobers" so I do what I do for marital peace (and good eats).
          That's a lot of words to say you can't cook decent BBQ.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

That's a lot of words to say you can't cook decent BBQ.

You ain’t Bambam

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post

You ain’t Bambam
              Just pulling your leg. Brisket taquitos sound great.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Just pulling your leg. Brisket taquitos sound great.
                Bambam’s has such amazing brisket! We went there in June when we were up there for my nephew’s baseball games.

Comment

• Normally when I do catering work, I do it with my partner and he does everything but the bbq. Last Fall my family and I did our ward party for roughly 450 people. It was a challenge doing that out of my home and not in a professional kitchen, but I had all the equipment to make it work so it wasn't too bad. We ended up doing food for between 500-550 people, but it was a ward party and I wasn't too stressed about the outcome. Expectations for free food at ward get together is typically low.

This upcoming weekend I'm doing my first solo wedding. I've probably done brisket for at least 50 weddings in the past, but all I did was the brisket and I've got it down to a science. It's been fun getting the menu put together and things ready for Saturday night. Sunday I got the final headcount and started drilling down on quantities. We're looking at about 70 people but with about 10 or so kids. I was planning on buying the briskets at Costco or Sam's on Monday, but Sunday night I got a text from Snake River Farms with a 35% off sale on certain productions. Black Wagyu briskets of 22 plus pounds were on the list. I also remembered I had a couple of Gold SRF briskets in my freezer. So I ordered two Black briskets and will be using one of my Gold's. A total of 63.8 pounds of fatty deliciousness. With me donating a brisket as my wedding gift, the price difference is pretty close. I'll earmark the Gold for the happy couple and their parents.

The two briskets just arrived and it's now officially game time. The next several days will be a lot of work, but a lot of fun. I'm hoping the end results meet the expectations. Fingers crossed.
                  A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

• Originally posted by CJF View Post
                    Normally when I do catering work, I do it with my partner and he does everything but the bbq. Last Fall my family and I did our ward party for roughly 450 people. It was a challenge doing that out of my home and not in a professional kitchen, but I had all the equipment to make it work so it wasn't too bad. We ended up doing food for between 500-550 people, but it was a ward party and I wasn't too stressed about the outcome. Expectations for free food at ward get together is typically low.

This upcoming weekend I'm doing my first solo wedding. I've probably done brisket for at least 50 weddings in the past, but all I did was the brisket and I've got it down to a science. It's been fun getting the menu put together and things ready for Saturday night. Sunday I got the final headcount and started drilling down on quantities. We're looking at about 70 people but with about 10 or so kids. I was planning on buying the briskets at Costco or Sam's on Monday, but Sunday night I got a text from Snake River Farms with a 35% off sale on certain productions. Black Wagyu briskets of 22 plus pounds were on the list. I also remembered I had a couple of Gold SRF briskets in my freezer. So I ordered two Black briskets and will be using one of my Gold's. A total of 63.8 pounds of fatty deliciousness. With me donating a brisket as my wedding gift, the price difference is pretty close. I'll earmark the Gold for the happy couple and their parents.

The two briskets just arrived and it's now officially game time. The next several days will be a lot of work, but a lot of fun. I'm hoping the end results meet the expectations. Fingers crossed.
                    I wish you were my neighbor.

Comment

I wish you were my neighbor.
                      Ha. I'm probably only 25 minutes and a beautiful drive up Provo Canyon away. Next time you're up fishing at any of the close by bodies of water, let me know and I'll serve you and your party a meal.
                      A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Ha. I'm probably only 25 minutes and a beautiful drive up Provo Canyon away. Next time you're up fishing at any of the close by bodies of water, let me know and I'll serve you and your party a meal.
                        I mainly want to look over your shoulder and see how you pull off some of these cooks. See your smokers, methods, etc.

Comment

This upcoming weekend I'm doing my first solo wedding.
                          Odd. Usually a wedding involves at least two people.

τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Normally when I do catering work, I do it with my partner and he does everything but the bbq. Last Fall my family and I did our ward party for roughly 450 people. It was a challenge doing that out of my home and not in a professional kitchen, but I had all the equipment to make it work so it wasn't too bad. We ended up doing food for between 500-550 people, but it was a ward party and I wasn't too stressed about the outcome. Expectations for free food at ward get together is typically low.

I'm so looking forward to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post

Odd. Usually a wedding involves at least two people.
                              Welcome to 2023!

Comment

• I’ll start the briskets tomorrow morning and the pork shoulders Friday morning. I’ll prep the briskets tonight. I’ll hold the briskets in my warmer at 150 after pulling off the smoker Friday.

Here’s kitchen my island right now.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X