X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sizzle
    replied
    Originally posted by Drunk Tank View Post
    Just wrapped and put back in the smoker. Internal temp was only 155° when I wrapped, but the color was where I wanted it. Rubbed with black ops.

Leave a comment:

• TripletDaddy
    replied
    The only thing I really don't care for about that brisket is that it is currently not at my house.

Leave a comment:

• Drunk Tank
    replied
    Just wrapped and put back in the smoker. Internal temp was only 155° when I wrapped, but the color was where I wanted it. Rubbed with black ops.

Leave a comment:

• CJF
    replied
    Trying a couple of things for the first time and I'm praying it won't be a complete disaster. I don't have a smoker, but I do have a grill and a brisket. I've got a small charcoal fire on one side of the grill. I'm adding mesquite wood chips to this charcoal every 25 minutes. The I've got the thick end of the brisket on the fire side, still partially frozen, fat side down on a lined cookie sheet. After about three hours I'll move to a 225 oven and let it go the rest of the way. The grill is hotter and obviously not indirect heat, so I'm sure it will be a mess, but I had to try something. Never tried cooking a partially frozen brisket before.

The another thing different is I put "glue" on meat side of this brisket. Normally I do not do this, especially for brisket, but the meat was still hard that I was afraid the rub would stick well. So POYM was put on, but I also added a few circles of Sriracha on also. Hopefully it gives it a subtle kick. I think it could be really good on shoulders.

Leave a comment:

• ERCougar
    replied
    Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Did you use that recipe with today's cook? I've never heard of using coffee grounds as an ingredient, but I'm obviously sheltered in this area. Maybe I'll hit up the neighbors.
    Lots of rub recipes have coffee grounds as an ingredient. It's my excuse for having coffee in the house.

Leave a comment:

• Pelado
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    My favorite brisket rub (black ops) has coffee in it. Don't tell my bishop.
    What a sinner.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Lebowski
    replied
    Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    Did you use that recipe with today's cook? I've never heard of using coffee grounds as an ingredient, but I'm obviously sheltered in this area. Maybe I'll hit up the neighbors.
    My favorite brisket rub (black ops) has coffee in it. Don't tell my bishop.

Leave a comment:

• PaloAltoCougar
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Traeger recipe of the week: Jack-Mormon Brisket

http://www.traegergrills.com/recipes...=#.VAnSZmRdWn8

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Lebowski
    replied
    Traeger recipe of the week: Jack-Mormon Brisket

http://www.traegergrills.com/recipes...=#.VAnSZmRdWn8

Leave a comment:

• FN Phat
    replied
    damn that looks good, surf

Leave a comment:

• TripletDaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
    Signature quote. #TWSS
    that quote is often followed by #wmph

Leave a comment:

• Joe Public
    replied
    That looks good. Did you have to do anything differently because the brisket was larger?

Leave a comment:

• Donuthole
    replied
    Originally posted by Surfah View Post
    I was very intimidated by this piece of meat
    Signature quote. #TWSS

Leave a comment:

• Drunk Tank
    replied
    Looks great!

Leave a comment:

• Surfah
    replied
    For Labor Day my old man picked up a giant packer and asked me if I would smoke it. This sucker was 18.56 lbs. I was worried because I think the biggest one I'd ever done previously was 12 lbs or so. I was very intimidated by this piece of meat, especially since I was cooking for 14 adults and 13 kids.

Sorry for blurry pics.

Prepping the brisket:

Rubbed, injected and wrapped:

Did two racks of ribs too:

Came out awesome. Everyone loved it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X