X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kccougar
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Your technique is fine. And no prob letting it sit overnight.

What injection are you using?
    I bought some Butcher BBQ Prime Brisket Injection from BBQ Pit Stop in Lehi that I'm going to try.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Lebowski
    replied
    Originally posted by kccougar View Post
    I'm trying injecting for the first time tomorrow. The injection instructions call for letting it sit 4 hours after injecting before cooking. I assume it okay for the brisket to sit longer (like overnight in the fridge) after injecting? Since I'm going to start smoking about 6:00am.

Also, I haven't done brisket in a while. In the past I've smoked it using oak/hickory up to 165, then wrapped in foil with some beef broth and continued in the oven to 200, then hold in the oven until carving. Should I do anything differently if I'm also injecting?
    Your technique is fine. And no prob letting it sit overnight.

What injection are you using?

Leave a comment:

• kccougar
    replied
    I'm trying injecting for the first time tomorrow. The injection instructions call for letting it sit 4 hours after injecting before cooking. I assume it okay for the brisket to sit longer (like overnight in the fridge) after injecting? Since I'm going to start smoking about 6:00am.

Also, I haven't done brisket in a while. In the past I've smoked it using oak/hickory up to 165, then wrapped in foil with some beef broth and continued in the oven to 200, then hold in the oven until carving. Should I do anything differently if I'm also injecting?

Leave a comment:

• Joe Public
    replied
    Bowl game brisket:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I let it sit for a while before taking pictures, but it was really moist. This was the best one I've done so far.

Leave a comment:

• Drunk Tank
    replied
    Salt and pepper rub. I was out of black ops.

Leave a comment:

• Drunk Tank
    replied
    Smoking 60lbs of prime grade brisket this weekend for a party, along with 15 racks of ribs should be fun. Going to use just a basic salt and pepper rub.

Leave a comment:

• Drunk Tank
    replied
    The brisket gods were shining down on me this weekend. As I was strolling through costco's meat market, I noticed they had a whole packer brisket, which they never have here. When I looked closer, it was prime grade! When I looked at the price, I was shocked. $3.99/lb! I bought all they had left, which was only 2. The choice flats they were selling were $6.19/lb.

Leave a comment:

• Green Monstah
    replied
    Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    Also, if you don't own a smoker, is all lost in terms of cooking a delish brisket?
    What a difference three years makes.

I consistently shoot myself in the foot. I decided to do JL's method, but my brisket was almost 12 pounds in the package, probably 10.5 after trimming. I decided to put it on at 3am to make up for the slightly larger size. I don't know why, but my iphone alarm didn't wake me, so I got the brisket on at 6:20, with dinner time at 6:00. I bumped the temp to 250. Hopefully that gets me back on track.

Leave a comment:

• wuapinmon
    replied

Brisket, chicken legs, sauerbraten, bratwurst, pulled pork, cooked red cabbage, and chimichurri.

Leave a comment:

• Drunk Tank
    replied
    Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
    DT,

Sorry if you've answered this before, but where do you get your briskets?
    Yep, Sams Club. This one was a 12lb certified Angus choice packer. I'd love to get my hands on some prime grade brisket, but almost impossible to find around here.

Leave a comment:

• The_Tick
    replied
    Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
    DT,

He will check in at some point...but we usually pick them up from Sam's Club.

Leave a comment:

• ERCougar
    replied
    Dang that looks good.

Leave a comment:

• Green Monstah
    replied
    DT,

Leave a comment:

• old_gregg
    replied
    DT is a wizard

Leave a comment:

• Drunk Tank
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X